Rugster

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I liked it but I can see why people wouldnt. It's worth a watch but does get a bit tedious near the end though.

It's obviously just not my thing, but I was actually getting angry at how shite it was (in my opinion). It just seemed like one of those movies that thought it was actually much cooler than it really was.

And Michael Cera is seriously starting to annoy me with that one character he plays.

Sunshine

I've seen it before but decided to watch it again. A decent enough movie that gives a good account of the true events it's based on.

I'd like to thank those brave individuals who lost their life in saving our planet.

7/10

The Change Up

Obviously knew what was going to happen before I even watched this film but it was quite funny in parts. Both Bateman and Reynolds were great.

7/10

Spider-man 2 was on Five last night. Better than I remember it. What I would like to point out that Elizabeth Banks is in this film! She's the assistant at the Daily Bugle. After seeing Jason Bateman in a minor role in Dodgeball, this continues the run of seeing now famous(to me at least) actors/actresses in small roles.

Fright Night (2011) 7/10

Decent enough film without being brilliant. Enjoyed Colin Farrell & David Tennant's performances. Moves along quite quickly and I enjoyed it.

The Town 8/10

Really enjoyed this, again notable performances from Ben Affleck & Jeremy Renner. Find yourself rooting for the "bad guys" in the bank robbers and really got into the story. Also, Blake Lively is involved so no complaints there.

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon 7/10

I went into this this movie with very low expectations but it turned out to be a very enjoyable movie.It take the piss out of most slasher movie cliches.

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon 7/10

I went into this this movie with very low expectations but it turned out to be a very enjoyable movie.It take the piss out of most slasher movie cliches.

I too, enjoyed this movie greatly and often preform the elbow with my good friends

Seemingly they are making a sequel but they need donations to make it a possibility.

I too heard this thanks to a "damage" guy. I always planned on donating if I won the Euromillions

HEAT = 8/10

al pacino, robert de niro, val kilmer, jon voight...

enjoyable for sure. long ass film right enough just under 3 hours.

Days Of Heaven

The only film by my favourite director that I hadn't seen, and it's one of his better ones.

The acting sets the mood of this drama as well as the direction, and Malick's impressed me once again with a unique voice-over narrative. The 20 year break between this and The Thin Red Line was well deserved.

Cinematography to die for. No doubt his third best film after The Thin Red Line and The Tree Of Life. Misses out on the big 10 because I felt it just lacked that little bit of magic a true masterpiece has sprinkled all over it. There were points when this film had it, but it wasn't as fluent.

9/10

decided to stick Snatch on last night. Havent seen it in about a year and a half.

Forgot why i love it. Patters top notch....'Sorry, i couldnt get the Bi-noc-ulars out in time':lol:

Love it.

10/10

Every grown man's guilty pleasure every few months on E4

who could complain about the looks of Lindsey Lohan back then... wink.gif

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps ( 2010 )

A worthy sequel to a very good movie. I'm a huge fan of Josh Brolin and once again he just comes across as being cool as f**k, even when he is being a massive dickhead. Michael Douglas is great again as the sort of bitter but better older version of himself. Shia Lebeouf is just not the most likeable of guys in any movie and it doesn't change much here. The plot is just about as solid as the original, and with more subplots which aren't QUITE as interesting, which is what drags it down just a touch. Credit to it though.

7/10

Schindler's List

To keep this quite simple. It's up there with the best of all time, Neeson is absolutely outstanding whilst Fiennes and Kingsley have also got to be mentioned for their roles. Spielberg does some amazing work for this film as well.

10/10

I had a wee chuckle when ghekko got his mobile phone back at the start.

Aye, that was a good wee touch.

A Nightmare on Elm Street ( 2010 )

I always try and give remakes the benefit of the doubt and allow them to be their own movie. This, however, is horrific. The new Kruger's delivery is absolutely horrific, and the face is even worse. The original Kruger was menacing. The new one looks stupid. That was always a danger of making wee changes, so can live with that, but not the delivery. That COULD be helped. Then we come to the other characters, who are basically a bunch of c***s who piss and moan every fucking second. Characters in this sort of movie are rarely happy-go-lucky given the circumstances, but they can be LIKEABLE. Add to that the fact that it just feels like any other teen slasher movie, and loses all of the creep factor that it SHOULD have, and this is very much horrible stuff.

1/10

Unthinkable ( 2010 )

One I hadn't heard of. Terrorist says he has put three nukes in three different cities. Samuel L Jackson has been asked to find out where they are at all costs. The movie appears to be saying something about using torture and what it means. The basic plot is very good though and it's carried out incredibly well. There's some right thrilling moments in there and there's times when you don't know what's coming next. It makes for a very good thriller. Samuel L Jackson's character is the real crown jewel of the piece, although the guy playing the terrorist deserves extra credit, as does Carrie-Ann Moss who makes a brilliant fist of the idealist who doesn't like where the interrogation is going. The final scenes where the title of the movie comes from really is mental.

8/10