Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

The Rock rips my knitting these days. His patter is atrocious and it takes him 20 minutes to cut a 5 minute promo. I get bored and stop paying attention after the first 5 minutes.

Ken. He needs to get to the point half an hour ago.

WWE.com are saying that last night definately counted as a cash-in.

Punk watching Cena get punished by Big Show may be a little more puzzling. Cena became the first Superstar ever to cash in a Money in the Bank championship contract and not win a championship despite not losing the match. In fact, Cena won by disqualification when Big Show attacked him. Regardless of how the match ended, though, the fact of the matter is that Cena had one, and only one, opportunity to cash in and challenge for the WWE Championship. And now that opportunity is gone.

Officially, Cena is not due a WWE Championship rematch.

I can't see how it won't be Punk vs Cena at Summerslam. A vengeful AJ to book the rematch or give Cena the case back?

I think it would make more sense for Punk to be more of a tweener rather than a full blown heel at this point in time. A more edgy Punk that isn't afraid to use nefarious tactics or drop a pipebomb now and again would be far better than the bland babyface character he has played for months now. Going by they way he comes across on Colt's podcast, Punk is definately a bit of an arsehole in real life and they shouldn't be afraid to let his WWE character be a bit like that as well.

IMO they should save the full heel turn for his feud with The Rock if they are serious about having Punk vs Rocky at the Rumble.

I agree, id like to see Punk act like that, i think it could create a great angle. More than anything if they are gonna keep Cena as the face of the company, he needs a great opponent to generate great matches, and id like to see more of this.

Anyone else properly chuffed for The Miz, but wishes he had fought Santino instead?

Best moment from last night - Slaters headstand after the Clothesline from Hell

1343097493852.gif

I could watch that all day :lol:

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Heath Sater is a tank.

Daniel Bryan is still the best thing in WWE right now. He is fantastic. I hope he looses his mind and becomes full blown psycho. He is fucking tremendous.

He needs to hit the gym, if you're gonna take steroids then you need to work out or you'll end up with tits, like Slater has.

His white suit was beast!

Edited by forehead7

Daniel Bryan still gripping onto the white mic was stunning. I think that might well have been his biggest night in WWE. Aye, he has shown lots of character in the last 12 months, but last night, he was perfect in his role. ANy doubts anyone had about him character and mic skills wise had better finally be won over.

A face CM Punk should have been great, but they fucked it up pretty much within a month of MITB last year. Now he's back as a heel which is fine by me as he is one of the best in years. However, who does that leave as the second top guy on Raw? I can maybe see the Miz turning and taking over the spot.

A WWE with a heel Daniel Bryan and heel CM Punk is pretty good in my book.

This is what I meant about peaks and troughs a few weeks ago. It went slightly stale for the last maybe 2 months, now in the space of one night everything has been blown wide open and it looks like we could be turning a corner again.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

The Punk heel turn is easily justifiable if WWE play it smart. Exactly 12 months ago, Punk was sat on the ramp cutting a pseudo-shoot about how big an arse kisser Cena was but said his arse kissing abilities were nothing compared to 'Dwayne's' and the fact that the two of them were headlining Mania was sickening. Last night, Rock comes out and tells Punk he's been booked into a main event, 6 months in advance yet again, regardless of who he is facing.

Rock being a massive arse licker is motive enough for Punk's heel turn, it's time he was cutting the edgy 'pipe-bomb' style promos again anyway and those are far easier to pull off as a heel than as a face.

Rock being a massive arse licker is motive enough for Punk's heel turn, it's time he was cutting the edgy 'pipe-bomb' style promos again anyway and those are far easier to pull off as a heel than as a face.

The only pit fall is cutting "pipe bombs" weekly eventually loose their novelty.

The only pit fall is cutting "pipe bombs" weekly eventually loose their novelty.

Of course and I'm not suggesting he goes out every week with one. But the concept of him mentioning that he's the 'voice of the voiceless' and saying a whole load of nothing every week in pretty generic promos, like he's been doing for months now, is even worse.

He sat for 4 months on commentary at the start of last year on Raw, NXT and Superstars, before his Summer of Punk angle and without being overly controversial or dropping big home truths, he was enthralling. His snide digs at wrestlers, co-commentators and just in general were by far the most entertaining part of the shows. It's almost like the gave him carte-blanche to say whatever he liked and it worked.

Just finished watching Raw. Good stuff.

Punk did NOT turn heel. How can none of you see this? If he turned heel he would have busted out his evil grin. That he had a look of conflict after Show interfered and continued to do so until the show went off air proves this. They may have teased the turn, but he is not yet a heel. What will happen on Raw is that Punk will feel bad, explain his actions (he had to take the pink as champ, he was sending a message to The Rock), and give Cena a shot at Summerslam.

Oh and I expect Austin to be on next week's Raw.

Edited by DA Baracus

Just finished watching Raw. Good stuff.

Punk did NOT turn heel. How can none of you see this? If he turned heel he would have busted out his evil grin. That he had a look of conflict after Show interfered and continued to do so until the show went off air proves this. They may have teased the turn, but he is not yet a heel. What will happen on Raw is that Punk will feel bad, explain his actions (he had to take the pink as champ, he was sending a message to The Rock), and give Cena a shot at Summerslam.

Oh and I expect Austin to be on next week's Raw.

He hadn't turned when Show interfered. He was scowling when GTSing the Rock, that's what told me he was heel.

After RAW went off the air, The Big Show gets to his feet and starts to go after John Cena. The Rock and Cena recover and take down the Big Show. Cena hits Show with an AA, then puts Show into position for a People's Elbow. The Rock doesn't have an elbow pad, and Cena gives him a "Cenation" armband to peel off. The Rock made a joke about how big the armband was and hit the People's Elbow on Big Show.

The Rock then thanked everyone and posed with a few fans and sends them home happy. Show is still in the ring as the house lights come on.