What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Spoilt for choice this weekend. Just bought :-

The Godfather

The Godfather II

The Godfather III (they should take it out and only sell the first two cheaper <_< )

Once Upon A Time In America

The Untouchables

Goodfellas

Oh, and Twelve Monkeys. :D

You think your a gangsta do you :lol: where do you sit, post your seat number now. You should have said, i've got 2 dvd's of Twelve monkeys, you could of had one if you wanted, anybody else want it ???

Edited by clyde til we die

I only went in to get out of the heat as well. I knew Virgin had good air conditioning. I saw Fight Club for £2.99, and thought, I'll have some of that, bought what I did, well I did have my tattoo money in my pocket, and came home.

I forot to buy Fight Club as well. :lol:

I've never seen fight club, is it any good :unsure:

Guest Cheyne Stoking

Dead Man's Shoes.

Seen it 2-4 times before but watched it again last night, Paddy Considine is superb in it, he co-wrote the screenplay too

7.5/10

Never talk about Fight Club, should have mentioned that. ;)

Oh, I watched The Untouchables, for those that think Braveheart is historically innaccurate, you aint seen nothing compared to this! :lol:

Great film though. :D

Sean Connery and the wee specky guy play great parts in that.

Rips off a scene from a film made 70 years earlier though B)

Yeah, the kid going down the stairs. ;)

The only accurate things about the film, Al Capone did get arrested for tax evasion, Elliott Ness was involved somehow in his arrest, it was in Chicago and it was during prohibition.

I mean arresting gangsters on horseback on the Canadian border and throwing people of the court roof, FFS! Mind you, at least they had a bridge at the Canadian border, obviously not shot in Stirling then! :rolleyes:

Final Destination 3 - 4/10 - it is only tenuously linked to the first two films and the 2nd film completed the "circle". The deaths were just "blink and you'll miss it" moments, unlike like FD2 which made me wince in places. Also changed the rules slightly but then sequels always do that.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - 8/10 - loved it! Bit over-long though (I sure they could have trimmed 30 minutes from it and it'd still have been a cracking film). Reminded me of Monkey Island quite a bit, which isn't a bad thing (I had my fingers crossed that Murray the demonic skull might appear). I went with the missus and she didn't enjoy it - but she did manage to sleep for half and hour of it :rolleyes: . Afterwards she said she didn't think the special effects were good (sorry, but WTF?) and she didn't understand Jack's change of heart at the end, which I thought it really obvious!

Hard Candy - 8/10 - quite an un-nerving film. The concept is far fetched but the lassie acts it well. (Despite playing a 14 year old, the actress is actually 18.)

Guest SteelEdge

Superman Returns 9.5/10

I'm very surprised by the reviews above as I absolutely loved this movie! For any Superman fans out there who grew up with Christopher Reeve as the Man of Steel, this is a welcome addition to the franchise. This film is superb from start to finish. I felt like a 5 year old kid again as soon as the John Williams theme began! The action sequences are excellent, particularly the plane sequence, and the 2 and a half hours flys (no pun intended!) by. I would warn parents though as young kids may be disturbed by the violence towards the end (when Superman confronts Luthor and his henchmen).

Brandon Routh is an excellent choice as Superman (he's eerily similar to Reeve - looks and sounds like him, but his Clark Kent isn't quite there yet) and Spacey excels as Lex Luthor (making more out of the Evil in 'Evil Genius'). I think too many people know Lois Lane as either Margot Kidder or Teri Hatcher, and whilst both did a good job, Kate Bosworth does justice to her own adaptation (remember, this is Lois Lane as a mother, bitter over Superman's disappearance and who has rightly moved on). The rest of the cast does a good job (but I have to admit that I didn't like Parker Posey!) and the nods to the original film are very welcome.

Roll on Superman Returns 2!

P.S. The movie is set after Superman 2 and ignores 3 & 4. Although missing out 4 is no bad thing, missing out the evil Superman story from 3 - especially the junkyard fight - is a shame! "You always wanted to fly Kent. Now's your chance!"

I'd agree with that. I went to see Superman Returns last Friday and thought it was absolutely tremendous. 9.5/10 for me too.

I have finally got around to watching Kill Bill V2.

Jesus Christ, this scene with her getting buried alive is disturbing as f*ck.

Flightplan

Utter pap, fell asleep half way through and still worked out what was happening 4/10

The Lost Boys

Excellent 8/10

Currently watching Lethal Weapon, again excellent 8/10

Oldboy 9/10, korean film. one of the best films i have seen.

A man is kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years by unknown kidnappers, he is released and meets up with a nice bird, the kidnappers then contact him and tell him he has 5 days to find out why he was abducted, if he fails his new bit of stuff will be killed, if he succeeds the kidnapper will top himself, excellent plot twist.

In Cinema:

The Break Up-4/10.Distinctly average.

At home:

Schindler's List-9/10. One of my favourite all time movies,very powerful and very moving,showing how brutal the Nazis really were.Liam Neeson is superb as Oscar Schindler as well.

Oldboy 9/10, korean film. one of the best films i have seen.

A man is kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years by unknown kidnappers, he is released and meets up with a nice bird, the kidnappers then contact him and tell him he has 5 days to find out why he was abducted, if he fails his new bit of stuff will be killed, if he succeeds the kidnapper will top himself, excellent plot twist.

That is one fucked up film! Brilliant though......

(but I have to admit that I didn't like Parker Posey!)

Wash your mouth out! :lol:

I just watched The Virgin Suicides 8/10

I can't really sum up my feelings in words, the title gives a pretty clear indication that it's not a teen comedy or action thriller. I did love it though.

Next up is Akira on my PSP.

Watched Match Point yesterday :)

Scarlett Johanson (mmmmmmmmmm) was as good looking as ever, Ewen Bremner and James Nesbitt had great small roles, otherwise the film was a bit predictable, and not my favourite kind of movie at all.

6/10