Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You: Ah well at least we'll never have to see Triple H/Orton again, it's been done to death

Vince:

Triple H Invades Randy Orton's House animated gif

It's quite telling really.  Their number one guy is unavailable, so they need to pull something out.  When the entire company was being held in Saudi Arabia, they pulled out an NXT "Invasion" that led to a pretty decent Survivor Series.  

What do they do here?  Bring oot the gehm!

15 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Drew McIntyre has tested positive for Covid-19 

WWE Champion Drew McIntyre Tests Positive for COVID-19

Shameful, WWE. Once again putting their stars at risk.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why not? f**k it, give people something just as big, if not bigger when someone can't make it. 

Yeah, it's certainly not the worst thing they could have done.  Seemed pretty unimaginative at the time, but if it turns out they were without way more than just Drew and Trips was fine then makes sense.  

Glad Gillberg is doing well but that act is beyond stale and pish now. It was funny for a few times back in the late 90s before quickly becoming boring and was amusing a couple of times when Goldberg came back a few years ago, but it's now such an obvious and unfunny joke that it should be punted forever.

Also, why do wrestlers think that an opponent bridging in the ring is the most terrifying thing ever?

I usually read the recaps for RAW and Smackdown and then pick up any of the clips if the segment sounds good.  When they said Orton came back with a mask, I was imagining what Cody Rhodes wore.  

What I wasn't expecting was some cross between first-era Cyberman and El Santo after he'd been at the jam.  Jesus Fucking Christ WWE...

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Can see AJ winning the rumble this year. Don't see anyone else winning it. 

The only other viable contenders I can think of are Sheamus, Big E or Bray Wyatt. Maybe a surprise Rollins return and win, likewise Edge. It's a painfully thin field this year though. Their own fault of course for wasting guys like Keith Lee, John Morrison, Aleister Black, Ricochet, Matt Riddle, Bobby Lashley, Finn Balor, Chad Gable, Cesaro, Otis, Murphy, Mustafa Ali and others. Not saying that they could all be winners, but they all have zero credibility when it comes to having potential of being near the top. However, in storyline terms, you know that they, and almost everyone else, is just absolute filler for the match and they'll do nothing of note, making for a poor and dull match. If even a few of them had been allowed to build up some credibility then it would make for a much more interesting match and benefit everyone overall.

No doubt Goldberg will win it or some shit though. 

Bryan maybe?  Could see him having a story with Reigns as the one to finally dethrone him (although is that far too early for that?).

Lesnar?  Could have a story with either Reigns or (preferably) McIntyre if that happens.  

But yeah, although there's plenty that could "deserve" it, if we're looking at it from anything vaguely resembling stories they're telling, the field is pretty thin.  Bray Wyatt shouldn't come back yet, and certainly not to do anything other than specific non-title stories.  Sheamus would be...meh.  Big E I'd take, but thinking about it I don't think the time's right to have Reigns drop yet.  I'd keep him with the title for a year to be honest, then have a proper story lead into the next WM.