What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Soldiers of Fortune (2012)

Pile o' shoite with Christian Bale, Sean Bean and one of the hobbits in a merc protecting rich folk thang, in a made up rebellion on a Romanian island that if your lucky was 2 miles square.

Avoid.

1/10

Diary of a Wimpy Kid:Dog Days

took the kids to see this as they have seen the first 2 and are both big fans of the book, you get a few laughs and it's enjoyable enough but a bit hard to watch in places, the kids enjoyed it so happy days I suppose. 5/10

Has anybody on here seen "My Dinner With Andre"? Been meaning to see it for a wee while (after seeing the Community parody of it tongue.gif ) and eventually bought it last week. Just wondering how high my expectations of it should be before I watch it

I struggled to find it cheaper than about £15 so haven't seen it, but Roger Ebert was raving about it, named it in his top 10 films of the '80s. Great idea for a film if it's well executed. I look forward to hearing what you have to say about it.

Where did you get it Stewbo? Reasonable price or did you have to fork out?

Paprika - 8/10.

Watched this on film4. Japanese anime about a device that lets you enter people's dreams to try and resolve their mental health issues. The prototype is stolen and mis-used resulting in some chaos. The visuals are stunning and a more accurate reflection of dreams than Inception was. The storyline is fairly basic and the ending is nowhere near as epic as the film deserves. With a better final confrontation and more complex mystery this could have been 10/10 for me.

I struggled to find it cheaper than about £15 so haven't seen it, but Roger Ebert was raving about it, named it in his top 10 films of the '80s. Great idea for a film if it's well executed. I look forward to hearing what you have to say about it.

Where did you get it Stewbo? Reasonable price or did you have to fork out?

£7.50 from play.com, not bad considering most of the other places were £15+ as you say

The Pact

Downloaded this yesterday for a wee hangover film to watch and wish I never bothered. I love my thillers/horrors but this was just terrible. I don't even know were to start on the story, it's ridiculous :( . It didn't even have that many thrills throughout the whole film and the honking acting didn't help matters.

I feel sorry for anyone who wasted money going to see this in the pics.

1/10

The Devil Inside - No Mark

I was watching a re-run of Dundee v Kilmarnock when my girlfriend decided to buy this on Virgin Media, so I agreed to watch it.

WHAT THE f**k WAS THIS SHITE?

To claim it's a film is fucking ridiculous considering nothing exactly happens, its as if they made the first part of the film then ran out of money and couldn't finish the bloody thing. fucking waste of money

If you seriously made your bird watch a repeat of Dundee v Kilmarnock with you then you deserve all you get.

Well I said I was away to watch it and she agreed because she wanted to keep sleeping. 5 minutes later she's up and checking the movie listings laugh.gif

The Dark Knight Rises - 9.5/10.

Utterly incredible, the amount of times the hairs on my arms and the back of my neck stood up was unbelievable. And I almost shed a tear!

Saw it a couple of weeks ago but still not got this 'amazed' feeling as if it's one of the greatest films of all time. Certainly enjoyed it though so 7/10.

Finally just watched the original Logan's Run. Just weird and a 5.5/10. Funny how all 60-70s films have the same perception of the 2000's though. What will our world be like in 45 years? Unpredictable!

13 Tzameti ( 2005 )

A French movie about a young guy who's working on someone's roof. That person is a bit strapped for cash, and then dies. The roofer overhears that he's going somewhere and there might be a lot of money involved, so he takes his place...

This is one terrific movie right here. Very low key stuff, but it's tense as f**k and creates an eerie atmosphere right away thanks to the soundtrack which, while a bit forced, puts you in the right frame of mind for what you're about to see. The soundtrack disappears and that only adds to the intensity of the whole thing. It's on Lovefilm and I really can't recommend it enough.

9/10

I watched the Kings Speech the other night with the missus.

What a load of old shite.

How it won any awards is beyond me.

Probably because it was the best film released in the time on which the 2011 Oscars were judged? Think that's the reason anyway. :)

Only My Name is Khan was close to it.

The King's Speech is magnificent. Disappointed Geoffrey Rush didn't win the oscar. Thought his was a better performance than Christian Bale's in The Fighter. Although I'd have gone for John Hawkes over Rush so I can't really say that.

My Dinner With Andre - 8/10

I'll start off by saying the 8 out of 10 mark is probably a little bit mean, was really shattered from today and it made the film less enjoyable for me.

On to the meaningful stuff: Like Albino Rover mentioned on the last page, the concept is really brilliant, two old friends meeting up to have dinner and catch up and that's it. No special effects, hell, barely any extras, I think there were 4 actors in the whole film. I was going to say the dialogue is fantastic, but in essence it's actually more like a string of monologues, the two men exchanging their views on life in depth that is so realistic you feel like you could be at the next table eavesdropping. Given the situation and concept of the film, it's not very exciting, but it's intriguing, engrossing, even fascinating just to watch the conversation pan out.

Give it a watch if you can, well worth my seven quid anyway ;)

The King's Speech is magnificent.

I'm not usually one for these kind of films, but I rented it out for 99p and thought the same.

To my shame, it was only just before that film came out that I realised there had been an abdication etc back then. ph34r.gif

My Dinner With Andre - 8/10

I'll start off by saying the 8 out of 10 mark is probably a little bit mean, was really shattered from today and it made the film less enjoyable for me.

On to the meaningful stuff: Like Albino Rover mentioned on the last page, the concept is really brilliant, two old friends meeting up to have dinner and catch up and that's it. No special effects, hell, barely any extras, I think there were 4 actors in the whole film. I was going to say the dialogue is fantastic, but in essence it's actually more like a string of monologues, the two men exchanging their views on life in depth that is so realistic you feel like you could be at the next table eavesdropping. Given the situation and concept of the film, it's not very exciting, but it's intriguing, engrossing, even fascinating just to watch the conversation pan out.

Give it a watch if you can, well worth my seven quid anyway ;)

Thanks for that Stewbo- exactly how I hoped it would be. Next on my purchase list.