What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Shutter - 7/10 - some good scenes but it all seems to similar to stuff done before.

Cronos - 5/10 - Good idea but let down by some terrible dialogue and acting, mainly from the Americans.

Shutter - 7/10 - some good scenes but it all seems to similar to stuff done before.

Very generous, it was pretty guff... but I'm guessing it was quite similar to the film "Shutter" which it was a remake of? :P

That twat from Dawson's Creek is a horrible actor! <_<

I generally don't like Farrell.

But he's fucking hilarious in this.

"I can't see! I can't see!"

"Course you can't fucking see. I just shot a blank in your fucking eyes."

Pishing myself.

It's one hell of a film, 10/10 from me as well.

I love it when he's ripping the pish out of the american family then the guy starts chasing him.

Watched a couple of films the other day.

Inbetweeners 9/10, its a must see if you liked the TV show. There's a thread already open for it else where.

Legendary 3/10, its a WWE studio's film. Nuff said laugh.gif

Jonah Hex (2010)

I was looking forward to seeing this one, but it was a bit of a let down in all honesty. The entire thing was a bit meh. That's not to say it was terrible, it wasn't, it just failed to live up to my own hype.

My first problem is it wasn't long enough, it all ended a bit abruptly.

It's another comic book adaptation that has failed to live up to the hype and could have been so much better. I mean the actual story is a cracking idea and to adapt it to a film sounds amazing but it just isn't.

A saving factor for me is the casting, I'm a huge Josh Brolin fan and he is very good in this, it's just been put together pretty poorly. aia mean it lasted an hour and twenty minutes.....half of which was either spent with people just saying the name Jonah Hex (seriously I lost count at about 130 odds) and scenes with Megan Fox just because it was Megan Fox. To be honest, there was no need for her character other than the fact that it was her playing it.

They fucked up by cutting out half of the back story from the comic books, the character would have been so much better.

A pretty meh effort.

6/10

Good to see some In Bruges chat, fabulous film.

The Guard certifies the McDonagh brothers as filmmaking heavyweights, Ireland's answer to the Coens. It's a matter of time before they haul home some Oscars.

Both of those score a very secure 9/10, I'll need to see The Guard again though.

Legendary 3/10, its a WWE studio's film. Nuff said laugh.gif

The Marine 2 is one of the greatest films ever made.

-----

Saw American History X last night. Holy shit it was good. Eddie Norton, while he's apparently an absolute c**t, was amazing in it. After watching Fight Club before it, it turned into a coincidental Norton love-in.

Really good acting from him. Loved Ethan Suplee in it as well (the big fat dude). The guy who played Dr Sweeney and the kid were really good as well. The character development from Norton is fantastic as well. Two small gripes:

Norton's crying at the end wasn't convincing at all, really obviously fake.

Norton's conflict with the Skinheads didn't really get resolved.

Other that those it was fantastic, 8/10.

I've seen Fight Club before but it's still fantastic. 7/10.

Who incidentally now, isn't fat and has lost 200+ pounds.

I know. Because of the link with Kevin Smith he was on one of his podcasts and he was chatting to Smith and Jason Mewes. He's on a crazy diet and cycles an absolute shit tonne now.

I just thought he was My Name Is Earl type weight but then I watched Road Trip and realised that he was even bigger(and obviously now American History X which is a couple of years before Road Trip). Commendable effort from the big man, even if he is a Scientologist tongue.gif

even if he is a Scientologist tongue.gif

And, despite not wearing a tie, buttoning his shirt to the top! <_<

EDIT: Who knew that Matthew Horne was a P&B user?

Edited by SaltyTON

Timecrimes (2007)

Strange Spanish cycle mystery. I think this could have quite well if they made it a horror, although it has one of the worst endings to a cycle that I've ever seen. It was pretty clear that they knew they had taken it too far and couldn't come to a conclusion that didn't leave shitloads of holes in the story... so they just ended it in a cut to music!

5/10

Is 12 Rounds a WWE movie? Very entertaining stuff.

Knight and Day ( 2010 )

Incredible fun to be had here. Some good laughs all over the place. The first half hour is brilliant, as are the constant druggings and what comes after them.

Cameron Diaz waking up to find Tom Cruise swinging back and forward saying "it's not as bad as it looks!" and then fading out and back in to Tom Cruise on a plane going all over the shop screaming "We're almost clear!" is brilliant.

Was also well pleased to see Marc Blucas. Take out the braincells and just sit back and enjoy it.

8/10

:o

He actually looks unwell skinny :lol:

Watched Shutter Island last night. 9/10.

Had seen it before and always thought it wouldnt be as good on the second watch as I knew everything about the story but it was still a great watch. Leonardo Di Caprio is becoming one of my favourite actors for sure.