What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Godfather :D

First time I have watched it in ages, without falling asleep due to the daft times they put good movies on telly.

You know something, I slagged it a bit the other day, said it was only on prelude to the far superior Godfather II. I did it a bit of dis-service to be honest. It stands up as a fantastic film on its own.

What you have to remember is the studio didn't want Pacino in the role of Michael. They wanted a more established actor. Coppolla stood firm though and got his man, thank f'k, he really does steal the film.

Two points though -

That must have been some punch Captain McCluskey hit Michael. It saw him courting and marrying, Apollonia. Never noticed that before. :unsure:

Italian movies and cooking. Got to love it. They all feature it, dont they? Clemenza making that meal has always stuck out in that movie for me. :D

Edited by bairnagain

Took my son to see Cars. Between him and my wife the pick n mix came to over thirteen quid :lol:

I wasn`t expecting to like it but I thought it was quite good. The young `un spent a fair bit of time talking loudly through it and climbing over seats. He did quite well to sit through most of it. Thankfully we were about the only folks in the cinema.

Id give it 6/10

Sideways

i've been wanting to see this for ages. It won awards and got rave reviews both from friends and in the media, so my expectations were high, but, to be honest, although it was an 'okay' film, I couldn't help but be disappointed. There were fewer laugh out loud moments than I was lead to believe --and despite great performances from the leads, their characters were thinnly sketched and difficult to feel any empathy with.

This kind of subtle, semi-humorous, slow burn, middle age crisis kind of film has been done loads of times before, often better, but never garnering the plaudits that Sideways did. That said, it is decent and worth a watch.

6/10

Gonna watch Sin City again tonight B)

F*cking love it!

thought that was 1 of the worst films I've ever seen, only v for vandetta was shitier than it

watched city of god again tonight, quality 10/10

Edited by tonland

Harold and Kumar: Get The Munchies

1/10 :blink:

SO its not Harold and Kumar go to White Castle in teh UK then?

I watched Annapolis yesterday. Film about Naval training base in the US. Typical army training film with bad evil drill sargeants picking on people and making them into great sailors in the end. Enjoyable film to watch nevertheless. 7/10

Its shot in a kind of documentary styke, and it tries to convey the depths and complexity of a proper intricate drug bust. However its shit. Very little dialogue, and they try to be far too clever. Coming from the person that delivered a film as amazing as Heat, its utter dribble. Colin Farrell can not act. Not at any time you don't giev a flying f**k if either Crockett or Tubbs gets wasted. In fact you hope they do, for sitting through that boring shite.

However if you like fast cars, and explosions you`ll probably love it.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I watched 24 Hour Party People last night. It was rather enjoyable. I thought John Simm made an excellent Bernard Sumner whilst the Happy Mondays' actors were superb.

I'll give it an 8/10 with a glowing endorsement. Well done chaps :)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Starts off reasonably good when the zombies begin to take over the city and there are parts of the film that brim with tension, but its fucking rotten other than that. Fucking dire plot and nonsense storyline coupled with one of the most appalling endings I think I've seen a film since Godsend. It was half a zombie film, half a martial arts film. utter, utter waash.

3/10

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean on saturday - not as bad as I expected it to be given the reviews. Doesn't look like Johnny will be in the 3rd one much though....

7/10

Also started watching Scarface last night. Fell asleep as Tony Montana was getting arrested. Some quality 80s danicng in it - I doubt that's what should be my highlight though!

Guest doonhamerexile

I watched 'Dead Man's Shoes' last night on Film4.

It was feckin excellent! I was totally glued to it.

I recommend everyone to watch it. B)

Cheyne Stoking ;)

Edited by doonhamerexile

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Miami Vice on Saturday - it was so bad, i walked out with 45 minutes to go, it was on a par with Waterworld in the badness stakes.

Theres a general rule amongst cinema goers and that is, if the film has Colin Farrell in it then theres a more than decent chance that the film will be absolutely gash :)

Just a little advice for the future ;)

Stay Alive

Absolutely dreadful film with Frankie Muniz and some guy in Saving Private Ryan. Its about a computer game which kills the person playing the game in the way they died in the game. I truly is awful though

Saw The Van last night as well, the Roddy Doyle one, which is a good film

Stay Alive - 1/10

The Van - 7/10