What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Captain America 77%

I think this was a lot better than the criticism it came under. But then, I am a sucker for Marvel films(except maybe the first hulk, that was rather shite). Wetted my appetite for the Avengers film, which will be getting watched.

Captain America 3/10

I used to like comic book movies but each new one disappoints. This was poor to say the least. It was one of the movies where I could completely zone out for 10 minutes and still get what's going on. Not much more to add really. Only watched this for the avengers tie in.

More realistic, this was a terrible film and regardless of being a TJ-R being a fan boy, there was nothing remotely resembling a good film there!

I was I had $140m to piss up the wall... even that would be a better film than Captain America: The Worst Avenger! It was better than Hulk though. :lol:

More realistic, this was a terrible film and regardless of being a TJ-R being a fan boy, there was nothing remotely resembling a good film there!

I was I had $140m to piss up the wall... even that would be a better film than Captain America: The Worst Avenger! It was better than Hulk though. :lol:

I can see why people don't like it, but I'm very stubborn in being a die hard Avengers fan.

I enjoyed it for what it was, a typical 'from nothing to everything' change with reasonably decent action scenes, decent eye candy, and an average plot that set itself up nicely for the Avengers flick. If anyone was expecting something more from it than that, they are clearly more bonkers than a lion on ecstasy.

EDIT: Also it took in roughly $368 million from cinemas. Not a bad return if you ask me 8)

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Battleships

Went to see this yesterday and it's just the usual American cheesy-ness. The effects are quite good but the story and some of the acting is just awful, simply awful!.

There were parts of the story that just didn't make sense but it was to be expected. I wouldn't waste your money on going to see this in the pics, just download it when it comes out, I only went as I have a Cineworld card. I really need to stop going to see these types of films, I just get sucked in by the trailer every single time :(

3/10

Edited by M0rtonfc

It wasn't terrible. It was a good film that was necessary to setup a potentially amazing film. Hugo Weaving was amazing as well.

I found Captain America really dire, it took three attempts to watch the whole thing. I'm getting sick of these comic book CGI wankfests, they just get worse.

What, you don't like CGI? Please go on.

I also watched Captain America recently (now seen all the 'Avengers' solo films in time for the main event), and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Kept to the feel of the original comics even if there was a hefty dose of artistic licence with the whole Hydra thing.

The Red Skull's character was very well portrayed too.

The only thing that put me off was the casting of Cap himself. Chris Evans is the Human Torch ffs! Just as well it's an Avengers film, and not an Invaders one, as both Cap and the HT are part of that group!

Good film overall, I thought. Miles better than the mess that was Thor. 7/10

The Warlords (2007) 7.5/10

Jet Li in 19th Century China rampage.

Stunning sets, fantastic battles. The combat is soooooperb (not in an 'on wires' way).

Defo worth a watch.

Chris Evans is the Human Torch ffs! Just as well it's an Avengers film, and not an Invaders one, as both Cap and the HT are part of that group!

laugh.gif Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. Not sure if you're joking on the last part but the Human Torch in the Invaders and in the Fantastic Four aren't the same person.

Also, I just got told there's a "visual guide" book for the Cabin in the Woods. Think it was about 7 quid on Amazon. That'd be pretty cool. They could have some great bonus features for the DVD though;

Like having each scenario for calling out every monster you see(like how the f**k do you get a unicorn or killer robot called?)

Fanboy alert. There's not been a good comic book film since Spiderman.

Oh really? Batman Begins, the Dark Knight, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Kick Ass, Sin City, Thor, V For vandetta(inb4 autocorrect) and Watchmen.

edit: and X-Men First Class

Edited by forehead7

Sin City is actually one of my favourite movies ever. Agree with all of them being good, outside of Iron Man 2 and Watchmen. Both of which I'd rather rub razorwire against my balls than watch.

I haven't seen Thor yet.

The Eclipse (2009)

Horror writer comes to Cobh for a writing convention. Someone sees a ghost. An old man dies. Nothing else happens.

Okay, it's only the second Irish horror I've seen, but f**k me they are terrible at this!

3/10 - as a drama it was okay, but seriously FUCK ALL happens!

Sin City is actually one of my favourite movies ever. Agree with all of them being good, outside of Iron Man 2 and Watchmen. Both of which I'd rather rub razorwire against my balls than watch.

I haven't seen Thor yet.

I like Watchmen, but it's more for Rorschach and the Comedian, who're both portrayed fantastically. I love Mickey Rourke as well. Iron Man 2 is one I'm looking forward to rewatching as I've not seen it in ages, perhaps even since it came out in the cinema but it's definitely better than Spider-man.

Day of the dead remake. 4/10 had more of a resident evil feel about it basically the zombies were a result of a dodgy experiment but they could climb walls and run fast as f**k.

On a side note mena suvari needs serious words with her agent

Watched Grave Encounters. Expected a cheap mock of Paranormal Activity with hundreds of "sudden scares" and beasts jumping out at you. Pleasantly surprised it was more of a psychological horror and apart from a few obvious moments (bathtub, tunnel, doctor) you don't really expect what's going to happen. Actually preferred this to PA and would recommend it for cheap chills. Braw!

7/10