What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Fright Night (remake) - Despite the fact it was a remake and Colin Farrell was the vampire in this one it was actually pretty good, David Tennant in particualr was great in his role 7/10

Have you seen the original? I thought that Farrell was better in the role than Chris Sarandon, plus it didn't have the awful Amanda Bearse in it!

Don't watch the sequel from 1988, it was pretty guff!

Cosmopolis

It looks great. Robert Pattinson was decent enough, although it did seem like a challenging role. It's a well constructed film (plenty of effective imagery) but it's just really dull, bar the sequences with Paul Giamatti and Pattinson.

It's impossible to connect with any character - unfortunately this seems intentional - so you really don't care about how the film pans out. The supporting cast - excluding Giamatti - delivers their lines in a really painful manner.

I couldn't get into it at all, despite liking the look of the film. Add into the fact that I don't really care for Cronenberg and it was a fairly unenjoyable experience.

Some people will love it, I have no doubt about that. I'm not one of those people though.

5/10

They were boring as f**k. Punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, Batman falls down, Batman gets back up, punch, punch, punch, for minutes on end.

The actual fuck are you talking about? Should it just be one punch and that's it over? Or do you expect Bane to People's Elbow Batman?

The two people in this are highly trained and skilled fighters, and it showed in the fights, you've spent too much time watching shite films to appreciate something good.

They were boring as f**k. Punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, Batman falls down, Batman gets back up, punch, punch, punch, for minutes on end.

laugh.gif And I thought I'd made some stupid points about this film!!

If you're talking about the first fight(in the sewers) then it was meant to be quite slow. Batman was taking slow but very hard shots at Bane only for him to pretty much absorb it and show that he's one bad motherfucker. Batman gives him all that he can but gets easily exhausted and Bane defeats him.

The second fight was much more interesting as it had Batman gaining an upperhand because he put Bane in extreme pain by breaking his mask thingy and made it a much more even fight

Seven minutes is no time- imagine you only watched the first seven minutes of Forrest Gump or Once Upon A Time In America- they're not particularly thrilling openings. I stick with my film whether it's mince or masterpiece- I watched Larry Crowne recently and couldn't believe I was actually giving it a chance, but there was a little directorial stroke of genius and a few laughs throughout the tripe, and I'm glad I didn't turn it off.

Who said an opening must be thrilling? 2001 A space oddysey is hardly thrilling to start with, but is worth the wait. In seven minutes of Ultraviolet I saw enough to know that it was crap. I like sci-fi so it's not as if the genre does not appeal, but the little I saw led me to believe that it was not for me. I'm not averse to watching shit films, I watched Lake Placid 2 for goodness sake, but I refuse to watch the remainder of that guff to keep someone on P&B happy.

I thought the Change Up was pretty funny ph34r.gif I absolutely love Jason Bateman though...

I was disappointed for Bateman. He can do so much better than this.

The jokes were predictable, exaggerated beyond that proportion to idiot levels and awful, awful dialogue.

The only upside was seeing Olivia Wilde almost in the buff and Leslie Mann who has an impressive set of knockers for a 40 year old.

Have you seen the original? I thought that Farrell was better in the role than Chris Sarandon, plus it didn't have the awful Amanda Bearse in it!

Don't watch the sequel from 1988, it was pretty guff!

Only about 30mins of it, liked the concept tho its like rear window + lost boys

Sequels for things like that should be avoided at all costs, i point you to An American Wearwolf in Paris....

I saw them both available on sky and have absolutely no interest in either of them. Real Steel in particular looks terrible.

i thought real steel was decent kids fare and jackman is always very likeable on screen

also saw dark knight rises on friday - i wont give away anything but will say i was slightly dissapointed with overall film especially the ending - a solid 3 star movie but i felt the film didnt need the catwoman character

Magic Mike ( 2012 )

I was cynical. When I left the cinema, my thoughts was "well, it was decent, but that ending was shite", but it just goes to show that you shouldn't give too much thought to some movies, because this thing really isn't good at all. Two highlights. 1) Matthew McConaughey having the time of his life with a belting performance and 2) Kevin Nash. Get that out of the way. There's so much amateur hour stuff going on here. Throwing in some potential side plots and then just completely pussying out. Leaving us with no idea what the hell we're supposed to be caring about, even when the title should make that obvious. The characters being so one dimensional and black and white. I'll give it a BIT of a score since, when it was actually on in the cinema, I was into it a bit, but really, this isn't very good.

3/10

Went to see The Raid at the Adam Smith theatre in Kirkcaldy on Saturday, it was immense, that's it. 10/10

agreed brillant film, the fight sequences are great especially the scene with the broken door..