What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Inception - 10/10

Bloody loved it. Dreams within a dream within a dream. Has Di Caprio done a bad film yet?? I prob wont watch it again tho coz ill end up thinkin too much into the whole dream thing :lol: . Very enjoyable. Best film ive seen since The Dark Knight Premiere. Mr C Nolan - Take a bow!

Watched it last night and have to agree with that, I thought it was fantastic. 10 out of 10 for me aswell.

Monsters Inc.

Hadn't seen it before this morning, and it's instantly one of my Pixar favourites. Those lads seriously know how to make films, look no further for the most consistent production company around.

Absolutely brilliant stuff; wonderful and original, great chemistry between Goodman and Crystal (even though you don't even see them), it's hilarious and heartbreaking, and it's easily top 5 material on the Pixar list (probably third behind Up and Wall-E). Lacked the fluency and finesse of a 10/10 but I enjoyed it so much more than most 9s.

Using that logic, 9.5/10.

Isn't the purpose of this website to encourage discussion and allow freedom to express opinion?

I do not mind one bit ppl expressing why they liked or didnt like a film, and disagreeing with others, and makin valid points. But when people just openly say no, you're wrong, and leave it at that and try to explain why your wrong. Its opinion.

They should try show why the thought it was oppostie of what you thought. Give positive/negative angle on it.

Inception - 10/10

Bloody loved it. Dreams within a dream within a dream. Has Di Caprio done a bad film yet??

The Man in the Iron Mask.

Leonardo Di Caprio, Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, Gerard Depardieu, Gabriel Byrne and Hugh Laurie, yet Randall Wallace writes this crappy screenplay for them... bear in mind the first cinematic screenplay he wrote was Braveheart... his next two were then this shite and Pearl Harbor!

The image of the fat naked Depardieu running across the courtyard is one which will need an operation to remove from my mind! :barf

That and Titanic. It was rubbish

I did not fancy this at all but been intrigued by reviews. I didn't enjoy super 8 and for some reason the trailers reminded me of it.

same with me. let's see what's what. if the bird will see it i'm there

But when people just openly say no, you're wrong, and leave it at that and try to explain why your wrong.

Nobody has said "no, you're wrong". They've called Inception crap and left it at that, and I didn't even go as far as to call it crap. If you can't take that then maybe message boards aren't for you.

On the subject of Titanic, I didn't mind it. Didn't want to give it the time of day and then decided "why not?" and it turned out to be actually decent. Not the mind blower that everyone hyped it as, but not the most dreadful way to spend your time either.

One of the more dreadful ways to spend your time would be Black Sunday ( 2010 ) which I watched last night. Old shenanigans about this group who do "god's work" going to some village that can raise the dead or some shit like that. I'll be honest. I completely lost interest in what the plot was about as I was too busy getting annoyed by the movie. So it gets a 1/10 from me.

Nobody has said "no, you're wrong". They've called Inception crap and left it at that, and I didn't even go as far as to call it crap. If you can't take that then maybe message boards aren't for you.

On the subject of Titanic, I didn't mind it. Didn't want to give it the time of day and then decided "why not?" and it turned out to be actually decent. Not the mind blower that everyone hyped it as, but not the most dreadful way to spend your time either.

One of the more dreadful ways to spend your time would be Black Sunday ( 2010 ) which I watched last night. Old shenanigans about this group who do "god's work" going to some village that can raise the dead or some shit like that. I'll be honest. I completely lost interest in what the plot was about as I was too busy getting annoyed by the movie. So it gets a 1/10 from me.

pfffft. shame u think its juts singled at that. just on everyones opinions. . . .try and make it relevant. turns pout message boards are for me laddy.

It did just end at that though. StandFree said "Two very over-rated movies there" and I said Inception was "not good". Nobody said you were wrong about liking either.

As for Inception, the plot was muddled at best. The performances on the whole were dreadful, with Ellen Page being the worst offender. Only DiCaprio managed to be any good. It was FAR too long and while the movie looks spectacular at points, it just drags on.

As I said, The Dark Knight is one I can totally get the love for. I just found it boring. Not much else to be said about that.

Di Caprio's wife is one of the most annoying characters I have seen in a long time. An absolute ringpiece.

Jesus wept. I forgot about that. Onto a far, far more positive note...

Conviction ( 2010 )

A couple of movies I've watched recently have flirted with full marks. One has finally nailed it. I've already showed my love for simple flicks and this was that. Guy gets the jail for a murder. Sister thinks he didn't do it. Goes to law school and tries to get him out. Ya know, I always try hard and find reasons not to give a full score to a movie, and I can't think of anything here. Perfectly paced. The characters are all quite good. The score for it is nice, and the plot is simple. Sometimes that isn't enough, but it was just so brilliantly carried out that I just can't justify taking anything away. Looking at what I have left to watch from 2010, it looks like this is the best movie of the year. Brilliant.

10/10

Di Caprio's wife is one of the most annoying characters I have seen in a long time. An absolute ringpiece.

Jesus wept. I forgot about that. Onto a far, far more positive note...

Conviction ( 2010 )

A couple of movies I've watched recently have flirted with full marks. One has finally nailed it. I've already showed my love for simple flicks and this was that. Guy gets the jail for a murder. Sister thinks he didn't do it. Goes to law school and tries to get him out. Ya know, I always try hard and find reasons not to give a full score to a movie, and I can't think of anything here. Perfectly paced. The characters are all quite good. The score for it is nice, and the plot is simple. Sometimes that isn't enough, but it was just so brilliantly carried out that I just can't justify taking anything away. Looking at what I have left to watch from 2010, it looks like this is the best movie of the year. Brilliant.

10/10

Can I suggest you watch "My Name Is Khan" from 2010? You may not think it to be better/equal to conviction but it has similar themes to what you have described, so think you would enjoy it. Storyline and plot are completely on a different planet, but I think it works just as well.

Edited by SaltyTON

The Experiment ( 2010 )

Forest Whittaker is one of the most miscast actors EVER here. His character should have been a sinister b*****d and the outlandish Whittaker is just not right here. Not right at all. I think this takes away a LOT of the power in this movie, because someone else in that role could have made a lot of difference to this. The scene in the toilet is just ridiculous. He does get the control freak side of the character down but it needed more than that. I can't believe I've wasted so much time talking about one guy in the movie, but I really do think he single handedly turned what could have been a really good movie into a thumbs slightly up one. Oh, and the "where's my music?" bit is possibly the most hilarious unintentional bit of comedy since Cage in The Wicker Man.

Outside of all of that, I thought it was pretty well carried out. Not sure it was a waste. Maybe somebody will come along and make a better one but this one was good enough. I don't think the intention was for it to ever be a classic. I thought the way things escalated was pretty realistic and the way certain more sinister characters swung things to their favour was good. Chance wasted? Probably on one count which I've covered in some detail. The rest? I can live with.

6/10

Anyway watched few films yesterday / last night.

Life as we know it.

Katherine Heigl & Josh Duhamel.

Enjoyable, tear-jerker. But good comedy aswell. Same old story but good.

7/10.

City Of God

Brilliant film. Never thought i would like it due to subtitles but immense viewing from start to finish. Would watch again and again and again.

9.5/10

American Pie: The Naked Mile

Seen it many times, as i have the boxset of all 7, but watched it again. Funny in parts. Obviously isnt the same without original cast but i like The Stiffler Cousin Dwight.(Steve Dalley). Good film to pass time. Just until The Dispatches thing came on.

6/10

Back to back film4 marathon last night.

Shooter

Was a decent enough movie if not pretty generic and predictable yet unrealistic. Good film if you want to just shut your brain off and get sucked into the plot.

7/10

Lucky Number Sleven

Cracking film. Lots of plots and sub plots and twists and turns. Some really good performances as well which make it all the better.

8.5/10