What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Ive mentioned this before in either this thread or another, but I really dont get the love-in for In Bruges. Its not a bad film, but not really much better than "ok". Most of it is like a bad episode of Father Ted.

I didn't really enjoy In Bruges at all. Too many weak jokes and any film that needs a midget in order to be funny doesn't do it for me. I wouldn't watch it again.

It was called Logorama it is superb.

I don't know what to make of that, but I'm in the mood for Pringles.

Edit- Is it a short film, aye? I found it on the internet here; Logorama

Edit again - That was really good.

Edited by Smurph

The Marine 2 (Video 2009)

Don't get me wrong there's fighting and explosions so it's watchable and vaguely entertaining, but Jesus Christ does Ted DiBiase make John Cena seem like Kevin Spacey! He's more wooden than David Caruso!

The acting and the script is just terrible, and the teleport of the army guy into the compound to handily turn up just when DiBiase needs him is just taking the piss!

Although this was bad, I await The Marine 3 with anticipation. Jim Harris will be immense in the title role! :D

3/10

Any Given Sunday

Due to the NFL regular season beginning soon i thought i would some American Football movies to get me in the mood, first thing i noticed was the all star cast featured Al Pacino, Cameron Diaz, Dennis Quaid, Jamie Foxx, James Woods, LL Cool J, Matthew Modine, John C. McGinley,Charlton Heston, Ann-Margret, Lauren Holly, Bill Bellamy, Lela Rochon, Aaron Eckhart, Elizabeth Berkley, Marty Wright and loads of ex-NFL players as well.

The plot is typical of any sports movie, star Quarterback gets injured and the inexperienced guy has to take over. slowly the team starts to gel and everything becomes good, the new QB becomes a bit arrogant and the chemistry looks like it's going to fall apart. But the coach inspires the team they get to the playoffs, coming from behind to win to get to the championship game which they then lose. But it shows how the team have grown together and now care about each other and are a team once again...

plus points:

Pacino in general is good and gives a great motivational speech

Cameron Diaz looks mighty fine

John C McGinley plays basically Dr Cox but if he were a journalist

"Big Hits"

a decent watch but nothing exactly worth going out your way to see, a bit too long so the ending becomes rushed ( don't even see the championship game). Friday night lights is miles better

5/10

The Orphanage (2007)

Well that was just disappointing, I saw a Spanish film created by Guillermo Del Toro... but he had f**k all to do with this disjointed attempt at Peter Pan!

The director has done nothing since then, but is now making The Impossible with Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts... sounds about right, as this had too many "oh, well that's fucking convenient" moments in it!

The story itself works, but then a man from Angus showed that over a century ago... but the delivery is severely lacking!

6/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Kill List

I'd largely ignored the hype but was still intrigued enough to see this British 'horror' on the opening night. It didn't start off very well and, despite myself, I gradually got into it. If it had finished after about an hour I may even have considered giving it an over-genrous five without much justification. But when the whole surprising/scary end segment kicks in I felt like walking out. Unimaginative bollocks is the fairest way to put it.

As soon as masked people start appearing with burning torches and some of them are completely naked you know it's all going very cult freakish and TEDIOUS. Oooh how weird, disturbing and scary - I don't think so.

2/10

Edited by Satans_Husband

The Marine 2 (Video 2009)

Don't get me wrong there's fighting and explosions so it's watchable and vaguely entertaining, but Jesus Christ does Ted DiBiase make John Cena seem like Kevin Spacey! He's more wooden than David Caruso!

The acting and the script is just terrible, and the teleport of the army guy into the compound to handily turn up just when DiBiase needs him is just taking the piss!

Although this was bad, I await The Marine 3 with anticipation. Jim Harris will be immense in the title role! :D

3/10

I've seen this and it was soooo much better than The Marine and this was much better than I thought it would be. It was one of those good shite films, I mean there are good films and shite films and then good shite films.

I'd say 6/10 is about right, I thought it was decent enough.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Dodgeball

I fucking love this movie. Every couple of minutes and I'm howling.

The whole thing is just hilarious.

Having watched the entire catalogue of Arrested Development since my last viewing, I only now realised that Jason Bateman is in it. Everyone of his lines was amazing as well.

9/10