Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

The problem for the vast majority of their failures is that they sign people who wouldn't ever have made it on the main roster. Whether it be people who wrestled exclusively in other countries which has never boded well for those people, or people who lacked the tools to be stars. The vast majority of the male NXT roster fit into that bracket at the moment. There aren't many on there who I'd be confident of making it.

As for Lee getting sent to the performance center, I'm not willing to write him off because of that. Especially under a year after he made his debut on the main roster at the time. He was unfortunate to be out at THIS point through injury. As I said, it's obvious they still have hopes for him, given what he was thrown into on his return.

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

The problem for the vast majority of their failures is that they sign people who wouldn't ever have made it on the main roster. Whether it be people who wrestled exclusively in other countries which has never boded well for those people, or people who lacked the tools to be stars. The vast majority of the male NXT roster fit into that bracket at the moment. There aren't many on there who I'd be confident of making it.

As for Lee getting sent to the performance center, I'm not willing to write him off because of that. Especially under a year after he made his debut on the main roster at the time. He was unfortunate to be out at THIS point through injury. As I said, it's obvious they still have hopes for him, given what he was thrown into on his return.

Maybe for some, but I wouldn't say the majority, let alone the vast majority.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They chucked Keith Lee back to the PC for 'more training'.

Did they though?  I'm sure when that report came out, he spent a good few more weeks on the main show, before admittedly disappearing for a bit.  Maybe they just delayed it, but always seemed like a bit of a baffling story.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A list of who they fucked and who has done alright after being called up would be interesting.

Luckily, the VLs over on reddit have you covered.  It's a few years old, but covers a fair bit of ground, and I've added a few from other articles.

69 of the fuckers, and you know what?  They have a pretty good record when it comes to calling the women up.  Paige, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Nia Jax, they all got pushed to varying degrees.  Then there was ones like Ember Moon, Kairi Sane, Nikki Cross, Iiconics, Dana Brooke, Lana, Eva Marie, Zelina Vega who they didn't quite have as much hope in, but still gave it a good shot.  I'm not sure you could call any of those failures exactly, even Eva Marie who was fucking hopeless.  They were desperate for her to work.  Summer Rae and Emma are probably the closest to it.

The rest...jeezo.  They've got success stories - all three of the Shield, Owens, Zayn, Balor, McIntyre, Nakamura (mibbee).  They've got ones that ended up being successful, but perhaps not because of WWE - Fandango (for 5 minutes), Big E and Woods, Wyatt.  But there's a long list that have either fizzled out completely, or have been outright ruined.  And 30 of the 69 names I found are no longer with the company.

Nakamura didn't give enough of a toss to step up into the main event. That was a mutual decision more than WWE burying him. 
You reckon? He was dynamite in NXT, I took it as main roster needed him to soften the strong style stuff and it just made him seem as bland as the next punter. Maybe that did fuel a lack of motivation.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
1 hour ago, NotThePars said:
Nakamura didn't give enough of a toss to step up into the main event. That was a mutual decision more than WWE burying him. 

You reckon? He was dynamite in NXT, I took it as main roster needed him to soften the strong style stuff and it just made him seem as bland as the next punter. Maybe that did fuel a lack of motivation.

He was fine in NXT. I think the consensus even was that there was a noticeable drop in quality from his Japan days even in NXT which is fine, he's seen an opportunity for a nice payday and he's getting on a bit so he's taken it.

Poor old Tom Phillips is being punted again.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/04/10/report-adnan-virk-expected-to-become-lead-announcer-on-wwe-raw/

It appears that WWE Raw will be undergoing changes beginning this Monday with a report stating that former ESPN host Adnan Virk is set to become its lead announcer.

Raj Giri of Wrestling INC reports that Virk is set to replace Tom Phillips as the lead announcer on Raw.

Giri also reports that Tom Phillips will not be part of tonight’s WrestleMania broadcast due to COVID-19 protocols.

Virk is a native of Toronto, Ontario, originally working for The Score (now Sportsnet 360) and joined ESPN in 2010. Virk served as an anchor on Baseball Tonight along with several additional hosting duties, including the Cinephile podcast he launched and continues to this day.

In 2019, Virk was released by the company with reports surfacing over information the network believed Virk had leaked. Shortly after his dismissal, Virk issued a statement and denied leaking proprietary information:

I believe that I did nothing wrong that would justify my termination and I categorically deny that I leaked any confidential or proprietary information. There is considerably more that I would like to say regarding my tenure with ESPN and the circumstances surrounding my termination. However, I believe for now that, for now, it is in my and the Company’s best interest to concentrate on attempting to resolve our differences, rather than engaging in a very public war of words.

Last week, it was announced that Virk would be joining Meadowlark Media, which is run by John Skipper and Dan Le Batard. Virk will begin working as a contributor for the outfit in July with his Cinephile podcast moving to their network.

WWE has yet to confirm Virk’s hiring or the changes to the Raw team. POST Wrestling has reached out to WWE and will update if they choose to respond to our request for confirmation.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

The silence when the “unmasking” happened was so funny. Madden was literally on commentary on Raw 😂

You can just imagine Brock sitting on his Laz-e-boy back at the farm, gasping, dropping his drink, and proclaiming "that's where the c**t went!"

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
9 minutes ago, forameus said:
You can just imagine Brock sitting on his Laz-e-boy back at the farm, gasping, dropping his drink, and proclaiming "that's where the c**t went!"

As if Brock has watched a single minute of WWE programming since last year's Wrestlemania. Lucky him.

It's hard to imagine Brock sitting down to watch anything, to be honest.