TNA General

• 4 months later...

Might have to add Impact back into my record list of programmes - I used to watch it every week when they had broken Matt Hardy, Galloway, Grado etc as they had people to hold my interest, but its been a couple of years since I last watched, as it went down hill I thought when they lost Roode, young, EC3 etc to NXT.

This tie up with AEW could be interested so might give it a watch

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I've just realised that I can watch Hard to Kill via my Premier Sports subscription that I keep forgetting to cancel.

I don't think I've watched any TNA/Impact since the days of Hogan and Bischoff, so I'm looking forward to it.

It’s a solid looking card, though it’s a wee bit jarring watching Impact as they don’t put in crowd noise like WWE or AEW. 

16 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s a solid looking card, though it’s a wee bit jarring watching Impact as they don’t put in crowd noise like WWE or AEW. 

Yep, shades of the performance centre WWE shows.

Myers vs Josh Alexander was a very decent match for a pre-show.

Really, really good main event. Apparently a pretty good overall show too. I’m not a big fan of Matt Striker but he’s an upgrade on Matthews certainly.

No angle of sorts at the end of the show so not really clear where they go next with the AEW thing. Moose should be involved though.

7 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Really, really good main event. Apparently a pretty good overall show too. I’m not a big fan of Matt Striker but he’s an upgrade on Matthews certainly.

No angle of sorts at the end of the show so not really clear where they go next with the AEW thing. Moose should be involved though.

I really enjoyed it. Striker and Brown were obviously well aware that they had a lot of new viewers, so they made sure to put everyone over. Striker would do well to know when to keep quiet sometimes, but at least he's enthusiastic about what he's watching.

I thought Moose ended up looking like Impact's biggest star. It's surprising that he has never had a a shot a a higher level.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Impact are coming to Glasgow in October. I can't say I've watched any of their stuff for a long time, but I hear that they are mostly decent these days.

That’ll be a good show, think they’ll do well. Real changed days fron them putting thousands in Braehead/The Hydro though 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2023 at 20:04, FairWeatherFan said:

I'd never heard of those English venues. Coventry feels the strangest choice unless they were running the Skydome.

The Newcastle one is where NCL North Wrestling run their shows out of.

I've seen the Cultaholic guys mention that promotion a few times as they go fairly often since it's right there in same city.

• 2 months later...

Impact are probably the best 'indy' group around right now. Bubbah Ray's haircut a side, it's a fucking mystery how he was never given a go as a top heel in WWE. Considerably better than the likes of JBL or even AEW could benefit from the likes of him. When WWE rewound the clock and brought back the Dudleyz, the end goal should have been giving him a run rather than let them fritter away into being a damp squib.

He's truly the c***s c**t.