Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

It also shows you how legitimately fucking fuming Triple H must have been at the change in direction towards NXT 2.0 when it happened and his enforced back seat within the company. Little wonder as well - they just completely discarded everything he did and everyone that he and Shawn Michaels spent well over a year building up and getting fans invested in. Lumis was a prime example of that.

So it's quite telling that very first thing he's doing is pulling back folk turfed out last November who aren't tied down to exclusive deals. That's four already in just over two weeks. It's definitely not a coincidence.

I think having NXT 2.0 and Vince's WWE, yeah, but having 2.0 and HHH's WWE, I think they'd be great together.  There's no real need to have a Black and Gold version if you can merge that into your main roster, and 2.0 has been seemingly valuable to get inexperienced people actual ring time in front of cameras.  I know they're massively high on him, but would Bron Breakker be getting the shine he is if we were still getting 40 minute main events with Adam Cole kicking out of a million finishers?  

I agree though, at the time, when Vince leaving was just fantasy, it must've been a fucking dark time in his life.  Almost dying, realising his in-ring career is done, having years of his professional life essentially erased, and having to watch people he fought to have on his show disappear off to have fun elsewhere.  But what a fucking turn-around some errant financial payments can make, eh?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2022 at 02:54, AFCDannyFTH said:

More of this please. Superb.

This is why I hate the Riddle character generally. This goofy pothead w****r playing comedic foil to Randy Orton. He could be a fucking killer if they gave him a shot. Hopefully the end result of him and Orton is a turn because that 45s was better than most of what he's done so far.

It's really noticeable watching the likes of Dynamite how fucking brutal it must be to watch in the US.  We don't get the picture-in-picture stuff so it flows quite well that way, but you've still got those long static shots to music that sub in for the 2-3 minute breaks you'll have in the US.  The 2 hours manages to go at an alright clip though, RAW seems like it'd be a fucking chore right enough.

Interesting that the one thing Trips always mentioned wanting to do was to turn RAW back an hour.  Imagine they've got ironclad contracts with broadcasters that make this a non-starter, but maybe in the coming years it might become more possible.  It's definitely something that would improve the product.

36 minutes ago, forameus said:

It's really noticeable watching the likes of Dynamite how fucking brutal it must be to watch in the US.  We don't get the picture-in-picture stuff so it flows quite well that way, but you've still got those long static shots to music that sub in for the 2-3 minute breaks you'll have in the US.  The 2 hours manages to go at an alright clip though, RAW seems like it'd be a fucking chore right enough.

Interesting that the one thing Trips always mentioned wanting to do was to turn RAW back an hour.  Imagine they've got ironclad contracts with broadcasters that make this a non-starter, but maybe in the coming years it might become more possible.  It's definitely something that would improve the product.

I watch a download of Dynamite and Rampage and you get the commentary all the way through where the ads should have been, - i think Regals disco biscuits comment was during one last week. Even the picture in picture is favourable to a proper ad break

11 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I watch a download of Dynamite and Rampage and you get the commentary all the way through where the ads should have been, - i think Regals disco biscuits comment was during one last week. Even the picture in picture is favourable to a proper ad break

Yeah, you get that on FITE for breaks that happen during matches, but there's also long periods between segments where they put in the proper adverts.  On FITE you get a title card and royalty-free music for 2 to 3 minutes.

8 hours ago, forameus said:

Doubt we'll see it with USA. Not sure what else they have programming wise these days since the days of Psych and Burn Notice are long gone. That's why they've been happy even with NXT.

There is a what if from the last deals signed. FOX were bidding for Raw not Smackdown. FOX only do two hours of primetime programming as 10pm goes to local news. If Raw had gone to FOX then it would have been cut down to two hours. USA had the right to match any offers and won the rights deal.

FOX picked up Smackdown as a consolation prize with the promise it would be boosted to an A-show/equal standing to Raw.

This (presumably) Bray Wyatt White Rabbit stuff is bloody tremendous. Because they have quite literally created a Rabbit hole to take viewers and the more inquisitve down. QR codes leading to cryptic messages, song choices with lyrics hiding a deeper meaning, the suggestion that Alexa Bliss has lost a step in the last year. It's great.

The whole WWE setup feels fresh again just now.

On that subject, there's talk of Karrion Kross being involved in some way as well.

He wrestled as White Rabbit in Lucha Underground and the video of the QR code screened has the hourglass in the corner.

I know The Fiend character was booked utterly nonsensical in the end but as a long term story teller, there's no-one better in wrestling than Bray. There's also no-one who can generate buzz and intrigue the way he does. The guy is genuinely unique and that needs to be played to its strengths. Triple H said so himself, he's a man who is a creative genius but sometimes that needs to be nurtured and reined in to keep with a narrative as ideas fly into his brain and out his mouth so quickly that he can't pin himself to something.

I've no doubt if it is Wyatt, everything he's done and said in the last year or so has been for a reason. Right down to all the Cult of Windham stuff.

Also from Kyle Scarborough, the horror designer who created The Fiend mask.

I'm making a call now. Kross, Scarlett, Lumis and Wyatt are all involved in the angle in some way. Probably a load of shite but the emergence of four creepy folk at roughly same time and folk who are all massively artistic and creative seems like a big coincidence.