What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Exactly, there is demmand for another film to be done and if they get it even half decent they could really clean up. As bad as they are the Guyver films are still a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, loved the anime but the films were more like power rangers than bio boosted armour. Tho give them the due I think most of the budget went on the suit would explain Mark Hamill and David Hayter in teh films

I don't actually mind when someone takes an interpretation and tries to do something different. My issue is when they take it the most harrowing direction ever.

It's probably something I could enjoy, but like most people my backlog of television seems to hold me back!

I don't actually mind when someone takes an interpretation and tries to do something different. My issue is when they take it the most harrowing direction ever.

It's probably something I could enjoy, but like most people my backlog of television seems to hold me back!

The original anime is only about 12 episodes long, the newer one is about 30 odd I think

The films are good for shits and giggles its Mutronics and Guyver Dark Hero, the trailers say it all lol

I really didn't like Django at all. It just did absolutely nothing for me. The ridiculous way that "nigger" was shoe-horned into almost every single sentence was tedious too.

I cant understand how you cant like it tbh, Tarantinos best film for years.

The time its set in and the subject matter meant "nigger" would be used a lot.

Great film, great characters, great humour, great soundtrack.

The first hour was great. After that it seemed to slow down and suffered for it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Behind The Candelabra.

Two hours of bling bling as the miserably extravagant story of Liberace is told to camera. A comedy with apparent tragic undertones, but the latter are rendered meaningless as the lifestyle of the two leads is so overblown. Features Michael Douglas in the lead role, in what must be his best outing in years, while Matt Damon sighs about in his company while occasionally hanging out the back of him. Dan Ackroyd does a fine (if brief) turn as Liberace's exasperated manager, but the show was stolen by Rob Lowe who put in a spectacularly sleazy take on the pianists plastic surgeon.

The budget for this was $23 million. There are individual scenes that look so gaudy they must have cost a quarter of that. Such is the quality of make up and prosthetic hooters etc. in use in the production it's difficult to pinpoint the exact moment at which Matt Damon turns into a fat Gordon Ramsay, but he does, reverting to his own appearance only for the closing scenes, while the scene where Douglas is seen without wig makes you appreciate the effort the hairpiece squad were making.

4/5, with a full mark just for Rob Lowe.

Lockout. Mike from Neighbours and Shannon from Lost fight prisoners in a space jail and escape safely. 2/10

I quite enjoyed the film due to the fact the main character seemed to take his inspiration for the role from sterling archer, made it pretty funny.

I quite enjoyed the film due to the fact the main character seemed to take his inspiration for the role from sterling archer, made it pretty funny.

I enjoyed it as well actually went to the pics to see it, was probably a 6.5/7 for me

Shawshank Redemption, finally decided to watch this and I wasn't disappointed. Tremendous story, and the casting was superb and brought the film to life. The side characters were strong as well to the main duo. Brookes was played tremendously as was the wardens who were easy to hate.

The perfect blockbuster, enough smaltz and emotion, to go along with the building of the story.

Morgan freeman makes it though.

10/10

Like Iron Man falling out of space at the end? You know, gravity and shit?

I don't know the physics but since there's a massive worm hole connecting it to Earth, that might cause unusual gravity to be present. Or Iron Man may have done something to give him initial force which would've carried him into the wormhole and through into Earth.

I don't know the physics but since there's a massive worm hole connecting it to Earth, that might cause unusual gravity to be present. Or Iron Man may have done something to give him initial force which would've carried him into the wormhole and through into Earth.

I like to think that the immense weight of Tony Stark's ego is what drags him back down to earth. :P

Gravity is one of the all time stupid things in movies. The number of times you see the laws of physics thrown out the window is incredible. Anyways, a couple of movies...

Man of Steel ( 2013 )

A movie with a lot more good than bad going for it. Strong performances across the board, even if Henry Cavill did come across a bit too "generic action hero" at times. I got invested in most of the characters though, which was also very good. The one big negative is massive though. For the big fight scenes, this movie was clearly a lot more interested in falling buildings and loud explosions than anything that any characters were doing. A lot of times, the battles were missed in favour of showing the damage they were causing. What made it even more distracting was that almost every time, there had to be glass smashing. Flying into buildings, smashing glass. That's what I took from the big battle scenes. It's a huge huge negative, and drags this movie down a great deal. Other than that, it's fun enough.

6/10

The Purge ( 2013 )

This, however, has no redeeming factors. A dumb as f**k premise, but I was willing to forgive that because it had potential for a good horror movie. This wasn't a good movie though. No tension, with Ethan Hawke's well meaning dad being the only likeable guy in there. The main arsehole of the piece appears to be this movie's attempt at Michael Pitt from the US version of Funny Games. Except this guy is clearly dumber than a box of rocks. Every twist is signposted and predictable and the whole movie is just generally a shower of shite. Avoid.

1/10

The Purge ( 2013 )

This, however, has no redeeming factors. A dumb as f**k premise, but I was willing to forgive that because it had potential for a good horror movie. This wasn't a good movie though. No tension, with Ethan Hawke's well meaning dad being the only likeable guy in there. The main arsehole of the piece appears to be this movie's attempt at Michael Pitt from the US version of Funny Games. Except this guy is clearly dumber than a box of rocks. Every twist is signposted and predictable and the whole movie is just generally a shower of shite. Avoid.

1/10

Aww man. It looked really good from the trailer. :thumbsdown

Seven Pounds

One of the worst films I can remember seeing in a long time; some people have told me they liked it but it didn't work at all for me. I really liked The Pursuit Of Happyness so I decided to check this out, and I was completely let down. I'm all for soppy and sentimental cinema, as long as the content is enjoyable, but I'm afraid this was super-heavy on the former and feather-light on the latter.

The plot is, in as many words, a "nice" story about a generous man. The film lacks technical ambition, depth, innovation and quality or class of any kind to the extent that it wasn't just disappointing or boring but noticeably the negative of what I consider to be good film making. It's poorly-written, overly-indulgent trash. There's something of a "twist" which was nothing close to rewarding, and the rest is predictable bullshit.

3/10

This is what I posted earlier in the thread. Needless to say that I may not be a fan...

Seven Pounds ( 2008 )

This is certainly two hours of my life gone. For most of the movie, we have no idea about the reasons for what is going on. So surely we'd need something to keep us going untill then, right ? Except this movie does nothing to interest the viewers. A shady love story and practically nothing else, which considering there's supposed to be seven lives changed, is shocking. Couldn't they find a suitable interesting story in seven characters ?

Anyone who can write a character that makes Will Smith look boring deserves to be pointed out. This was no fault of Smith, who brought his usual charm to the role, but I couldn't care less about him or the people he is trying to help. Lets add the fact that it feels like every scene of the first 45 minutes needs to end with someone crying. What an overdramatic load of w**k it feels like. When it gets less dramatic, it gets more boring and that makes things even worse.

The ending is too little too late, and even at that, it's really not very good.

Moral of the story ? Don't waste your time with this.

1/10

I must be the only person who really enjoyed seven pounds. I usually read reviews of films after I've watched them and expected it to get good ones, but it got absolutely slaughtered and I've not really ever heard anyone say good things about it.

I never really watch films I've watched already a second time, but if you asked me to name a top 20 films that I've already seen that I'd watch again then seven pounds would probably be on that list.

Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid

Hyped up to be one of Sam Peckinpah's best films, although I'd only seen one of them prior to this, I was expecting big things from this. There are plenty of positives, including the deep, dark Peckinpah realism he brings to his westerns - it almost makes Leone's West look glamorous - but although I loved that, it didn't completely work for me.

Firstly it's rather a slow-burner, not half due to scarce dialogue and random close-ups of Bob Dylan throughout, but it's not too drawn out and climaxes nicely at the end. Kris Kristofferson and James Coburn in the title roles are entertaining for different reasons- Kristofferson is not much of an actor but produces a bit of charm and makes the character of Billy the Kid his own. Coburn, on the other hand, gives one of his best performances I've seen as Pat Garrett. Bob Dylan seemed a bit pointless in his acting role, although his music is the life and soul of large parts of the film.

It will definitely work better for some people than others, and even though I thought the ending paid off I still consider myself a little underwhelmed. I won't rush to see it again but I recommend all film lovers give it a go.

6/10

The cabin in the woods a 2012 horror film about 5 friends who travel to a remote cabin in the woods where they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods while being observed via hidden cameras from some mysterious office workers. They arrive to find they are quite isolated with no means of communicating with the outside world. When the cellar door flings itself open, they of course go down to investigate. They find an odd assortment of relics and curios but when one of the women, Dana, reads from a book she awakens a family of deadly zombie killers.