Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

The 'Here's a big sword it means a lot to you because you're Scottish and I'm Irish' trope should have been punted straight in the bin by Drew and Sheamus.

Shortbread tin pish. Suppose that the 'Ma grandpappy was from Glass Cow' mob will lap it up though. 

Guest bernardblack
I’m glad he’s got it back but I was hoping they’d wait until there were fans in.

Assumed they would wait too.

Horrible feeling he will just drop it back to Orton after survivor series

The 'Here's a big sword it means a lot to you because you're Scottish and I'm Irish' trope should have been punted straight in the bin by Drew and Sheamus.
Shortbread tin pish. Suppose that the 'Ma grandpappy was from Glass Cow' mob will lap it up though. 

It’s not just any sword...

IMG_5117.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Lana just pinned Shayna Baszler. What?

Asuka hit a running knee whilst Baszler was choking out Lana and that's what put her down for the 3 count. They are trying to ruin Shayna it seems

Folk said this about Asuka losing to Carmella on multiple occasions and she probably ties with Bayley for the best 2019-20 of any woman. There'll be plenty of wobbles but also mind that Shayna tapped out both Sasha and Bayley for the titles.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Folk said this about Asuka losing to Carmella on multiple occasions and she probably ties with Bayley for the best 2019-20 of any woman. There'll be plenty of wobbles but also mind that Shayna tapped out both Sasha and Bayley for the titles.

Bayley had a lengthy title reign defending at pretty much every PPV with a story. Only story Asuka has had since being given the title was against Bayley/Banks. She's done nothing else of note over the last few years. 

1 hour ago, CEMSFC said:

Bayley had a lengthy title reign defending at pretty much every PPV with a story. Only story Asuka has had since being given the title was against Bayley/Banks. She's done nothing else of note over the last few years. 

She had the best women's tag title run by a country mile with Kairi Sane for, she won MITB, was the only one IIRC to take a notable W over Lynch on her run to Mania and tapped out Charlotte in June.

9 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

That's Shayna been pinned 3 weeks in a row. Surely WWE see more worth in her over Nia? 

She'll get there eventually. It always takes NXT folk ages to get to get to top spots. Even after beating Cena clean twice, Owens had to spend ages in the midcard.

Probably some misguided paying dues thing. 

She'll get there eventually. It always takes NXT folk ages to get to get to top spots. Even after beating Cena clean twice, Owens had to spend ages in the midcard.
Probably some misguided paying dues thing. 

I’ve thought before that Vince has to bury every call-up for a while to see how they react to it. It took Asuka (after a strongish start), Becky Lynch, and Bayley a bit of time being made to look like shit before they were considered as the stars of their division.

Guest bernardblack
That's Shayna been pinned 3 weeks in a row. Surely WWE see more worth in her over Nia? 

On the Keith Lee 24 doc, Shayna sees him and says something along the lines of “man it’s good to see a friend”

Maybe she’s having trouble/hear backstage

I'm not sure I'd trust anyone with "spoilers" this far away even in a normal year, let alone one where they'll surely be absolutely desperate to have fans back but still might not.

Of those three, only one seems like it'll happen and that's Edge Orton.  They had two matches and likely would've had a third if Edge's arm hadn't fallen off.  I expect they'd want a 3rd, particularly at WM, but if it's not in front of a crowd?  Don't see the point.  And that's going to be the problem with a lot of matches they'd like to put on.  

Think they could go a few ways with the big matches.  Once the Royal Rumble is out of the way it should look a bit clearer.  Big E seems to have been completely cooled off, and now talk of Daniel Bryan finally winning it to go up against Reigns.  Lesnar potentially coming back opens up two stories too - either going back up against McIntyre in a rematch, or the Paul Heyman on a Pole match with Reigns.  The latter would be something I'd love to see in front of a hot crowd with Reigns' new character.  Their WM31 match is underrated, and I think they'd go out and kick seven shades of shit out of each other.

Get Goldberg to f**k though.  Seriously.  It would be such a waste of the Reigns character to have him either win or lose to Goldberg.  He'd gain f**k all by winning, and losing would render the only good thing WWE have done in a while completely pointless.  So all in all, sounds exactly what they'd like to do.

RAW’s just done its worst rating of all time. Something drastic needs changing. None of their ideas this year (Thunderdome, Retribution, Underground) etc have worked at all. There’s always at least a good match and some decent segments, but it’s just such a slog.