Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Guest bernardblack

I think I might he done with WWE for a little while. I’ve went from watching raw live, to watching the recording the next day....to watching their YouTube and then finally to just reading the grades/reviews.

Last night sounded utterly horrific.

The difference of what WWE is churning out to what AEW put out on Saturday night is exactly why AEW will be a success. 

I agree that there will be no winner, only a viable alternative but AEW is hitting the market with a perfect storm around it. People want an alternative, they will (excuse the pun) buy in to AEW as long as it's not going to insult the viewer's intelligence or bore them senseless. They have guys with their finger exactly on the pulse and a huge market of men and women in their late 20s to early 40s who want to see the content they put out. 

They are clearly now recognising this, hence the name drop and it seems that everyone in WWE is on board with exactly how to combat it, apart from one old guy who it seems hasn't moved on. And it will never change until he's gone and someone with the mind for the modern business is running it. 

Bear in mind, it's well reported that if it wasn't for guys like HHH and Shawn Michaels begging Vince to drop the Hokey shite for an edgier product in the 90s, he'd have carried on with the cartoon character pish as he thought nothing was wrong. 

On 21/05/2019 at 07:46, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That 24/7 scramble match was Russo level shite.

I feel bad for Anderson and Gallows being associated with the rest of the jobbers in that match. They must be counting down the days until their contracts are up.

They'll be back in the Bullet Club in AEW soon enough.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The difference of what WWE is churning out to what AEW put out on Saturday night is exactly why AEW will be a success. 

AEW has a lot of momentum going and seems to be putting out the type of mature wrestling product a lot of frustrated fans want to see, but PPVs are the easy bit and thats all they've done so far. Only fair comparison to RAW will be once AEW start churning out weekly TV shows. No reason to think they can't put out a good product, but maintaining a quality wrestling show isn't easy, and their roster isn't deep enough to have dream matches every week.

45 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

AEW has a lot of momentum going and seems to be putting out the type of mature wrestling product a lot of frustrated fans want to see, but PPVs are the easy bit and thats all they've done so far. Only fair comparison to RAW will be once AEW start churning out weekly TV shows. No reason to think they can't put out a good product, but maintaining a quality wrestling show isn't easy, and their roster isn't deep enough to have dream matches every week.

Also correct. But then I don't think many are looking for dream matches on a weekly basis, just freshness.

If they avoid the route of repeating the same matches a dozen times on telly, and firing random folk into tag matches to give them something to do, they'll be fine.

Honestly I don’t think Raw has been this bad since the mid 90’s. I think they’re afraid to have matched now and when they do it’s just normally a squash or a tag match. Hopefully when AEW starts they might start to realise how stale their product has got.

Only thing worth checking in on is the madness of Bray Wyatt. I've given up on it weeks ago. 

How can you have a roster of literally dozens of folk and not put any of them in a fucking match on the telly? Why don't they try new matches? 

I'd rather watch someone like Bobby Roode vs Rollins or Crews vs Joe than the same matches every week. 

Ricochet vs Cesaro should be a top, top feud. So keep them away from one another until a PPV. Don't just stick them in a match every week having them trading wins.