Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I feel asleep during the show and have just heard that AJ jobbed to Ryker in 2 minutes. Bloody hell.
Yup, that was stupid.
Especially as big Omos then came out & chased Elias/Ryker off after Elias cost AJ the match.

Can only be a (very weak) setup for a Raw Tag Team titles match on the Hell in a Cell preshow.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

We all knew he wasn't going to last long, but that was quick!

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/05/25/wwe-and-adnan-virk-mutually-agree-to-part-ways/

Why did we know he wouldn't last long? Was he pish?

Seen a few like Kevin Kelly (who should have been given Michael Cole's spot back in the day IMO) sticking the boot in.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why did we know he wouldn't last long? Was he pish?

Seen a few like Kevin Kelly (who should have been given Michael Cole's spot back in the day IMO) sticking the boot in.

He was a former ESPN guy with zero wrestling experience and was thrown straight in as Raw play-by-play. He certainly wasn't Mike Adamle bad, but he was clearly struggling. You could tell the writing was on the wall when they sent Sheamus out to bury him on the mic for no reason a couple of weeks ago.

I know it doesn't really need said, but Raw was utterly stinking again last night. At least the new commentator was ok.

I make it 6 more Thunderdome Raws until they are back in front of a live crowd. Their shows are going to look pathetic compared to AEW until then.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else sick of seeing Drew-Bobby? 

I'm just sick of Drew being in the title picture tbh. He's been involved in it since the Rumble last year.

3 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

I'm just sick of Drew being in the title picture tbh. He's been involved in it since the Rumble last year.

I would rather they give Bobby some new matches than the same match constantly. 

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I would rather they give Bobby some new matches than the same match constantly. 

Yeah I think we all would but the main issue is that no one has been built up to face Bobby. 

Apparently on Raw tomorrow night* we're getting a HIAC contract signing between Big Bob & Big Drew along with a 5 team Battle Royal to decide no.1 contenders for Raw Tag Team Titles.

5 teams in Battle Royal meant to be RKBro, New Day, Viking Raiders, LHP & Mace/T-Bar

*Subject to Vince changing everything last minute

Draft on the way in September. Both shows desperately need freshened up - but a lot of that is to do with them booking the same stuff over, and over again. I used to love the draft but you’re lucky if it makes a difference for even two weeks now.  

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Draft on the way in September. Both shows desperately need freshened up - but a lot of that is to do with them booking the same stuff over, and over again. I used to love the draft but you’re lucky if it makes a difference for even two weeks now.  

"Oh my God! Some guy you haven't seen on Smackdown for months has moved to Raw, where, after tonight, you won't see him for months!"

"Oh my God! Some guy you haven't seen on Smackdown for months has moved to Raw, where, after tonight, you won't see him for months!"
The brands will then inexplicably hate each other for about 3 weeks before Survivor Series, only for it to be completely forgotten about by the night after.

Remember when Shayna Baeszler looked like an absolutely terrifying monster who would quite happily break anyone on the roster in half?  Remember the long undefeated streak?  Remember her breaking people's arms?

I don't usually mind the Fiend stuff, but they still seem intent on making the wrong decision at every turn.  Bliss is trying her level best to keep things going, Baszler should absolutely be doing better things.  Instead we've got this mix of Hulk Hogan's "Man in the Mirror" segment and Steiner having a feud with a recording of Chucky.