What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I enjoyed the Avengers, simply because I didn't try and follow the plot. Tremendous if you watch it with a blank mind, which is easier for some I suppose

I also enjoy Fast and Furious films, possibly because I love cars. Although the gross misinterpretation of what a car can actually achieve annoys me

I just don't agree with you about the Amazing Spiderman being superior to the Raimi version. Garfield is a great actor but the direction they decided to go with his Peter Parker didn't work for me. Garfield's Peter Parker just came across as a moody little teenage brat while McGuire's interpretation really nailed the idea that he is a smart, nice guy who suddenly finds himself with more power than he could ever dream of and is struggling to work out how to juggle his powers and his ordinary life. Frankly in general, I have no significant problems with McGuire's performances in the first two Spiderman films.

The way they do the killing of Uncle Ben in the latest film doesn't work for me either. Plus, if your going to retell the Spiderman origins, you surely have to say the line "With great power comes great responsibility" and they never say it (at least in full) in The Amazing Spiderman.

The villain steadily devolves throughout the film, becoming yet another bland cgi monster with an even blander master plan. The Spiderman costume is pretty pish as well although I think I saw that they are changing that.

And I don't know about anyone else but I'm thoroughly uninterested in the intrigue they are trying to build up around the disappearance of Peter's parents in this new series of Spiderman films. I'll be amazed if they aren't working towards a reveal that Peter's parents were responsible for creating the radioactive spiders that turned Peter into Spiderman and there is a great big grand scheme in place.

I love Spiderman and in general, I've liked the majority of the cast in other things. I really hope that without having to rush to meet a deadline of Sony losing the rights to Spiderman that they'll be able to do something interesting in the sequel. But I really didn't enjoy The Amazing Spiderman and would much rather rewatch Raimi's first film again.

That's what Spider-man should be though. Although they didn't focus too much on his high school days in the Raimi ones, he's going through high school with all that stuff, he loses his parents and then the whole Spider-man stuff gets laid on him. He should be moody and shit! There was nowhere near enough of the geeky aspect or the smart ass quips in McGuire's Parker/Spider-man. Garfield got that part of the character spot on.

I thought it worked well in both instances. Raimi's was probably slightly better. That line doesn't bother me either, it shouldn't be about the line itself but more the message, which both Ben's projected well.

I'll agree with you, the Lizard wasn't great. I thought the costume was alright, the web shooters are a lot better than just having it ooze out of him.

Maybe, I'm a bit meh.

The Avengers was shit and only enjoyable to people with short attention spans. Deal with it.

Good response.

I thought the first two Maguire ones were actually pretty good. Maguire was a good Spider-Man. The third was horrendous though.

Garfield was good as well. I think he's got an instant likeability in him. Thought the arrogance later on got a bit much at times, and the scene where he's in the car with the criminal was the tip of that particular iceberg. He usually brought it round though.

The Hangover Part III ( 2013 )

Much better than #2. I think most of the amusement for the first hour or so comes from people's reactions to the dumb stuff, rather than the dumb stuff itself, although I did like pretty much the entire giraffe bit, and the last 30 minutes are really good. No complaints from me.

7/10

You dismissed all the criticisms of the film right with your sarcastic response. Stop trying to backtrack you oddball.

Yeah because I don't believe that are any massive plotholes or inaccuracies, nothing that ruined the movie for me. Ye know, other than stuff of that ilk. It's a world where there's other realms, god-like beings, a guy who turns into a giant green monster and a bunch of other obviously fictitious stuff.

I don't think any film should be exempt from criticism because its in a specific genre but nor do you apply the rules of this world (and its technology) to every genre in the same way.

Yeah because I don't believe that are any massive plotholes or inaccuracies, nothing that ruined the movie for me. Ye know, other than stuff of that ilk. It's a world where there's other realms, god-like beings, a guy who turns into a giant green monster and a bunch of other obviously fictitious stuff.

I don't think any film should be exempt from criticism because its in a specific genre but nor do you apply the rules of this world (and its technology) to every genre in the same way.

Why did the Hulk suddenly go from some uncontrollable beast, to a pet guard dog? Do you not consider that a massive plothole, considering his change was very instrumental in the outcome of the film?

Why did the Hulk suddenly go from some uncontrollable beast, to a pet guard dog? Do you not consider that a massive plothole, considering his change was very instrumental in the outcome of the film?

Because Banner learned to control it. It's not a plothole, it's character development. One I didn't like but I don't think you can sit there and say with any certainty that that's outwith the realms of possibility. Not unless you're actually Stan Lee. But you don't use words like EXCELSIOR or true believer so I'm inclined to believe you're not Smilin' Stan.

That's what Spider-man should be though. Although they didn't focus too much on his high school days in the Raimi ones, he's going through high school with all that stuff, he loses his parents and then the whole Spider-man stuff gets laid on him. He should be moody and shit! There was nowhere near enough of the geeky aspect or the smart ass quips in McGuire's Parker/Spider-man. Garfield got that part of the character spot on.

I thought it worked well in both instances. Raimi's was probably slightly better. That line doesn't bother me either, it shouldn't be about the line itself but more the message, which both Ben's projected well.

I'll agree with you, the Lizard wasn't great. I thought the costume was alright, the web shooters are a lot better than just having it ooze out of him.

Maybe, I'm a bit meh.

Good response.

Yeah, I'd definitely agree that Garfield pulls off the smart arsed side of Spiderman far better than Maguire. The scene in which he mocks the car thief as he takes him down with his web shooters is probably my favourite moment in the movie. Garfield's reaction to the knife being brandished is particularly amusing.

However, Peter Parker just never has struck me as the moody, sulky, skateboarding loner that he's portrayed as for a lot of the time in The Amazing Spiderman. Obviously growing up having lost your parents wouldn't be easy, but I've always felt that Peter Parker is a character who would dwell more on his gratitude to his Aunt and Uncle for bringing him up rather than focus on the bitterness of it not being his actual parents who raised him. That's just my perspective on him as a character though.

I actually don't have a problem with them going back to Peter making himself mechanical webshooters in these films either. I don't particularly mind the natural web shooters from Raimi's series either though. That option is probably lazier storywise as they never needed to worry about Spiderman running out of webs or his webshooters being damaged.

There's one big advantage that the Raimi films has over the latest Spiderman film due to the fact that they've chosen to focus on Peter Parker at high school. The Raimi films have J. Jonah Jameson. I loved the character and honestly felt Raimi got him pitch perfect, especially in the first two films.

However, Peter Parker just never has struck me as the moody, sulky, skateboarding loner that he's portrayed as for a lot of the time in The Amazing Spiderman. Obviously growing up having lost your parents wouldn't be easy, but I've always felt that Peter Parker is a character who would dwell more on his gratitude to his Aunt and Uncle for bringing him up rather than focus on the bitterness of it not being his actual parents who raised him. That's just my perspective on him as a character though.

I actually don't have a problem with them going back to Peter making himself mechanical webshooters in these films either. I don't particularly mind the natural web shooters from Raimi's series either though. That option is probably lazier storywise as they never needed to worry about Spiderman running out of webs or his webshooters being damaged.

There's one big advantage that the Raimi films has over the latest Spiderman film due to the fact that they've chosen to focus on Peter Parker at high school. The Raimi films have J. Jonah Jameson. I loved the character and honestly felt Raimi got him pitch perfect, especially in the first two films.

I don't know about in the main storyline because when I started reading Spider-man he was past High School in that but in the Ultimates universe, he's a bit of a loner. Harry Osborne is his only real friend and I don't think he was in the same school right from the beginning (they mention it in the first Raimi movie that he's been kicked out of a few schools and that's why he's in public school), the likes of Flash, Kong, Mary Jane/Gwen only develop later on. So he's not got many friends, he gets bullied by Flash throughout and he's a complete geek so I think the moody loner is fairly spot on. That'll drop later on, once Harry is introduced and he gains a strong friendship with him. He wasn't like an emo throughout it though, he had brief flashes of teenage angst, which would be expected of any teenager, never mind one in Parker's predicament.

I think that's a decent plot device though, they overused it in the 90s animated series but it gets used in the comics and it works. It means he has to fight someone just hand to hand and it gives them a chance to show off his agility without the use of webs.

Yeah, absolutely. JK Simmons was absolutely spot on. It'd be great if he returned as JJJ.

Heard that JK Simmons offered Marc Webb to come back as JJJ. He and the cameos from Bruce Campbell were outstanding in the Raimi films. Even 3 and I hate 3

Amazing did what it needed to do tell the story from a slightly different angle. This time focusing more on PPs parents, him being at school, GS being the love interest and home made web shooters. I did a massive list after I watched the film with what did and didnt work. The quips were sorely missed in the other films and its Spidermans trademark, the uncle Ben side of things could of been done better and always hate how he cant keep his fudging mask on

Avengers did exactly what it needed to do. Squeeze in characters from multiple big budget films and balance it out so it put across the idea of them being a team without forcing characters too much into the backround. Yes it had its faults tho for the Hulk thing is u remember the last 20mins or so of TIH it looks like they are buildingbon that. Lets be honest a film like that could of easily flopped like many of the individual Marvel efforts (Daredevil, GhostbRider etc) but pulled it off

I do agree that films with CGI thrown at it often make for shit films (take note Michael Bay) but things like Pacific Rim looks like an interperation of the old school big monster movies and I cant wait. It will probably be a total cheese best but im also sure it will cockslap Transformers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

As a very big fan of the original Dragonball series, I had never felt such seethe towards the people behind making it, because I'd argue it was the worst interpretation of an original show, ever.

Was gutted with it. I could forgive the shit casting, the Americanised version of events hell even him being taught by Roshi so late on. However the fight scenes they had to nail and failed. Badly

If they the Saiyan saga next with Vegita they need to overhall everything and get decent actors for him and Goku

Was gutted with it. I could forgive the shit casting, the Americanised version of events hell even him being taught by Roshi so late on. However the fight scenes they had to nail and failed. Badly

If they the Saiyan saga next with Vegita they need to overhall everything and get decent actors for him and Goku

From what I read into it, the goal was simply to make a film. That was it. They decided to do whatever the hell they wanted and shunted any input from Akria Toriyama, which why they went 'air-bender' and made Goku all emo. They hired the cheapest writer they could find as well, a man who was behind such garbage as a movie literally called "It's a good day to be black and sexy." :huh:

I would actually re-do Dragonball again (even though apparently thanks to it's worldwide demand still managed to make a profit! )if not for any reason other than to give the finger to anyone that had input in the movie.

I genuinely believe that with a semi-decent screenplay writer and a passionate enough director that would keep ties to the original story, that there is a potentially massive cash cow of a film franchise in there. If the original can be that shit and still make a profit, I can only imagine what a decent re-make could do.

From what I read into it, the goal was simply to make a film. That was it. They decided to do whatever the hell they wanted and shunted any input from Akria Toriyama, which why they went 'air-bender' and made Goku all emo. They hired the cheapest writer they could find as well, a man who was behind such garbage as a movie literally called "It's a good day to be black and sexy." :huh:

I would actually re-do Dragonball again (even though apparently thanks to it's worldwide demand still managed to make a profit! )if not for any reason other than to give the finger to anyone that had input in the movie.

I genuinely believe that with a semi-decent screenplay writer and a passionate enough director that would keep ties to the original story, that there is a potentially massive cash cow of a film franchise in there. If the original can be that shit and still make a profit, I can only imagine what a decent re-make could do.

Exactly, there is demmand for another film to be done and if they get it even half decent they could really clean up. As bad as they are the Guyver films are still a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, loved the anime but the films were more like power rangers than bio boosted armour. Tho give them the due I think most of the budget went on the suit would explain Mark Hamill and David Hayter in teh films