What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hobo With A Shotgun. Tremendous fun. Following the Grindhouse and Machete form with being ridiculous. Wasn't a fan of the Abbey actress and her speech was pretty rank but Rutger Hauer was phenomenal as the Hobo. 7/10

Cabin in the Woods. Really good. Not your standard horror flick, there was a lot of nonsense thrown in which give it a light-hearted side which was nice. It was pretty good up until the third act when they started revealing shit, then it got a bit shite.

When all the lifts opened and the monster came out, that was awesome. Would've loved to have seen the robot or massive bat be the actual monster stalking the group.

8/10

Edited by forehead7

The Towering Inferno ( 1974 )

I don't imagine there's many who haven't seen or heard of this, but for the uninitiated, this is a disaster epic from the 1970s. Bunch of people trapped on the top floor of a 140 floor building. Fire breaks out on level 81. Things get harder as the night goes on. So yeah, not the most original of plots you're likely to come across, but an excellent cast ( who are excellently cast in their roles as well ) helps us as we meet a LOT of characters in the early going. Most of which play their own small part over the course of the 150 minutes of the movie. Richard Chamberlain stands out as the electrician who was ordered to cut corners and therefore caused the madness. We don't see nearly enough of him. There's a lot of nasty moments as well to add to it. The running time might be a bit long, but I can think of worse ways to spend my time.

8/10

Going to see Cabin in the woods on sunday so wont click the spoiler, though i really want to.

It wasn't a major spoiler and I sorta suspected it would happen but was definitely something cool, the moment would be even more great if you didn't know or didn't even think it'd happen.

Zulu (1964)

I really wanted to like this, the premise is good - a battle against the odds, but sadly the delivery is let down by some of the worst over-acting not done by Nicolas Cage. Most of the battle deaths are embarrassingly ham, with special effects which would have looked shit in the 40s!

It is made up for Michael Caine showing everyone else how to act, although why it's "Introducing Michael Caine" when he first had a credited role in 1956... and the stampede scene which was hilarious!

It's passable, but not by much...

6/10

When I commented on Ryan Gosling before, I hadn't seen Drive. I was just commenting on what I've seen before. I felt I had better get that sorted.

Drive ( 2011 )

Might as well start with the man himself. I don't agree with those who see him as "awkward". His character isn't the type to care how he is around others. The correct word for it is "intense". Even the word "scary" at times probably suits. Ryan Gosling plays the role to utter perfection. Some class backup from Bryan Cranston, and Ron Perlman who we don't see CLOSE to enough of. The climax is a bit underwhelming. I've seen a lot of people say it makes sense. Well it does. But it's still underwhelming. An otherwise fabulous piece of film making though.

9/10

Shadow of the Vampire (2000)

A film about the making of the German classic Nosferatu, starring well known actors like John Malkovich, Willem Dafoe, Udo Kier, Cary Elwes and Eddie Izzard.

Great idea, very similar in concept to the brilliant Ed Wood... but with utterly horrific delivery! I did like the idea of Schreck actually being a vampire... but it was so badly done that the fantastic storyline didn't really work!

3/10

Edited by SaltyTON

The Vow 1/10.

Utter, utter shite. I always make the missus sit through my films so thought I'd repay the favour and I'm glad I don't do it very often. This thing was chedball city and filled with terrible acting from every party. I gave it a 1 as Rachel McAdams is lovely and ye get to see her in her undercrackers.

Edited by 11thHour

Shame

A movie about a sex addict trying to overcome (ahem) his addiction whilst also having to deal with his sister (played by the delectable Carrie Mulligan). Not a bad film but not great either. I'd say it's one of those films you would watch once and probably never again.

5/10

Shame

A movie about a sex addict trying to overcome (ahem) his addiction whilst also having to deal with his sister (played by the delectable Carrie Mulligan). Not a bad film but not great either. I'd say it's one of those films you would watch once and probably never again.

5/10

In the most heterosexual way possible, how big is Michael Fassbender's cock? ph34r.gif(I'm fairly sure that's the relevant film)