TNA General

• 2 months later...

Impact Wrestling Homecoming:

I've grown up with Ultimate X matches so this was a welcome return to Impact Wrestling for me. Seriously fun opener. I've never taken to Rich Swann, something always felt a bit off about him. But obviously he's super talented and is perfect for X Division.

Eddie Edwards vs Moose in a Falls Count Anywhere was good. My complaint with this would be the productions team. They took far to long to switch to the cameraman following the action in the crowd. There must have been 30-40 seconds of the hardcam staring at nothing whilst the crowd were freaking out over whatever was going on in amongst them.

Sami Callahan vs Willie Mack was also decent. Always impressed by Mack and he was made to look superb here.

Video package for Eli Drake vs Abyss was great imo. I don't watch Impact anymore really, is Abyss only doing Monster's Ball matches at this point? Despite how slow and pish Abyss is, the crowd still love him in these matches. Annoyingly this was reasonably well worked and had a few great spots. Eli Drake letting out a "JESUS CHRIST, HOLY SHIT" after going into tacks was a major highlight for me :lol:. Good luck to Eli Drake in his quest to end hardcore wrestling.

LAX vs Pentagon & Fenix for the tag titles. Holy shit this was outstanding for however long it lasted (10 mins maybe). LAX are one of the best teams around today and you are guaranteed all out action whenever Pentagon & Fenix are involved. I'd love for them to run this one back at some point.

Where to even begin with Tessa Blanchard vs Taya Valkyrie.... This was all over the place. Started off slow and methodical. Picked up some momentum and really got going only to be completely ruined by some of the ugliest ref spots of recent memory. Somehow went on to regain some momentum before closing out with more ref spots. Disappointing to say the least. Shame as there's definitely talent there, booking ruined this. Are they trying to get Gail Kim back out of retirement already??

Time for the main event of the evening between Johnny Impact and Brian Cage. This was a very good back and forth match. Some spots weren't as slick as usual but you can forgive that in a 20+ minute match. Crowd were hot for both guys here which helped. 

Overall I enjoyed this show. There was also a women's tag match towards the start of the show which I didn't bother watching so have no idea if that's any good or not. I recommend this show, give it a try you might have fun. 

• 1 month later...

I've been watching a few episodes of TNA recently and I thought it's been alright, feels cheap as hell but at least it makes sense, which is more than caan be said for when Dixie Carter was involved.

40 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

They're in a strange place right now. They have a bit of cash behind them for the first time in years, but are maybe the #5 or #6 promotion in North America now. They still have a very talented roster.

Interesting take, how would you rank the main promotions behind WWE. Does AEW go 2nd in hype alone? ROH is defo better, is it bigger? LU? MLW? Intriguing debate to be had on them. Not trolling or anything here, just interested.

Interesting take, how would you rank the main promotions behind WWE. Does AEW go 2nd in hype alone? ROH is defo better, is it bigger? LU? MLW? Intriguing debate to be had on them. Not trolling or anything here, just interested.
I know AEW are still pretty much a T-shirt company right now, but I would currently go WWE, AEW, ROH, MLW then Impact. I would have put Lucha Underground above Impact, but I'm not sure if they're still a thing anymore.

11 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
26 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I know AEW are still pretty much a T-shirt company right now, but I would currently go WWE, AEW, ROH, MLW then Impact. I would have put Lucha Underground above Impact, but I'm not sure if they're still a thing anymore.

They are still a thing in as much as they are being absolute dicks regarding wrestlers contracts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/2019/2/6/18214942/lawsuits-allege-lucha-underground-illegally-restricting-contracted-wrestlers-from-working

Tara vs Tessa was actually a very good match, seriously enjoyed it.

The 4 way seemed seriously short and is just building for Impact vs Cage.