What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Went on a massive film watching session yesterday

Trainspotting (1996) Fantastic film, a real rollercoaster ride, the first film I've seen where Ewan Mcgregor wasn't utter gash. 8.5/10

Shaun of the Dead (2004) Another great watch, clever and well written and is a nice satire of Zombie films 9/10

21 Jump Street (2012) I didn't realise it was a reboot film, So the original jokes i missed out on but it was quite clever looking back at it. 6.5/10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)- Jason Segal is probably the best comedic actor when it comes to portraying mental breakdowns, Russell Brand was bearable as well. 8/10

Get Him to the Greek (2010) - admittedly I was concerned about the cast and Russell Brand holding a film apart but this was the role he was born to play. P Diddy was pretty funny and Jonah Hill was Jonah hill. 7/10

Harold and Kumar Escape Guantamino Bay (2008) -As a H&K film you know what you are getting, maybe not as good as the first one but the fact it is the best satire of America's war on terror and modern day racism is surprising. Shouldn't be dismissed as simply a dumb stoner comedy. 8/10

My second favourite film, for some reason, I just love it.

Segel is the man. :wub:

Amazing film, its impossible to dislike it. Ms Bell + Ms Kunis = Heaven (probably would with Brand and Segal aswell :lol:

Went on a massive film watching session yesterday

Trainspotting (1996) Fantastic film, a real rollercoaster ride, the first film I've seen where Ewan Mcgregor wasn't utter gash. 8.5/10

Shaun of the Dead (2004) Another great watch, clever and well written and is a nice satire of Zombie films 9/10

21 Jump Street (2012) I didn't realise it was a reboot film, So the original jokes i missed out on but it was quite clever looking back at it. 6.5/10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)- Jason Segal is probably the best comedic actor when it comes to portraying mental breakdowns, Russell Brand was bearable as well. 8/10

Get Him to the Greek (2010) - admittedly I was concerned about the cast and Russell Brand holding a film apart but this was the role he was born to play. P Diddy was pretty funny and Jonah Hill was Jonah hill. 7/10

Harold and Kumar Escape Guantamino Bay (2008) -As a H&K film you know what you are getting, maybe not as good as the first one but the fact it is the best satire of America's war on terror and modern day racism is surprising. Shouldn't be dismissed as simply a dumb stoner comedy. 8/10

Watched 21 jump street earlier fought it was proper funny.

Naruto Shippuuden Movie 5: Blood Prison.

Giving this one 7/10, decent storyline Naruto has been framed for a crime he didn't commit and sent to a prison where escape is impossible. Cue lots of destruction and long epic fight scenes in which everyone is amazed that he is so powerful. Usual stuff which is to be expected from this where the main theme running is either love, hate, revenge or bravery in this case it's overcoming your fears or be it not afraid of death to protect those you love...d'awwww.

All in all decent movie but the others for me are slightly better.

Frozen - Received fairy mixed reviews online and to be honest I'm not sure what else could be done with such a simple plot which consisted of 3 people stuck halfway up a mountain on a chair lift. The characters were likeable enough. The dialogue was a bit of a let down and considering there was only 3 characters for the most part it should have really been a lot stronger. 5/10

Panic Button - A British independent film and an utterly garbage one at that. As someone alluded to earlier its sort of Saw on a plane. Trys too hard to convey some sort of 'social networks are evil' message. Poor acting and one of the most bizarre endings I've ever witnessed 2/10

Totally forgot this thread even existed, so I'll just a selection of films which I've seen recently for the first time.

Moon (2009) - 9/10 - Atmospheric, clever story with a really nice twist, this definitely goes straight in as one of my favourite space movies of all time.

Equilibrium (2002) - 6/10 - It was a really good idea, but I don't think it was executed as well as it could've been. Still worth watching, but the plot and characters could've been a little deeper,

The Mist (2007) - 8/10 - Enjoyable film, found it hard to like many of the characters barring the leading guy. The monsters were really cool, and the ending was absolutely shocking (in the disturbing sense).

Edited to bump The Mist from a 7 to and 8.

Edited by Zanetti

The Dictator (2012)

You could imagine Peter Sellers doing this in the 1960's, except it would have been funny.

2.5/10 for a couple of minor laughs

Along Came A Spider (2001) - 6.5/10 - Freeman was good in this film, despite the fact that in every single one of his roles he plays Morgan Freeman rather than a specific character (probably because he's in the top 5 coolest people ever) , but it suits well here. Strange twist but not a bad watch.