Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

To be fair, it shows what a shambles WWE have been in developing perfectly good talent that Goldberg is still the most credible threat to McIntyre outside of a Lesnar return or fighting Reigns.

It'll be a fun little match as long as it's not an embarrassing squash in Goldberg's favour.

As an aside when did they just start treating Big Show as an old man? (I'm not asserting Show should be even wrestling)  he seems to have went from main eventing to old man in a crowd figure. They could have used him to build a solid mid carder before they done that.

Guest bernardblack
Drew vs Goldberg then. If he loses the belt to him I might chuck it altogether.

Yup same here. His promo literally made no sense. The “no respect” angle??

With the "like wrestling my da" line, are they going for some kind of plucky aged underdog story with Goldberg?  I'll join in with the "If goldberg wins" chat, because if they do that, they may as well just give up.  I can only assume - and give them the benefit of the doubt - that they think they need a "big" (like anyone actually wants to see it) match for one of their bigger shows, and to give McIntyre a one-and-done before he goes on to face someone more important at Wrestlemania.  A quick five minute match like the really good Lesnar/Goldberg car crash would be fine.

But of course, with WWE there's always the chance that they want Big Granda Bill to have the title going into WM.  If they do that, they've lost the fucking plot.

I’m pretty sure Goldberg only signed a 3 match contract last year, and this would be the 3rd. The hope would be he’d disappear afterwards but they were still teasing the match between him and Roman only a few weeks ago.

Just watched WWE's clip of the segment.  It's painting Drew worryingly as the bad guy in this, just not really a face move.  Unless they'll still have him win and turn heel or something.  The push was also laughably bad, leaving big Drew on his arse and then giving a proper footballers haud me back header.

I've also seen the Hulk Hogan opening vignette.  Jesus fucking Christ.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

This assumes that there actually is one

Of course there was a plan.  But that was Tuesday afternoon's plan.  We're several plans beyond that now.

I think WWE probably had a very definite plan for the run in to Mania. And it's seemed like a while as if Goldberg was part of that plan.

I reckon they've changed it in a big way though. I can imagine that Goldberg in more regularly to "boost ratings" might have happened seeing as the USA Network aren't happy with how things are going, and WWE more often than not just throw legends out there to solve things instead of trying to do something interesting with what they've got.

After hearing Orton's interactions with the 'legends', it seems that they're going to do a thing where he goads them in to fighting but because they're all so old they can't so Edge will return to do it for them.

Or some such pish. 

Guest bernardblack
He (should) make the Rumble still I think? But it really does depend how bad he has it.

My first thought too. Should be fine if he’s symptomless?