What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Primal I think was thr name of the movie I watched last night. It started at about midnight on Film4 so I thought i'd give it a shot whilst I became tired.

It was about some Aussie 20 somethings searching the outback for some old paintings on a wall.

There's some mysterious cave which they pass through where the paintings are and then strange events start happening.

The film was garbage. I'll not bother going into the plot because it kept changing. There was a scene where a plant monster shagged a woman though. What have I seen that on before?

Two points gained for some tits and two women using the word 'c**t'.

2/10

Inception is over-long, over-rated and up it's own arse. Good at times, but generally just a pain in the arse.

The Wolfman ( 2010 )

This isn't any of the above, other than the pain in the arse. It's seemingly been rated about right by most though. It's simply not very good, with a disappointing turn from Del Toro being so bad that it's good. I say disappointing because you DO expect actual good things from Benicio Del Toro. Anyways, this one is one for the "stay away" column.

2/10

"Somehow Ken, I believe the balance will tip ever so slightly in the favour of culture. Like a big, fat, fucking retarded black girl on a see-saw.....opposite a dwarf"

Genius. Another good example of Farrell's comedic ability is Intermission. Great film.

Intermission is a fantastic film. Especially once I realised it was Farrell singing the end credit song, which worked very well with the plot of the film.

Unstoppable ( 2010 )

I hope that more movies in the future are as basic as this one. Underneath the pace of the movie is a simple story about two guys avoiding a runaway train and then doing what they can to stop it, and not much else going on. Two decent characters in the two main roles with a bunch of other guys who just happen to be in the movie and help things along. Basically a terrific ride from start to finish.

9/10

Unstoppable ( 2010 )

I hope that more movies in the future are as basic as this one. Underneath the pace of the movie is a simple story about two guys avoiding a runaway train and then doing what they can to stop it, and not much else going on. Two decent characters in the two main roles with a bunch of other guys who just happen to be in the movie and help things along. Basically a terrific ride from start to finish.

9/10

Cos it's a Denzel film man!

Unstoppable ( 2010 )

9/10

Very entertaining film, and no vampires or wizards in sight!

Edge of Darkness ( 2010 )

I rounded off a movie heavy free day with this Mel Gibson thriller. I'm a sucker for conspiracy thrillers so it's no surprise that I was into this. There is some right brutality in this one and the climax reminded me a lot of Cop Land in it's execution.

7/10

Inception is over-long, over-rated and up it's own arse. Good at times, but generally just a pain in the arse.

The Wolfman ( 2010 )

This isn't any of the above, other than the pain in the arse. It's seemingly been rated about right by most though. It's simply not very good, with a disappointing turn from Del Toro being so bad that it's good. I say disappointing because you DO expect actual good things from Benicio Del Toro. Anyways, this one is one for the "stay away" column.

2/10

Another film which meets the Academy criteria of being exceptionally shite, but still winning an Oscar for either special effects or make-up.

Seriously, look through the last ten years and see some of the crap that has one the awards that have feck all to do with acting!

A Town Called Panic [Panique au Village] (2009)

A French film with English subtitles. It was animated in a similar style to the Cravendale adverts and obviously it never ran smoothly, but that made it even better. It was so simplistic, the dialogue wasn't important in any way, but as a movie on a whole it was fantastic.

8/10

Leonardo Di Caprio is becoming one of my favourite actors for sure.

Me and my mate were talking last night about how good he is at picking his role. Going through his back catalogue i like almost every film he's done.

Watched Inception last night.

Not really sure to be honest, I enjoyed it but didn't think it was as good as people have told me it is. Di Caprio's wife was a massive pain in the arse. The effects were good and the idea was interesting but it just sort of lacked something for me.

7/10.

I watched this last night and would probably agree with your rating. I bought right into it,

and actually forget they were on the plane when they originally "went under". I thought the scenario that had the van hitting the water was "real life".

Quite liked the ending too.

Also, I love Tom Hardy. He's becoming one of my favourite actors.

A Town Called Panic [Panique au Village] (2009)

A French film with English subtitles. It was animated in a similar style to the Cravendale adverts and obviously it never ran smoothly, but that made it even better. It was so simplistic, the dialogue wasn't important in any way, but as a movie on a whole it was fantastic.

8/10

I watched this last week, it was superb. Also watched another animated which I can't remember what it is called, but it was superb also.

Planet of the Apes (1968)

I loved the religious imagery, and the use of "God" by the "church" to explain away science without disproving anything. Done well, and without overkill.

I also like the fact that it doesn't answer anything, making you eager to see the next part of the series.

Not perfect, not even the best film of 1968, but bloody good!

9/10

Planet of the Apes (1968)

I loved the religious imagery, and the use of "God" by the "church" to explain away science without disproving anything. Done well, and without overkill.

I also like the fact that it doesn't answer anything, making you eager to see the next part of the series.

Not perfect, not even the best film of 1968, but bloody good!

9/10

Yup. Much better than the sequel as well. Heston>all other POTA actors.

----------------

Smoking Aces

Although I was watching it with mates who persist on talking through films or come halfway through the film and decide to talk through it because they haven't seen the start or who go for a bath in the middle so come back at the end and ask what happened, it was still an enjoyable watch. Such a star-studded cast. Piven, Reynolds, Liotta, Keys, García, Affleck. An awesome, weird Lost reunion with Nestor Carbonell, Matthew Fox and Kevin Durand also turning up.

Really good acting and M Night Shamalan would be proud:

A solid 7/10. Probably rewatch it in a couple of weeks on my own without arseholes disturbing the viewing.