What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Hampden Ton

Saw (9/10) & Saw 2 (8/10)

I'd always put off watching these films as I was worried I'd be really disappointed by them.

How wrong I was!

Saw

This has to be one of the best films I've seen in recent years. An excellent slice (no pun intended!) of psychological horror with surprisingly minimal gore. The tension gets steadily turned up notch by notch and the climax is outstanding. Excellent acting, especially from both Danny Glover and Cary Elwes (one of the most under-rated actors around) and the supporting cast. A film not to be missed.

Saw 2

Thankfully, not a rehash of the first film, but a similar premise. The body count is higher, more gore than the first (though, not much more) and the scene with the syringes is very disturbing. Again, the tension is increased bit by bit, the ending is good (though not as good as the first, but that takes some beating!), but the acting isn't quite as good as Saw. Overall, Saw 2 is a good film and definitely worth viewing.

Saw 3 is currently in production. I hope they keep up the good work.

The Break-Up.

ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH. Totally uncomfortable viewing - not an enjoyable film to watch at all, especially if you've been through something like it before.

2/10, 2 points only given because you see Jennifer Aniston's (blurred) bum, and Vince Vaughan is funny as usual in it.

Guest Mr McD

Under Siege on BBC 1. It was suprisingly good for a Steven Segal movie. Tommy Lee Jones made the movie in my opinion. 7/10

Edited by Mr McD

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Under Siege on BBC 1. It was suprisingly good for a Steven Segal movie. Tommy Lee Jones made the movie in my opinion. 7/10

Nonsense, everyboy knows that Seagal is god B) .

It's all in the hand speed :)

I watched it last night for about the....ooh 43rd time or so. My favourite part of the movie is when Erika Eleniak (or whatever she's called) jumps out of the cake. It's amazing how she falls asleep through gun fire but wakes up when she's giving a gentle nudge.

I watched it last night for about the....ooh 43rd time or so. My favourite part of the movie is when Erika Eleniak (or whatever she's called) jumps out of the cake. It's amazing how she falls asleep through gun fire but wakes up when she's giving a gentle nudge.

Loved her in Baywatch - great actress ;);)

10110981a~erika-eleniak-posters.jpg

Edited by Biscuits

Im waiting for whoever has the boring Seagal alias to see the comment :lol:

*Whisper* It's always nice to know I have a fan. Would you like to join my Dojo?

Has anyone seen the new Superman one? It's been getting mixed reviews and want to know if its worth a trip out to Linwood for.

Not been to the Sinama since the World Cup so a bit out of the know right now. :)

Has anyone seen the new Superman one? It's been getting mixed reviews and want to know if its worth a trip out to Linwood for.

Not been to the Sinama since the World Cup so a bit out of the know right now. :)

Is anything worth a trip to Linwood? :P

I went to see it last night, I really enjoyed it. It's obviously popcorn blockbuster nonsense, but the kind it's easy to get lost in. It's quite uncanny how Brandon Routhe looks like Christopher Reeves, especially in the Clark Kent mode, but he plays the part well. Kevin Spacey is brilliant as well, much darker and less comical than Gene Hackman ever was, but still delivers the deadpan humour pretty well. Also liked the use of the music from the original films, they weren't scared to tie it in with them, it's very much a continuation of those movies.

The climax could maybe have been better, but that's a fairly minor gripe. Overall I'd give it 8/10 :D