What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I never felt there were parts of Insidious that seemed notably shit to me. When you say the reveal of the baddie, do you mean

the old lady in the photos? Because I'd totally disagree. I thought she looked seriously creepy and the idea behind her was also quite unnerving. If you meant the reveal of the red demon then I probably would agree he is quite underwhelming in the end.

Nah I'm talking about the guy with the red face, the old woman was scary.

Tarantino's films are definitely style over substance - Jackie Brown apart - which therefore makes that his finest hour. I struggle to sit through Pulp Fiction now and Django was a major letdown. Death Proof is saved buy an awesome soundtrack.

Tarantino's films are definitely style over substance - Jackie Brown apart - which therefore makes that his finest hour. I struggle to sit through Pulp Fiction now and Django was a major letdown. Death Proof is saved buy an awesome soundtrack.

The only good thing about death proof was the eye candy for me, but even that couldn't save it. I agree his films are style over substance but they generally are quite entertaining. I tend to look at them more as pieces of entertainment than as properly scripted films with a proper story.

Basically add some gratuitous violence, some funny lines, some interesting characters, good visuals and a good soundtrack and you have got a Tarantino film.

Lords of Salem is Rob Zombies latest, yeah? Hoping that's good as loved pretty much everything he's done with a special soft spot for 1000 corpses.

Regarding horrors, thought Chernobyl Diaries was a decent enough trashy horror watch. Not great, but not as bad as it was panned out to be. Sinister was the biggest pile of rubbish I've seen at the cinema for quite some time though. Insidious was very meh for me, and had became the standard type of horror film that seems to be getting produced these days.

Last horror I actually enjoyed was Case 39 (I think that's what it's called). Had a nice wee twist which caught me off guard when I was expecting it to be terrible.

I'm looking at what I haven't watched yet this year, and what's still to come. I can't wait to get my hands on or go and see...

Gangster Squad

Star Trek Into Darkness

Now You See It

The World's End

Broken City

This Is the End

Monsters University

The Lone Ranger

Kick-Ass 2

Paranoia

Prisoners

That's just a few as well. I need to get to the cinema more. I've just kinda fallen out of that habit a bit.

Have to say im really not fussed for the Lone Ranger, probably would be if Depp was in the lead role

Mama was pretty terrible, massive plot holes and cliches aside (hmm il go alone to that secluded house at night...) the "monster" wasn't that scary. The freakiest part of the film was near the start when they find the kids

The only good thing about death proof was the eye candy for me, but even that couldn't save it. I agree his films are style over substance but they generally are quite entertaining. I tend to look at them more as pieces of entertainment than as properly scripted films with a proper story.

Basically add some gratuitous violence, some funny lines, some interesting characters, good visuals and a good soundtrack and you have got a Tarantino film.

Kurt Russell was absolutely excellent in Death Proof.

Have to say im really not fussed for the Lone Ranger, probably would be if Depp was in the lead role

Mama was pretty terrible, massive plot holes and cliches aside (hmm il go alone to that secluded house at night...) the "monster" wasn't that scary. The freakiest part of the film was near the start when they find the kids

From the stuff I have seen from Lone Ranger. Depp pretty much is the lead role (despite not playing the ranger)

Kurt Russell is a legend. Escape from LA/New York, tombstone, big trouble in little china etc etc. Braw :D

I think I've only seen New York out of the Escapes.

Bearded Kurt is best Kurt.

52184.jpg

edit: those sentences should be separate, Escape from New York and bearded Kurt are not directly related.

Edited by forehead7

WWZ 6/10

anyone still to see this, then give the 3D a miss, there's maybe 5 mins in the whole film where its justified, whilst the rest of the movie its a pain in the arse

True. I could barely see a thing in the dark scenes when they were at the apartment block or the air base. Completely pointless.

Edited by D.V.T.

Couple of good docs last night.

Capturing the Friedmans is a good documentary. 9/10

And the Flaming Lips doc - Fearless Freaks. One of the best music docs i've seen, even though I'm not a big fan. Similar to the Devil & Daniel Johnston in that i don't think you have to be a huge fan to appreciate it.

10/10

Edited by Christophe

Anyway, put me in the doc mood so got End of the Century, the Ramones one and that one about Kasparov v Deep Blue lined up for tonight when i get back from Despicable Me 2.

Edited by Christophe

How on earth did I miss out the thing there. Tremendous film.

Agreed. Now that was a proper horror film

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app