What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Fun, and definitely better than the last one. Okay, the nonsense with the coconut trees probably deserves a mark off, but the rest made up for it!

7/10

I'm surprised at the critical panning this has taken. To me, it's by far the best of the sequels and close in spirit to the first one.

Hobo with a Shotgun

Quite a fun film with some hideous deaths in it. Can anyone tell me what i've heard the song off at the end credits please? I was thinking The Racoons but I may be way off!

7.5/10 for the film.

Racoons it is. A nod to the fact they're both Canadian productions I think.

Hobo with a Shotgun

Quite a fun film with some hideous deaths in it. Can anyone tell me what i've heard the song off at the end credits please? I was thinking The Racoons but I may be way off!

7.5/10 for the film.

It's similar to the cannibal holocaust theme.

TrollHunter (2010)

The Scandinavians like their comedy horror/fantasy! It seems like the original Troll in the comedy sense, and is a great film.

Not quite as good as Dead Snow, but pretty close!

Fear the rimtosser!

The guy that wrote Gremlins and directed the first two Harry Potter films has bought the US remake rights already... :(

8/10

Been off work on holiday n picked up a few films.

JACKASS 3D:

Funny, daft stunts, your just watchin to see whos doin what next. Lol'd at most parts,,,,

Same old same old tho 6/10

CITY OF GOD:

Decided to watch it again. Brilliant film. Love it. Could watch it again straight after watching it. Love Benny in it, What a guy!!

9.5/10

Donnie Brasco:

Another one ive seen before but was soo long ago. LOve Jonny Depp in it. Pacinos funny right enough coz he just seems to shout a lot lol....

8/10

You Got Served:

Seen it but decided to watch it again since people were talkin about stomp the yard being on. Dance Scene at the end is superb and kinda brought the whole Street Dance to prominence.

7/10

Watched a couple more aswell.... get round to it.

Going to see "Drive" tonight and really looking forward to it. Will report back at some point. Would like to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Warrior as well though.

Drive - 8/10

Read very good things about this before I went and I wasn't disappointed. Maybe the only criticism is that its a bit of a slow starter but the story really cranks up towards the middle with some pretty brutal violent scenes. Good performances all round and a very enjoyable film.

I thought I was the only person who disliked that movie.

Saving Private Ryan could have been great. Unfortunately the story-line was pish. Was great in parts (especially the first 20 mins) but the underlying problem was that I couldnt give a shit if they found him or not. It just seemed like a feeble end-goal.

Edited by Dariusz

It's the same! laugh.gif

I knew you meant the opening credits, I was only joshing you. ;)

They're not quite identical but it's clearly meant to be associated with it. He lifted the actual Cannibal Holocaust theme for his superb 16 minute short Treevenge which can be seen in full on youtube. It's a great piece of music.

I knew you meant the opening credits, I was only joshing you. ;)

They're not quite identical but it's clearly meant to be associated with it. He lifted the actual Cannibal Holocaust theme for his superb 16 minute short Treevenge which can be seen in full on youtube. It's a great piece of music.

f**k you! wink.gif haha

Source Code (2011)

Absolute gibberish, but watchable and quite fun. Repeating the same over again becomes tiresome, but necessary to build up the information required to put the story together.

Gyllenhaal is, however, barely passable as a human being...

6/10

BAD BOYS 2:

I think its even better than the first one. Jordi Molla adds more to the film than Tcheky Karyo does in first one. Great banter between them. I enjoy it. 8/10

ACE VENTURA: PER DETECTIVE:

Nothing beats a good dvd. My favourite Jim Carrey film, laughed my head off. Finkel n Einhorn, Einhorn n Finkel, EINHIRN IS FINKEL, FINKEL IS EINHORN....IENHORNS A MAN.... #PLUNGER :lol: 8/10

TIME TO KILL:

Film 4 last night.

Quite simply brilliant. Fantastic cast, fantastic story line, fantastic acting, fantastic film. One of my faves. And not scared to say i shed a tear. The final scene with McConoughey(sp) is epic. 10/10

Source Code (2011)

Absolute gibberish, but watchable and quite fun. Repeating the same over again becomes tiresome, but necessary to build up the information required to put the story together.

Gyllenhaal is, however, barely passable as a human being...

6/10

This film drove me mad. I was sick of it by the time it started over for the third time.

The Kids Are All Right (2010)

Nice enough wee film, but has nothing to make it stand out from the thousands of films released each year. Not sure how it managed to convince the Academy to nominate it for FOUR Oscars this year!

Definitely my least favourite of the nominees for Best Picture that I have seen!

6/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Absolute cinematic pleasure, it must be said. It's intense and stylish, brilliantly directed and sublimely acted. The finalé is one to contest with the finest in recent years.

Should be a cert for 2 or 3 acting noms in February as well as screenplay and I'd imagine it'll be one of the Academy's favourite 10 pictures of the year. But I'd love to see Tomas Alfredson nominated for best director.

Certainly an excellent film, thoroughly entertaining and is asking to be enjoyed over and over. Unlucky to miss out on the big 10 but that's a club too exclusive to be handing entry to any good film.

9/10