What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Huh, never really thought about that.

The whole outside world is toxic so it's probably a result of that

You're talking minor stuff though, really irrelevant to the main story.

Its more just things they put in because of the content of the original

When Quade finds out that he is really Howzer he is in real shock but we arent sure if there was more about Howzer that was mentioned in the news report as he is only mentioned once for a few seconds and never discussed until his reveal.

While im on the point actually the guy who initally contacts him via his "handphone" why does he help Quade? Surely he was Howzers friend and in which case he was purely passing on messages to help along Howzer with this mission and shouldnt help Quade escape?

Pursuit of Happiness

Watched this straight after The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air....

Will Smith is a fantastic (underrated?) actor, and this a fantastic film. Will watch it again

Was a good film, based on a true story as well. The scene when he is trying to sleep in the bathroom with his kid is really emotional

Its more just things they put in because of the content of the original

When Quade finds out that he is really Howzer he is in real shock but we arent sure if there was more about Howzer that was mentioned in the news report as he is only mentioned once for a few seconds and never discussed until his reveal.

While im on the point actually the guy who initally contacts him via his "handphone" why does he help Quade? Surely he was Howzers friend and in which case he was purely passing on messages to help along Howzer with this mission and shouldnt help Quade escape?

Yeah, they absolutely put those sorta things in as references to the original. I like that though, they also had someone who looked very similar to the woman Arnie dressed up as to try and get onto Mars. They're just harmless cameos. Hell, even the mention of Mars being a possible Rekall implant was a reference, it's just a harmless nod to the original that gives anyone who's seen it a chuckle but doesn't lose any new viewers.

Are we talking remake or original here? I'm not sure what your point is either...

He helps Quaid because Quaid/Hauser had presumably asked him to just before he got caught and brainwashed(probably right before he made the message to himself that was on the case thing). Hauser knew he that the UFB were gonna take him and brainwash him so he told that guy to contact him if his handphone ever came on the grid again. I don't know if he was his friend but he would've been a teammate/ally for the independence. That guy obviously worked for the UFB(as he's in the team that captures him in the toxic zone) so he'd have access to that sort of information(his handphone being on since they were tracking him with it).

I'm getting confused with all the name changes. In this one, there's no real difference between Quaid and Hauser. There's no double agents in this one, he used to be an agent for the UFB and was about to kill the leader of the Independence movement but instead met the woman and joined the Independence people. The guy who phoned him and who helped him get free near the end worked for the UFB but was actually one of the Independence fighters.

Yeah, they absolutely put those sorta things in as references to the original. I like that though, they also had someone who looked very similar to the woman Arnie dressed up as to try and get onto Mars. They're just harmless cameos. Hell, even the mention of Mars being a possible Rekall implant was a reference, it's just a harmless nod to the original that gives anyone who's seen it a chuckle but doesn't lose any new viewers.

Are we talking remake or original here? I'm not sure what your point is either...

He helps Quaid because Quaid/Hauser had presumably asked him to just before he got caught and brainwashed(probably right before he made the message to himself that was on the case thing). Hauser knew he that the UFB were gonna take him and brainwash him so he told that guy to contact him if his handphone ever came on the grid again. I don't know if he was his friend but he would've been a teammate/ally for the independence. That guy obviously worked for the UFB(as he's in the team that captures him in the toxic zone) so he'd have access to that sort of information(his handphone being on since they were tracking him with it).

I'm getting confused with all the name changes. In this one, there's no real difference between Quaid and Hauser. There's no double agents in this one, he used to be an agent for the UFB and was about to kill the leader of the Independence movement but instead met the woman and joined the Independence people. The guy who phoned him and who helped him get free near the end worked for the UFB but was actually one of the Independence fighters.

Remake

Point i was trying to make is when they meet Cohagen he tells them that Hauser was a plant and he agreed to do it in order to flush out the resistance to quash them. The problem i have is that his contact who calls him via the hand phone says he is Hausers friend who is helping him out as he was captured and brainwashed. Tho really if he is Hausers friend he is mearly helping Hauser with his mission and so would want Hauser to come back

Drive - 6.5/10. Couldn't understand the hype over this film at all. He doesn't do much actual getaway driving and the scenes with no dialogue worked but were far too frequent. Gosling was pretty good in most scenes but other scenes his silence irritated me.

The robbery scenes did create great tension though, I was leaning more and more forward willing them to hurry up as if I was sat in the car myself. I didnt expect it to be so violent either. It was pretty nuts at times.

Remake

Point i was trying to make is when they meet Cohagen he tells them that Hauser was a plant and he agreed to do it in order to flush out the resistance to quash them. The problem i have is that his contact who calls him via the hand phone says he is Hausers friend who is helping him out as he was captured and brainwashed. Tho really if he is Hausers friend he is mearly helping Hauser with his mission and so would want Hauser to come back

Well he obviously was Hauser's friend from between the point after Hauser turned on Cohagen and became part of the resistance but before he was brainwashed and turned into Quaid.

Yes, Hauser was one of Cohagen's agents of the UFB, he was tasked with infiltrating and killing the resistance leader. (Point A)He met Jessica Biel's character and decided to change and sided with the resistance. (Point B) He was caught by Cohagen and brainwashed, he turned into Quaid.

His contact via the handphone and who helped him escape near the end must've met and befriended him between points A and B above. He is Hauser's friend but it's the Hauser that was part of the resistance(truly), not the one who worked for Cohagen. That's why he helps him escape.

Saw a few films recently...

The Hunger Games

Basically a sleeker looking but less brutal version of Battle Royale. Very meh. 6/10

A Prophet

Film about an arabic frenchman in prison who gets taken under the wing of a corsican gangster. I had seen that this getting great reviews and it was highly recommended to me but I think that may have counted against it in the end as I may have expected too much. Don't get me wrong, it was great in parts, particularly a fairly important scene right at the start of the film, but overall it never really hit any dizzy heights for me. 7/10

The Dark Knight Rises.

My thoughts were that overall it was pretty good. Like TDK, the lengthy runtime went by really smoothly and did not feel overlong at any time. The main performances were all good, particularly Gary Oldman and Anne Hathaway. Hardy as Bane was excellent and very menacing but suffered by comparison to Ledger’s joker.

Saw the 'twists' coming that marion cotillard (smokin hot!) was a baddy and that JGL would take over from batman. The scenes of Gotham being destroyed by Bane were fantastic and very bold in light of modern history and society's reaction to this type of thing. However, I didn’t like the way it was revealed that Bane basically fancied Talia and it sort of took the edge of his character for me. Other minor quibbles were Levitt’s character being called Robin which was also pretty naff and the bit when the police did a braveheart style charge into a bunch of crims with semi automatic machine guns was also ludicrous.

It wasn’t as good as TDK (which is amazing) but it finished off the trilogy well and was a solid, good movie. I’ll say 8/10.

Got Take Shelter and Senna to watch this week so will put up ratings once watched.

Agree with that. Jennifer Lawrence also looks a million times better with dark hair.

I watched love and other drugs recently. It's okay as far as these kind of films go. Anne Hathaway is naked in a lot of the film which is very pleasing.

jennifer lawrence does indeed look very lovely in it, you're right, I probably should have highlighted that. ;)

having just watched TDKR ...the prospect of a very naked Anne Hathaway means that film must get watched. First i'm off to IMDB to find out what it's about....like it matters!! :P:ph34r:

Edited by bob_mcshug

jennifer lawrence does indeed look very lovely in it, you're right, I probably should have highlighted that. ;)

having just watched TDKR ...the prospect of a very naked Anne Hathaway means that film must get watched. First i'm off to IMDB to find out what it's about....like it matters!! :P:ph34r:

You are just looking to see if there are any teaser pictures :lol:

1347364898[/url]' post='6617606']

Saw a few films recently...

The Hunger Games

Basically a sleeker looking but less brutal version of Battle Royale. Very meh. 6/10

A Prophet

Film about an arabic frenchman in prison who gets taken under the wing of a corsican gangster. I had seen that this getting great reviews and it was highly recommended to me but I think that may have counted against it in the end as I may have expected too much. Don't get me wrong, it was great in parts, particularly a fairly important scene right at the start of the film, but overall it never really hit any dizzy heights for me. 7/10

The Dark Knight Rises.

My thoughts were that overall it was pretty good. Like TDK, the lengthy runtime went by really smoothly and did not feel overlong at any time. The main performances were all good, particularly Gary Oldman and Anne Hathaway. Hardy as Bane was excellent and very menacing but suffered by comparison to Ledger's joker.

Saw the 'twists' coming that marion cotillard (smokin hot!) was a baddy and that JGL would take over from batman. The scenes of Gotham being destroyed by Bane were fantastic and very bold in light of modern history and society's reaction to this type of thing. However, I didn't like the way it was revealed that Bane basically fancied Talia and it sort of took the edge of his character for me. Other minor quibbles were Levitt's character being called Robin which was also pretty naff and the bit when the police did a braveheart style charge into a bunch of crims with semi automatic machine guns was also ludicrous.

It wasn't as good as TDK (which is amazing) but it finished off the trilogy well and was a solid, good movie. I'll say 8/10.

Got Take Shelter and Senna to watch this week so will put up ratings once watched.

If you liked (A Prophet) check out (Mersine)

after Iron Sky and War of the Dead, I went for

The 25th Reich (2012)

After Nazis living on the Moon and Zombie Nazis in Finland, this takes the biscuit :D , time travelling Nazis in Australia in 1943 to 50,000 years in the past to 300 years in the future.

The pick of the action is an American Captain getting ass raped by a 20 foot high robotic spider Nazi who was a GI redneck 2 minutes previously and had been morphed by a laser in 5 secs :blink:

There is to be a sequel.....................

6/10 , actually that bad it was enjoyable.

Next up will be Dead Snow, more zombie Nazi stuff and mentioned on here before, but brought to my mind after the death of the director Tomas Evjen at 39 yesterday......

If you liked (A Prophet) check out (Mersine)

I see it has vincent cassell in it, that's enough to merit a watch, i'll get on it, cheers.

I watched Take Shelter, film about a guy (played by michael shannon) who is living a normal family life in rural america when he begins to have dark nightmares about a massive storm coming. As a consequence of this his behaviour becomes more erratic and starts impacting on his life as he starts to build a bomb shelter in his back garden. I can't give much more away without spoiling the film but it is a very subtle film and a bit of a slow burner.

It's the first film i've watched in a long time where I wasnt sure how I felt about it once it had finished. Shannon is excellent in the lead role and should make a fantastic General Zod in the new Superman film. Overall i'd say it's worth a watch to make your own mind up. I'd give it 7.5/10 with the extra half mark coming from Shannon's performance and the excellent cinematography.

Next up will be Dead Snow, more zombie Nazi stuff and mentioned on here before, but brought to my mind after the death of the director Tomas Evjen at 39 yesterday......

He didn't direct it, he was the producer.

Great film. :)

Sorry to say but I watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls again last night......and enjoyed it. :unsure:

I think just to shake you to your senses you should be forced to watch one of the originals