What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

What did you make of The Avengers? I thought it was a poor movie. Really, really shit. I can't remember meeting a single person who didn't think it was an absolute masterpiece. Awful acting, shit script, huge plot holes, loads of inaccuracies and worst of all those tragic attempts at inserting humour. It just doesn't have any redeeming features at all.

The Amazing Spider-Man movie last year is the only full-scale CGI movie I can remember enjoying,

Thats the worst bit about folk trying to rehash decent Anime like the last airbender, if you think thats bad try Dragonball Evolution....

As a very big fan of the original Dragonball series, I had never felt such seethe towards the people behind making it, because I'd argue it was the worst interpretation of an original show, ever.

What did you make of The Avengers? I thought it was a poor movie. Really, really shit. I can't remember meeting a single person who didn't think it was an absolute masterpiece. Awful acting, shit script, huge plot holes, loads of inaccuracies and worst of all those tragic attempts at inserting humour. It just doesn't have any redeeming features at all.

The Amazing Spider-Man movie last year is the only full-scale CGI movie I can remember enjoying,

I thought I was the only one.

I really liked the Avengers although it's far from the perfect movie practically everyone was making it out to be when it came out. The Amazing Spiderman was a load of pish though I thought. Just an unnecessary retelling of the Spiderman origin story that didn't manage to tell the story as well as Raimi did in his version. It's just a mess of a film although in it's defence, it wasn't helped by the fact that it was rushed out by the studio and there was a lot of tampering with it in post production by Fox.

For all it's faults, I definitely enjoyed it. Superhero movies are one of them ones where I just think to myself "most of this shit is absurd before you even start watching, so why should I care about other flaws?"

Yeah man, I agree. So many plotholes and inaccuracies, I mean, what the f**k that guy can fly with the aid of a hammer? Totally unrealistic.

I really liked the Avengers although it's far from the perfect movie practically everyone was making it out to be when it came out. The Amazing Spiderman was a load of pish though I thought. Just an unnecessary retelling of the Spiderman origin story that didn't manage to tell the story as well as Raimi did in his version. It's just a mess of a film although in it's defence, it wasn't helped by the fact that it was rushed out by the studio and there was a lot of tampering with it in post production by Fox.

The Amazing Spider-man was vastly better than Spider-man, Garfield is so much better at playing Peter Parker than McGuire was. Also helped by a much better script for the character.

Spider-man was Sony, not FOX. :smartass

Fast and the Furious strikes me as one that I'd probably enjoy at the time thanks to the madness of what happens, and then I'd leave thinking "haud on... that was shite!"

The Purge looks great.

Yeah man, I agree. So many plotholes and inaccuracies, I mean, what the f**k that guy can fly with the aid of a hammer? Totally unrealistic.

The Amazing Spider-man was vastly better than Spider-man, Garfield is so much better at playing Peter Parker than McGuire was. Also helped by a much better script for the character.

Spider-man was Sony, not FOX. :smartass

Of course it was Sony and not Fox. The Playstation 3 lettering was exactly the same when it was first announced and they used Spiderman in one of their demonstration videos all those years ago at E3. Another stupid mistake by me in successive pages in this thread.

I just don't agree with you about the Amazing Spiderman being superior to the Raimi version. Garfield is a great actor but the direction they decided to go with his Peter Parker didn't work for me. Garfield's Peter Parker just came across as a moody little teenage brat while McGuire's interpretation really nailed the idea that he is a smart, nice guy who suddenly finds himself with more power than he could ever dream of and is struggling to work out how to juggle his powers and his ordinary life. Frankly in general, I have no significant problems with McGuire's performances in the first two Spiderman films.

The way they do the killing of Uncle Ben in the latest film doesn't work for me either. Plus, if your going to retell the Spiderman origins, you surely have to say the line "With great power comes great responsibility" and they never say it (at least in full) in The Amazing Spiderman.

The villain steadily devolves throughout the film, becoming yet another bland cgi monster with an even blander master plan. The Spiderman costume is pretty pish as well although I think I saw that they are changing that.

And I don't know about anyone else but I'm thoroughly uninterested in the intrigue they are trying to build up around the disappearance of Peter's parents in this new series of Spiderman films. I'll be amazed if they aren't working towards a reveal that Peter's parents were responsible for creating the radioactive spiders that turned Peter into Spiderman and there is a great big grand scheme in place.

I love Spiderman and in general, I've liked the majority of the cast in other things. I really hope that without having to rush to meet a deadline of Sony losing the rights to Spiderman that they'll be able to do something interesting in the sequel. But I really didn't enjoy The Amazing Spiderman and would much rather rewatch Raimi's first film again.