What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Shawshank Redemption, finally decided to watch this and I wasn't disappointed. Tremendous story, and the casting was superb and brought the film to life. The side characters were strong as well to the main duo. Brookes was played tremendously as was the wardens who were easy to hate.

The perfect blockbuster, enough smaltz and emotion, to go along with the building of the story.

Morgan freeman makes it though.

10/10

I think he did it...

Behind The Candelabra.
Two hours of bling bling as the miserably extravagant story of Liberace is told to camera. A comedy with apparent tragic undertones, but the latter are rendered meaningless as the lifestyle of the two leads is so overblown. Features Michael Douglas in the lead role, in what must be his best outing in years, while Matt Damon sighs about in his company while occasionally hanging out the back of him. Dan Ackroyd does a fine (if brief) turn as Liberace's exasperated manager, but the show was stolen by Rob Lowe who put in a spectacularly sleazy take on the pianists plastic surgeon.
The budget for this was $23 million. There are individual scenes that look so gaudy they must have cost a quarter of that. Such is the quality of make up and prosthetic hooters etc. in use in the production it's difficult to pinpoint the exact moment at which Matt Damon turns into a fat Gordon Ramsay, but he does, reverting to his own appearance only for the closing scenes, while the scene where Douglas is seen without wig makes you appreciate the effort the hairpiece squad were making.
4/5, with a full mark just for Rob Lowe.

I just watched this tonight. I didn't know much about Liberace before but I checked out a few clips on YouTube and Douglas had him to a tee. I doubt if he payed piano on it himself though. And yeah, Rob Lowe stole the show with his sleazy plastic surgeon. I thought it was funny as f**k that Liberace couldn't even close his eyes after his latest operation.

I went to see Behind the Candelabra last night, I thought it was good. Douglas and Damon were both excellent. I'll be honest, I never expected to see a film featuring Matt Damon doing Michael Douglas up the arse but there you go :o

Rob Lowe was brilliant :lol:

Watched The Great Gatsby, Man on the Moon and Kill Bill Vol. II (most of it. Gave in with 40 minutes to go due to tiredness).

Gatsby was good but it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. MotM was all right. Boring at parts though, but remarkable that it's a true story. Kill Bill Vol. II so far is incredible, as expected. Need to go back to my mates to wstch the rest.

Finally saw Looking For Eric (the film where an imaginary Eric Cantona sorts this bloke's life out) and didn't disappoint at all.

The story was both gripping and rather sad, but I don't remember laughing like that at a film for a long time. The self-help bit at the start and the ending were hysterical. :lol:

I tried watching A View To A Kill yesterday. Thought I'd seen every one. Dr No, all the Bonds but it turned out I hadn't and that was fucking dull and I love Bond. Grace Jones and Walken? f**k off. Great Bond theme though. Duran

5/10

Edited by Christophe

I tried watching A View To A Kill yesterday. Thought I'd seen every one. Dr No, all the Bonds but it turned out I hadn't and that was fucking dull and I love Bond. Grace Jones and Walken? f**k off. Great Bond theme though. Duran

5/10

Thats got probably the worst shoe-horning of a movie name into the dialogue I've ever heard.

The Purge ( 2013 )

This, however, has no redeeming factors. A dumb as f**k premise, but I was willing to forgive that because it had potential for a good horror movie. This wasn't a good movie though. No tension, with Ethan Hawke's well meaning dad being the only likeable guy in there. The main arsehole of the piece appears to be this movie's attempt at Michael Pitt from the US version of Funny Games. Except this guy is clearly dumber than a box of rocks. Every twist is signposted and predictable and the whole movie is just generally a shower of shite. Avoid.

1/10

I'm afraid I pretty much agree with this. Dragged a mate to see it on Sunday night and it was thoroughly disappointing.

Man of Steel aka superman reboot. 4/10. Pretty guff tbh. The only redeeming features was the krypton scenes and the flash backs to young Clark. Cinema volume was too load during the fight scenes baa humbug.

Sent from my LT15i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Man of Steel aka superman reboot. 4/10. Pretty guff tbh. The only redeeming features was the krypton scenes and the flash backs to young Clark. Cinema volume was too load during the fight scenes baa humbug.

I was going to see that tomorrow night, might just wait for World War Z on Friday.

Each to their own. Iv heard some people say it's epic. Rating it against other recent superhero films I would say it falls short in terms of character and story. Special effects are top notch though.

Give it a shot. My only problem with it is when the big action comes along. It's a good movie. Although one guy saying they didn't like it is NEVER a good reason to give something a miss.

Re-watched "This Is Spinal Tap" - absolutely pant-pissingly funny. Maybe because it's so true to the type of behaviour of a lot of bands I saw in the NWOBHM era (That's right, Vardis, Witchfynde, Samson, Praying Mantis - I'm looking at you!). From the mini-stonehenge to the malfunctioning pod to the exploding drummers to the cucumber moment to the teenage-male friendly lyrics, you can almost forgive Liam Gallagher for believing it was a serious documentary...

Score? Has to be....

11/10.

Give it a shot. My only problem with it is when the big action comes along. It's a good movie. Although one guy saying they didn't like it is NEVER a good reason to give something a miss.

Aye thats what I was getting at. The first hour is quite good. Would have loved more time on krypton.

Just saw MOS looked visually great but let dowb by many plotholes and inconsistancies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app