Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Aye, feel like the NXT guys should’ve been saved for a hotter market, because the reactions make such a difference to how they’re perceived by folk that haven’t seen them before. 

Mind how much of a superstar Noam Dar felt in Glasgow? 

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Balor was back to cheesy lines and big smiles in the clip I saw.

That shit is horrendous for anyone. You can see just how forced and unnatural it is and the crowd pick up on that stuff quickly. Every single time they've tried to give someone the gimmick of 'smiling and cheesy lines' it's failed.

Surely just for the week given that two of them are current champions?

I really like Balor, and his smile makes it seem like he's genuinely enjoying himself when he's in the ring, which is great, but he also has the kind of face that is ideal for a smug heel - if he was being a dick and still smiling like that, you'd be desperate to see someone slap the cheesy grin right off his face.

It's such a waste.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I really like Balor, and his smile makes it seem like he's genuinely enjoying himself when he's in the ring, which is great, but he also has the kind of face that is ideal for a smug heel - if he was being a dick and still smiling like that, you'd be desperate to see someone slap the cheesy grin right off his face.

It's such a waste.

Nah the smile seems so forced that it looks like it almost hurts at times.

I just remembered that in the clip I saw he started off with promo with "Oh boy does it feel good". It was so false as it's just clearly not the way he would ever speak (would anyone speak like that actually?).

Agree that he'd be a great heel.

Obviously a horrendous thing that Reigns is going through. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. It could be the best thing for his professional career in a warped sense as the fans will be fully behind him whatever direction WWE takes with him when he returns and Vince will get the man he wants to reign (Pardon the pun) at the top for a very long time.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Obviously a horrendous thing that Reigns is going through. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. It could be the best thing for his professional career in a warped sense as the fans will be fully behind him whatever direction WWE takes with him when he returns and Vince will get the man he wants to reign (Pardon the pun) at the top for a very long time.

They'll probably turn him heel.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

There seems to be growing chat of people "just asking questions" on the subject of this whole thing being a work.  

I mean...Jesus fucking Christ.

On one hand, it's ridiculous that people are even considering that.

On the other, I find that I wouldn't actually be that surprised given some of the pish they've come away with before.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

On one hand, it's ridiculous that people are even considering that.

On the other, I find that I wouldn't actually be that surprised given some of the pish they've come away with before.

While they've gotten away with stuff about as bad, I just think they'd be absolutely suicidal to do something like this.  It's not so much that people are thinking it.  I can have it cross my mind and think that it would be quite the work, but discount it.  But certain people are getting really, reeeeeally pissy when people call them out on it.  Seem to genuinely not see that suggesting a guy's tragic second bout of leukemia is just a work is more than a little unsavoury.  Is people's hate for either Roman himself, or the way he's been built as a character, so deep that they're willing to jump to that?

Almost makes me hope more and more that he's coming back now to main event WM.

Yeah I agree. I still have enough faith in them that they wouldn't stoop that low, but there is still that niggling doubt.

In terms of the reactions, I suspect it's just the way WWE have seemed desperate to push him in any possible way, and that sort of seed being planted can grow very quickly. Of course there are also people who will just believe anything - there are still people who claim the Montreal Screwjob was a work!

I think it will be good news/bad news with Reigns.

The good news will be that he's beaten the illness again.

The bad news is that Reigns will soon back at the top of the card in boring matches being pushed as the top guy.

I don’t even think he’ll say he’s coming back yet might be wrong. It’s probably along the lines of saying Reigns is appearing to get a ratings spike for raw this week for him to appear and say “treatments going well something something big dog something something I hope to be back in few weeks/months.”