What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Boring me now; on ignore you go, Toohill.

Oh, and using italics to repeat the same word within a sentence, in a different context. :rolleyes:

Awwww, upset much Anders? :lol:

You used italics on three words, incidentally. :lol:

Edited by Rugster

Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Absolutely loved this. Watched the first two of the original franchise last week and picked up a bunch of wee callbacks to them:

• Franco and Labine were calling Caesar's mother "Bright Eyes", that's what the Apes called Heston in the first film.
  • Franco's dad was called Charlton Rodman. Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowell were in the original films.
  • Draco Malfoy's character was Dodge Landon, those were the surnames of Heston's crew in the first one.
  • Dodge Landon also said one of the apes was called Cornilla, the two who helped Heston were called Cornilius and Zira, combination of the two.
  • There was a news report about a spaceship called Icarus going to Mars, same name as the ship which crashed onto the Planet of the Apes.
  • Dodge Landon also says "its a madhouse, a madhouse" and "take your stinking hands off me you damn, dirty ape"

I loved it though, really good acting from Franco and the motions of Caesar were really good so kudos to Andy Serkis, master of the motion capture suit!

I do agree that there has to be another one.

I really really enjoyed this too, one of the best films I've seen in a while.

Most of what I liked has been mentioned already, so I'll say something that hasn't.

I really liked how when Caesar was about to climb the Redwood, he still turned round and looked at Franco for permission, and when he nodded his head, Caesar started climbing. It was a nice touch.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

I really really enjoyed this too, one of the best films I've seen in a while.

Most of what I liked has been mentioned already, so I'll say something that hasn't. I really liked how when Caesar was about to climb the Redwood, he still turned round and looked at Franco for permission, and when he nodded his head, Caesar started climbing. It was a nice touch.

I think that summed up the whole movie nicely.

When Caeser said "NO!" to Malfoy I said "wtf" out loud and a few people looked at me funny. I really got into it. :lol:

Edited by GingerSaint

I think that summed up the whole movie nicely.

When Caeser said "NO!" to Malfoy I said "wtf" out loud and a few people looked at me funny. I really got into it. :lol:

Yeah, cause of the over-use of the line before I was sort of like "ugh, that again" then he says that and it's "holy shit, what?!?"

I'd actually give In Bruges 10/10. Colin Farrell is superb in it, as is Gleeson.

"I'm sorry for calling you an inanimate object. I was upset" :lol:

I generally don't like Farrell.

But he's fucking hilarious in this.

"I can't see! I can't see!"

"Course you can't fucking see. I just shot a blank in your fucking eyes."

Pishing myself.

I'd actually give In Bruges 10/10. Colin Farrell is superb in it, as is Gleeson.

Agreed, brilliantly hilarious! Wanting to see the new Gleeson film - The Guard???

An Education 7/10

Carey Mulligan as the schoolgirl who gets whisked off her feet by older man. It was OK, not brilliant.

I have seen the trailer at the cinema a few times and don't really fancy it. For some reason the bit where he says "I only thought drug dealers were black fellas. And Mexicans", just seems like something he would never say. Why Mexicans?

That's part of his character. He says a lot of things that you assume he knows are plain dumb. I can't remember the precise quote but Don Cheadle says to him that he can't work out if he's really dumb or really smart and that's a key part to the whole plot. I can't remember if I've rated it on here but I'd probably make it a 5 or 6/10. It's got some good parts and could have been a much better film but it's a bit of a mess and ultimately not very satisfying. I haven't seen In Bruge yet so I couldn't say if the claims that it's 'In Bruge light' are accurate or not.

'I mean no disrespect, but you're a c**t. You're a c**t now, and you've always been a c**t. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger c**t. Maybe have some more c**t kids'

In Bruges is indeed probably a 10. Both of them are superb.

"Why did you not wave hello to me back der when I waved hello to you back der?"

"Two manky hookers and a racist dwarf. I'm off to bed."

Last I saw was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. 7/10 pretty good. Franco was good in it, like him.

In Bruges.

It's awesome.

Go watch it.

9/10.

"Somehow Ken, I believe the balance will tip ever so slightly in the favour of culture. Like a big, fat, fucking retarded black girl on a see-saw.....opposite a dwarf"

Genius. Another good example of Farrell's comedic ability is Intermission. Great film.