What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Burke and Hare (2010)

Loads of British comedy performers in here appearing when you least expect them. I had hoped there'd be more of Bill Bailey but he was only really in it at the start and conclusion. :(

It was the usual Simon Pegg stuff, him and Gollum worked quite well together as the notorious murderers.

It was fun, a lot of crap acting but you didn't really expect anything else with comedians...

7/10

0/10 - not one plus to be taken from this film which is a real shame given the story,director,actors involved

Another nonsense film watched on Sky Première tonight.

Green Lantern (2011)

Sheldon was right, Ryan Reynolds was a terrible choice for the Green Lantern. Despite this it was quite fun, although wondering who would be dumb enough to think he was a friend of Blake Lively as a child... he's a pensioner in comparison!

6/10

just finished watching a couple of 80,s classics, 48 hours with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte 6/10 and Arnie in top cheesy form starring in the Running man 7/10 a decent nights entertainment.biggrin.gif

i also watched the running man - 8/10 on a purely entertainment level - very few of these types of film being made these days

i couldn't warm to 48 hours - i like nolte and murphy but they lacked any decent chemistry in these films

God Bless Ozzy Osbourne - 7/10.

Decent documentary but it didnt really tell me anything I didnt already know, Lemmy's documentary is miles ahead.

The Dark Knight - 9/10.

Still amazing, still blows me away.

Forgot I watched this! I too would give it a 6/10. Best bit about it was Blake Lively :wub:

Indeed. She was probably the best thing about the film, yet she was still underused for my liking. I might have given it a higher rating had that scene in the credits not have pissed me off as much as it did.

This means war. (2012)

Two unlucky in love CIA agents (Chris Pine, Tom Hardy) battle it out to win the affection of Reese Witherspoon, who is looking for love on a dating website.

This was a fun & entertaining film, had some good moments & a bit of action for the serious viewers. A little predictable, but well worth a watch as the chemistry of Hardy & Pine begins to develop as the film goes on.

7/10

Whatever Works

Quirky, funny, intellectual Woody Allen film which (surprise, surprise) follows different oddball people seeking love and happiness, this time centred around ageless genius Boris, played by Larry David. It reeled me in more the first time I saw it, the second time I was a little let down but it still delivers insightful philosophy and lots of laughs.

Like a lot of Woody's gems, the element surprise during the first viewing is one of the best things about it. I bear that in mind for scoring it.

7/10

Gregorys girl - best Scottish film ever? A laugh from start to finish and moving aswell:re Gregory ending up wi who he's no expecting-she is gorgeous tho-young claire grogan.funniest bit for me is him trying to sneak over playground coz he's late.10/10

The Bridge ( 2006 )

Fascinating and harrowing documentary about people jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge. The amount of people interviewed who just have no understanding of the minds of people who take that step is astonishing. The most insightful interview comes from someone who made the jump and survived. You see others who seem to speak sense though and some of the footage is just weird to watch, and one in particular with pictures is just surreal. It's an incredible watch from start to finish though.

10/10