What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Midgets Vs. Mascots (2009)

Five midgets (including Gary Coleman) take on five mascots in 30 challenges to win $1m each.

Utterly hilarious, and great for beginning to end.

Would give it my usual spoof/farce mark, but it deserves a bonus point for just being genius!

8/10

Deadfall (1993)

Nic Cage's finest performance! I demand everyone to watch it and enjoy yourselves!

NIC CAGE 10/10

FILM - N/A

A scene from the film -

Edited by Kid Twist

You have a specific mark for spoofs? Seriously?

A maximum, yes. For example, Postal should be a 10/10; but that would be ridiculous in terms of every other film, ever...

The Cold Light Of Day

Went to see this tonight. Action film with Henry Cavill and Bruce Willis in it. In a poor week for cinema it was a choice between this or Contraband, went on flixster and it said 54% of users liked Contraband whereas something ridiculous like 91% of users liked The Cold Light of Day, so it was a no contest.

Maybe having been up for work at 6am this morning, and that i was half falling asleep at some points during it, but this film was absolutely awful. I wasn't expecting an Oscar winning storyline or anything but im a sucker for CIA type movies, and usually it's a fun ride even if the plot is weak. This was the most typical point A to point B storytelling i've seen in a long time, absolutely nothing original in there at all. there was no suspense, no thrills, no real twists that enhance the storyline, poor action sequences, awful character development with absolutely nothing likeable about any of them and i genuinely couldn't have cared less about the outcome of the movie, before it happened, and after it happened.It was just generally a waste of a couple of hours. It really is difficult to mess up an action film like this to the point where it has no redeemable qualities, that don't pass the time in a semi-enjoyable way, but this film somehow manages it.

Im not sure just how bad Contraband is, but surely it can't be as bad as this. The girl i was with wanted to see Titanic 3D, and i begged and pleaded with her not to put me through that. I'd have went to every single showing of Titanic today rather than sit through that again.

bitterly disappointed, an it's left me feeling slightly jaded towards that CIA thriller genre that i've come to love in the last couple of years.

2/10

Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

Take a bad comedy (Wild West West), take out the comedy, replace Will Smith with a dreadfully wooden actor (Daniel Craig) add in a multi millionaire going through the motions (Harrison Ford) and have as little plot and character development as you possibly can... then after firing a full clip of ammo at a giant alien, beat him with a stick!

What a pile of unmitigated crap! It had a few funny moments but nothing could have saved this, except maybe the aliens taking Daniel Craig away and dumping him on the set of EastEnders where his lack of acting ability would be less likely to be noticed!

3/10

Yeah the kid actors were good. I imagine we will see more of them in the future. That personal/relationship side of the film was ok. As you say as ridiculous as an alien film is anyway, this didn't know where to go or what to do. Oh and the alien looked shite.

Yeah the kid actors were good. I imagine we will see more of them in the future. That personal/relationship side of the film was ok. As you say as ridiculous as an alien film is anyway, this didn't know where to go or what to do. Oh and the alien looked shite.

Exactly this. They developed the characters brilliantly but unfortunately forgot to develop the storyline just as well.

I caught a good 45 minutes of Thor this weekend too and it confirmed my original thoughts on this - Crap. But I watched enough to go see AVENGERS ASSEMBLE with enough knowledge about each character methinks. Even if I hated the Hulk movies too.

Avengers Assemble looks pretty gash. Also saw the trailer for the new spiderman film and I'm sort of baffled as to why it's been made. It just looks like the Sam Raimi film but without any humour.

I'm pretty much going to see Avengers Assemble for Iron Man. He's the only part of that group who's movie I enjoyed.

I'm quite looking forward to the new Spiderman movie actually. I think it has potential.

Robert Downey Jr may well be the only good thing about that film.

Can't agree with spiderman, it just seems utterly pointless. It's been done before and the whole emotional aspect the trailer was hinting at just looks dull. I may well be wrong but I am not holding out much hope for it.

Joss Whedon is directing it so you can almost bet that the dialogue and relationships between the characters will be excellent, if the Action sequences hold up then there's basically no way that The Avengers can be a bad movie.

Robert Downey Jr may well be the only good thing about that film.

Can't agree with spiderman, it just seems utterly pointless. It's been done before and the whole emotional aspect the trailer was hinting at just looks dull. I may well be wrong but I am not holding out much hope for it.

I must admit I was surprised at how quickly the series as rebooted but other franchises have been rebooted with the latest versions being much better. Maybe this one will be too. Better see some half naked Emma Stone too! 8)

American Beauty 6/10

First time. Wanted to see it for a while and thought it was going to be amazing after all the hype I'd read from the reviews. In the end I thought it was pretty meh really. Basically a guy having a mid-life crisis and becomes infatuated with a young girl. Spacey plays the role really well though which boosts the scoring, other than that I won't be rushing out to buy it any time soon.

I love American Beauty, everyone is perfectly cast and I thought the whole movie was gripping from start to finish. One of my favourites. To each his own though!

Avengers Assemble looks pretty gash. Also saw the trailer for the new spiderman film and I'm sort of baffled as to why it's been made. It just looks like the Sam Raimi film but without any humour.

Humour as in the emo Spider-man walking down the street dancing? Sam Raimi can f**k off, he's lost all credibility by making that third film, fucking gash. Tobey McGuire is overrated anyway, he didn't convey the geekiness of Spider-man enough, although I'm not sure Andrew Garfield can.

Watched THOR the other night. I'm a big Marvel fan having had tons of the comics when I was a wean, so I'm always keen to see a film adaptation.

This one, like so many others however, was utter pish.

I just couldn't get my head round the Norse God of Thunder being portrayed by someone who was in Home & Away.

Asgard was portrayed all wrong as well, just a disaster of a film from start to finish.

1/10

Watched this last night. Had so much potential, started off well but ended up a bit messy. Nice pay day for Idris Elba though who was totally wasted in his role. The whole thing seemed like a giant set up for The Avengers movie (which I actually am looking forward to) with it’s wee mentions of a scientist experimenting with gamma rays going missing and Tony Stark (when the giant robot lands on earth) Then Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye appears for a couple of minutes ...not forgetting the scene with Samuel L after the closing credits

I didn’t even realise it had been directed by Kenneth Fuckin Branagh until the end. That was a bit leftfield

Apart from the dire third film there were some light-hearted bits in the first two and the films didn't take themselves too seriously. The new one is Parker in school learning his powers and dealing with teenage angst. It sounds horrible.

There wasn't enough of that in the first film, he adjusted a bit too well to having the powers and constantly being in the papers. He's supposed to be a complete loser with only like two friends. Although I don't see how they can have it set during his school years and not have Mary Jane in it at all, fair enough they've gone the different story with his love interest but she's still got to be in it.

Saw Titanic in 3D a few months ago at a preview screening, the 3D was hardly noticable. Nice to see it on big screen though- the special effects and exciting bits are amplified well.

How many 2D conversions have there been anyway? Not many to compare it to (my #1 right now would be The Lion King)