What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Red Riding Hood (2011)

A 12A rated version of French fairy tale, so much more like the Grimm version than the original!

This version has been moved more into popular culture by making the Big Bad Wolf into a werewolf... adding in Gary Oldman (Dracula) really didn't work though as he overacts so badly in this, and his death was the worst bit of acting I've seen from him!

Was watchable, but the way the Grimm tales are written, they suit more to horrors and much more violent films than this watered down attempt!

5/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Jurassic Park

I've seen it countless times before, in fact it was a childhood favourite of mine. However on big screen this evening it got even more spectacular. I recommend it to everyone who loves the film, it's showing in Cineworld all week.

Yes, it is a CGI revolution and a family blockbuster extravaganza, but I prefer to look at it as an epic adaptation of the classic "haunted house" story, combined with the devious thriller edge that Steven Spielberg can conjure up deliciously. It's Spielberg that spares no expense; everything about the film is jaw-dropping. We jump right in at the deep end and seldom slow down, indeed when the action does lose pace it's to make room for the breathtaking special effects, John Williams' magnificent score or spectacular acting from the dream cast particularly Sam Neill and Laura Dern. I don't often find myself nodding my head along to film but this film does it for me. It seems to flow effortlessly with tension, humour, scares and thrills. This is what pure entertainment is.

I prefer it to Jaws, E.T. and Raiders. It's my #2 'berg film, 10/10

The Godfather part 2 - 10/10

Not seen it in the last year but I still love the film and I believe it is the best in the trilogy

The first time I watched the trilogy I was convinced part two was over hyped and was certain the first was the best. But as I've grown older and watched them a few times, I'd have to agree with the majority now. Part two is absolutely amazing!

The first time I watched the trilogy I was convinced part two was over hyped and was certain the first was the best. But as I've grown older and watched them a few times, I'd have to agree with the majority now. Part two is absolutely amazing!

Most people I know still think the first one was the best

Saving Private Ryan

I had never seen this before so was looking forward to it.

Was it just me or did it not make sense? At the start theres the auld geezer at the cemetery looking at the crosses. The camera zooms in to his face as he has a flashback to the story and he becomes a younger man in the war, Tom Hanks.

Then at the end of the story Tom Hanks dies, and once the war story is done we see the old guy again and realise that he is not in fact Tom Hanks character as an old man but Matt Damons character.

It's 2 and a half hours of blood and violence followed by 10 minutes of sentimental pish.

5/10

Can you tell I'm not keen on war films?

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Straw Dogs

Hmm. It's really weird. Basically Dustin Hoffman marries an English girl and they move to this wee town where the townsfolk start messing about with him. Then the wife gets raped and then a lynch mob try to get the rapist(for a suspected murder) and Hoffman is protecting him(he doesn't know he raped his wife). Very surreal.

It's alright. 5/10

I heard they're remaking this with James Marsden(guy that played Cyclops in the X-Men films). That'll be a 2/10 effort then! laugh.gif

Saving Private Ryan

I had never seen this before so was looking forward to it.

Was it just me or did it not make sense? At the start theres the auld geezer at the cemetery looking at the crosses. The camera zooms in to his face as he has a flashback to the story and he becomes a younger man in the war, Tom Hanks.

Then at the end of the story Tom Hanks dies, and once the war story is done we see the old guy again and realise that he is not in fact Tom Hanks character as an old man but Matt Damons character.

It's 2 and a half hours of blood and violence followed by 10 minutes of sentimental pish.

5/10

Can you tell I'm not keen on war films?

I thought I was the only person who disliked that movie.