What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I went to the cinema tonight to see Jurassic Park, showing again for two weeks.

Easily my favourite ever 'cinema film', and maybe actually my favourite film of all time. Spellbinding from start to finish.

10/10.

Rounders is on the iPlayer just now.

Top quality film. Teddy KGB(John Malkovich)'s accent was being mocked in the other thread, I didn't find it that bad tbh. I'm really starting to love Matt Damon, although I'm not a huge fan of the Bourne films he really shines in the likes of Good Will Hunting and Dogma, I also watched an interview where he defended teachers against some idiot journalist and he seems really, really smart and well spoken. Eddie Norton was also amazing in this.

It's basically a film about poker players, trying to earn money in the "secret" games around the New York area. (Rounder means someone who goes from city to city finding games of poker to play in)

edit: I'd give it an 8/10

Edited by forehead7

She's Out Of My League

This comes in at around a 4/10. It gets one point because Alice Eve is ridiculously hot. It gets another because there's a scene where she says she's got no underwear on and there's a few jokes made afterwards which are pretty funny. The remaining two are for the sporadic funny moments there are in during it.

Yeah, 4/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Absolute cinematic pleasure, it must be said. It's intense and stylish, brilliantly directed and sublimely acted. The finalé is one to contest with the finest in recent years.

Should be a cert for 2 or 3 acting noms in February as well as screenplay and I'd imagine it'll be one of the Academy's favourite 10 pictures of the year. But I'd love to see Tomas Alfredson nominated for best director.

Certainly an excellent film, thoroughly entertaining and is asking to be enjoyed over and over. Unlucky to miss out on the big 10 but that's a club too exclusive to be handing entry to any good film.

9/10

I saw this last night. Thought it was great, very atmospheric, and the directing and acting were, as you say, fantastic (although with such a stellar cast that was to be expected)... but am I educationally sub-normal or was it really really quite confusing? I'm still a bit :huh: with regards to certain bits of the plot. Maybe I ought to read the book (though I don't know how faithful an adaptaion it was, that might just muddy the waters).

Anyway, 8.5/10, losing 0.5 for excessive gore (thankfully I hadn't had my tea beforehand) and 1 for being too clever for simpletons like myself.

I saw this last night. Thought it was great, very atmospheric, and the directing and acting were, as you say, fantastic (although with such a stellar cast that was to be expected)... but am I educationally sub-normal or was it really really quite confusing? I'm still a bit :huh: with regards to certain bits of the plot. Maybe I ought to read the book (though I don't know how faithful an adaptaion it was, that might just muddy the waters).

Anyway, 8.5/10, losing 0.5 for excessive gore (thankfully I hadn't had my tea beforehand) and 1 for being too clever for simpletons like myself.

Well, I knew nothing about it before watching and still understood it. Intellectually in terms of comprehension of the story I guess it is probably on a par with something like Fight Club, but easy to keep up with when it's as gripping as it is, I found. The narrative was genius. Some will say all over the place but it worked for me.

A very rewarding film certainly. Not as much gore as some masterpieces! Did Goodfellas lose marks for that?

Cedar Rapids (2011)

Quite a strange comedy. Dunno if I'm a fan of Ed Helms. He kind of has a punchable face and plays annoying as f**k characters. John C Reilly is a prince though and was funny as usual. A few laugh out loud moments and a decent watch for a no brainer but nothing spectacular.

5/10

watching a film called chasing amy at the mo. it is so far a big pile of shite but what is most annoying thing is joey lauren adams heliumy voice.

Booo. I think it's funny. The scene with Joey Adams and Jason Lee talking about their sexual experiences was hilarious

Abduction (2011)

A pile of shite starring one of the chuffs from Twilight. From the first scene where he's on his friends car bonnet which is going at 75kph on route to a house party (because he's extreme and cool!) you just hope he gets owned. Eventually the film does turn out to be him and a hot girl running from people who are trying to kill him. I imagine you're supposed to be trying to guess who he should trust, but I was just hoping he makes the wrong choice and gets shot.

2/10

Scream 4................. 7/10................... watchable and fun.

Mary and Max.........9/10...............Easily the best animation I've seen for years, looked great, very original story and story telling method. Funny, sad and very memorable.

Abduction (2011)

A pile of shite starring one of the chuffs from Twilight. From the first scene where he's on his friends car bonnet which is going at 75kph on route to a house party (because he's extreme and cool!) you just hope he gets owned. Eventually the film does turn out to be him and a hot girl running from people who are trying to kill him. I imagine you're supposed to be trying to guess who he should trust, but I was just hoping he makes the wrong choice and gets shot.

2/10

Had never heard of this before, but it turns out that it's the one who makes Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson seem like potential Oscar candidates!

I can't stand lycans in films at the best of times, but that twat takes my dislike to extreme! :angry:

Had never heard of this before, but it turns out that it's the one who makes Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson seem like potential Oscar candidates!

I can't stand lycans in films at the best of times, but that twat takes my dislike to extreme! :angry:

Yeah, I'd never heard of it either. I just seen it under the featured films section of 1channel and took a chance. I'm sure there is a good storyline in there. But shitepus from Twilight ruins it. Not even an ageing Sigourney Weaver and Alfred Molina could save it!

Abduction (2011)

2/10

The hot girl is the daughter of Phil Collins, seriously.

Phil+Collins+Lily+Collins+Premiere+Blind+Side+eUvwpVmkWEOl.jpg

Phil looking a bit overdressed as I'm sure the invitation said no jacket requried.

Edited by drs

The Adjustment Bureau (2011)

I sat there for an hour truly hating this film, and getting angrier and angrier with everything about it, but then the realisation set in... this is exactly what they want, and it builds to the point where if the main characters didn't end up the way they do that you would be even more irked by the "Bureau".

It's actually near genius when I think about it, and for a director's first film it was really well done.

9/10

EDIT: Completely irrelevant, but I just found out that there will be a "Jumper 2". Has there even been a more valid excuse for spree killers?

Edited by SaltyTON

Red Planet (2001)

Carrie-Anne Moss and Val Kilmer in Sci-Fi played by the numbers guff that has characters acting out of, er, character a complete disregard for physics and a predictable ending (which I won't give away). It's a few years old so the plot is going to sound a decade out of date, but for what it's worth Earth is dying after we have poisoned it so we decided to send unmanned capsules of algae to Mars in some attempt to terraform the atmosphere and after 20 years or so a team of scientists are sent to find out how it's going. Safe to say nothing quite goes to plan however even when disaster and/or tragedy strikes nobody seems to care and the protagonists deal with situations as calmly as they were pouring themselves a cup of coffee and let some spill. Characters exist merely to deliver the odd line or to add a bit of scenery and even if you can get past the dreadful script the complete disregard for any laws of physics will annoy you (well, it annoyed me at least) to the point of apathy.

All in all? 4/10 purely for at least having a fairly recognisable cast and a decent enough budget so the special effects don't suck. Enough to waste a couple of hours? Sure if you have some alcohol, soft drugs or a partner willing to indulge in some lurid sexual display so you don't need to give the film your full attention.

Edited by Ric