What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Aliens is a sequel whether you want to class it as one or not. I'd still have Alien as better though. Aliens lost all of the atmosphere of the first movie which made it a proper chiller.

Agree with the sequel thing especially with recent film franchises where the opening film is used to introduce you to the universe/characters etc so generally just dots the I's and crosses the Ts where the 2nd film has alot more room to move forward. Spiderman and Xmen 2 being prime examples of recent films, Terminator 2 and Aliens are 2 of my favourite films. For someone to suggest T3 was better than the 2 previous efforts you should never be allowed to watch films again. Ever

At work so will sit down later and do a proper list but off the too of my head...

Empire Strikes Back

Spider-Man 2

Xmen 2

Superman 2

Mad Max 2

Toy Story 2

The Dark Knight

Aliens

Wrath of Khan

Dozens more to follow

Behave!

I'd even argue that Batman Begins stands up much better to a 2nd/3rd viewing that the Dark Knight. Having watched the trilogy again, I actually think Batman Begins is the best film, even though I did absolutely love the 2 sequels.

Behave!

I'd even argue that Batman Begins stands up much better to a 2nd/3rd viewing that the Dark Knight. Having watched the trilogy again, I actually think Batman Begins is the best film, even though I did absolutely love the 2 sequels.

Totally agree. I much prefer Batman Begins to The Dark Knight (although I do like the latter a lot too.) I think a lot of people have hyped up the The Dark Knight off the back of the strength of Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker and the tragic circumstances surrounding him. Batman Begins is just the stronger film for me and frankly the last five minutes of The Dark Knight with Batman and Gordon's actions are bit troublesome.

Prefer Terminator to T2, also prefer Alien to Aliens. Just my opinion though, and I can understand why people may enjoy the sequels better.

Both are sequels, because they tell both show the events after the first films. However Aliens could have been a stand alone film, but I don't think T2 would have stood well as a stand alone.

Would have been interesting to see how Aliens would have done as a stand alone film, without the background of the first film.

Prefer Terminator to T2, also prefer Alien to Aliens. Just my opinion though, and I can understand why people may enjoy the sequels better.

Both are sequels, because they tell both show the events after the first films. However Aliens could have been a stand alone film, but I don't think T2 would have stood well as a stand alone.

Would have been interesting to see how Aliens would have done as a stand alone film, without the background of the first film.

For what it's worth I can sort of answer that. I saw Aliens as a teenager a couple of years before I saw the first film, and I thought Aliens was fantastic. In a strange way it actually improved that initial viewing of Aliens due to the fact that I'd had no exposure to the Xenomorphs before so I was able to relate more to the marines and their ignorance of the danger their walking into, in a way you can't if you've seen another Alien film and therefore know what the Aliens can do.

Watched half of Fight Club last night before falling asleep. Second time I've watched it and the whole film is completely different. I don't know if it's better or worse, you don't have the twist but you see how characters act around other ones and it's just incredible. Without a doubt one of my favourite films.

Starship Troopers 82%

I love this film, because even when it's terrible, it's just simply brilliant.

"Tonight's execution, all net, all channels"

Love that film, but dear god avoid the sequels

I haven't went near them, however I wouldn't mind a go of the spin-off TV series.

Know they did an animated series, suppose it would be the budget for something like that

Besides got SHIELD and Halo tv series coming up

Know they did an animated series, suppose it would be the budget for something like that

Besides got SHIELD and Halo tv series coming up

I knew about Shield obviously, but hearing that now that there will be one for Halo is a bit of double edged sword.

I've always thought Halo would look good on screen and one that I'd look to, but I figured the budget to pull it off would have been far more suited to one for a film, unless they have a ridiculous sized budget for television the CGI could end up very insipid.

I knew about Shield obviously, but hearing that now that there will be one for Halo is a bit of double edged sword.

I've always thought Halo would look good on screen and one that I'd look to, but I figured the budget to pull it off would have been far more suited to one for a film, unless they have a ridiculous sized budget for television the CGI could end up very insipid.

Got announced with the Xbox One reveal. The Forward Onto Dawn Halo tv series/film was pretty decent