Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Apparently the Edge and Orton match has been filmed and it's over 30 minutes.

Seemingly it's pretty good but obviously nowhere near being close to being close to being the greatest ever wrestling match.

Seemingly it's pretty good but obviously nowhere near being close to being close to being the greatest ever wrestling match.
You're desperate for it to fall short.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You're desperate for it to fall short.

Am I?

Am I?
You certainly come across that way.

What they're doing is building hype for an angle in a new way (I've never seen anyone say they'll go have the best wrestling match ever). Of course it'll fall short of that for the majority of people hell, probably everyone. But it's all about getting the interest in it and it seems to be doing exactly that.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

You certainly come across that way.

What they're doing is building hype for an angle in a new way (I've never seen anyone say they'll go have the best wrestling match ever). Of course it'll fall short of that for the majority of people hell, probably everyone. But it's all about getting the interest in it and it seems to be doing exactly that.

Wrong.

They're building hype in a stupid way. They're pushing this 'greatest wrestling match ever' so heavily and creating expectations that can never be delivered upon.

It's a feud that needs little hype. The build to their Mania match was perfect. The match was shit but there was still plenty left of the feud.

It's a personal feud that has seen Orton attack Edge's wife. Orton was using family references and saying that he was going to hurt and beat Edge for his own good and for the good of his daughters. He made it deeply personal.

Where does having 'the best wrestling match ever' fit in to that narrative? It doesn't, at all. If it was two guys who were feuding over who the better wrestler was then it might make a bit of sense (although I think branding any match as such is stupid and makes impossible to live up to expectations), but this isn't that.

This is a guy who wants revenge and who wants to shut his opponent up. They aren't looking to have a perfect wrestling match. They're looking to f**k each other up. It's why, if they knew this was going to be a multi match feud, starting with the Last Man Standing match was a mistake. Even so, it didn't kill the feud and there was loads of ways they could have went. The one they've picked is daft and bizarre.

I like the way they're building this. I'm all for something a bit different rather than the same old shite. Will it be the greatest wrestling match ever? Obviously not, but that's not the point of the story for me.

Making Raw & Smackdown the exact same show again. (Not that it wasn't in any case)

Curious as to why Prichard has the top job with the rumour and innuendo that Stephanie McMahon isn't a fan and he's confirmed in the past it was her that punted him.

Who'd have thought 18 month ago when Prichard was just a podcaster looking on the back side of his career after doing the TNA stint that he'd be one of the biggest players in WWE again?

Edited by Ludo*1

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Who'd have thought 18 month ago when Prichard was just a podcaster looking on the back side of his career after doing the TNA stint that he'd be one of the biggest players in WWE again?

You probably could've guessed. There won't be a new guiding voice in that company until Vince bites the dust.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Surely to god he’s not returning when they’ve got no crowds? 

He's hardly box office material though?

In other news, AJ Styles being outed as a bit of a moron if the rumours are correct.

Republican, against gay people and a flat earther - Hated Paul Heyman taking the piss out of him so went to Vince and apparently he regularly gets the pissed ripped out of him for his views. Believe Randy Orton has confirmed the flat earth stories.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's hardly box office material though?

In other news, AJ Styles being outed as a bit of a moron if the rumours are correct.

Republican, against gay people and a flat earther - Hated Paul Heyman taking the piss out of him so went to Vince and apparently he regularly gets the pissed ripped out of him for his views. Believe Randy Orton has confirmed the flat earth stories.

Yeah but I’m meaning more for the guy himself. I’m not sure why he’d choose now of all times to come back.