What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

You can do this on an iphone? pray tell...

Download an app called VLC, and you can drag avi (and possibly mpeg) files direct from your PC hard drive onto your iPhone via the app browser thingy on itunes.

You watch them via the VLC app on yer phone. I put a load of Family Guy's I downloaded onto mine when I went to Oz in March

Unstoppable.

A runaway train is tearing through Pennyslvania and is carrying some toxic chemicals. Denzel Washington and his sidekick have to save the day.

Totally unbelievable, but good enough to pass an hour and a half. 6/10

The Room (2003)

For those that have never seen this film, I genuinely cannot recommend it highly enough.

Make no mistake, The Room is unquestionably the worst film ever made, everything about it is truly atrocious, the acting is terrible, the dialogue is absurd, the music is awful, the entire plot is completely non-sensical; there is not one single part of this film that has been made with any quality whatsoever, and it's that reason that makes the room an absolute delight. If one part of it had been horrific and the rest was ok, it would make for terrible viewing, but because every single element is so sensationally bad it becomes a joy to watch. Somehow, someway, the sheer scale of atrociousness of every aspect meshes together to create something fantastic. Easily the most enjoyable hour and forty minutes' viewing I've had in quite some time.

0/10 / 10/10

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

I went to the cinema yesterday with high expectation but I felt a little let down at the end. It was good, but not great. I read the book again just before I went to see it and I just feel that the film missed out a lot of key parts in the book and changed to many scenes around, when they were already fine like they originally were. The ending just felt a little bit rushed for me also. As as avid Harry Potter fan I enjoyed the movie but I certainly didn't think that it was anything special.

Although, on a brighter note, the soundtrack was good.

7/10

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

I went to the cinema yesterday with high expectation but I felt a little let down at the end. It was good, but not great. I read the book again just before I went to see it and I just feel that the film missed out a lot of key parts in the book and changed to many scenes around, when they were already fine like they originally were. The ending just felt a little bit rushed for me also. As as avid Harry Potter fan I enjoyed the movie but I certainly didn't think that it was anything special.

Although, on a brighter note, the soundtrack was good.

7/10

I said that to my fiancee at the time. I thought it could have done with being a half-hour longer.

The final duel between Harry and Voldemort should have been kept exactly as it was in the book, with them circling each other in the great hall, taunting each other as everyone else watched on helplessly, instead of being transported to out in the courtyard with no dialogue and no onlookers. I thought that scene was done very poorly. Also, when Harry uses the resurrection stone, he says something to Lupin about being sorry that he'll never know his son - but it's never established in the films that Tonks is pregnant, other than a fleeting mention in the first DH - and even then, she gets cut-off by Moody before having the chance to say it!

Hopefully we'll get an extended edition Blu-Ray set with extra footage on each film.

I said that to my fiancee at the time. I thought it could have done with being a half-hour longer.

The final duel between Harry and Voldemort should have been kept exactly as it was in the book, with them circling each other in the great hall, taunting each other as everyone else watched on helplessly, instead of being transported to out in the courtyard with no dialogue and no onlookers. I thought that scene was done very poorly. Also, when Harry uses the resurrection stone, he says something to Lupin about being sorry that he'll never know his son - but it's never established in the films that Tonks is pregnant, other than a fleeting mention in the first DH - and even then, she gets cut-off by Moody before having the chance to say it!

Hopefully we'll get an extended edition Blu-Ray set with extra footage on each film.

I completely agree with regards to the Harry-Voldemort duel. Like in the book everyone should have been in the great hall watching Mrs Weasley fighting Lestrange and Voldemort fighting the 3(I forgot who they all were but one was McGonagall) and then it should have been Harry - Voldemort in the great hall and them saying the exact same that it said in the book.

I thought that that part was very poorly done and you are also right about the Lupin-Tonks baby situation.

Another 30 minutes or so would have greatly improved the movie.

Never read the books but seen all the films, so I was expecting the mother of all duels between the pair at the end. Since they went to the bother of splitting it into 2 films, an extra half hour of zapping the shit out of each other with wands would have sufficed. That said, thought the film was really good and to be honest one of my favourites out of the series

The Room (2003)

For those that have never seen this film, I genuinely cannot recommend it highly enough.

Make no mistake, The Room is unquestionably the worst film ever made, everything about it is truly atrocious, the acting is terrible, the dialogue is absurd, the music is awful, the entire plot is completely non-sensical; there is not one single part of this film that has been made with any quality whatsoever, and it's that reason that makes the room an absolute delight. If one part of it had been horrific and the rest was ok, it would make for terrible viewing, but because every single element is so sensationally bad it becomes a joy to watch. Somehow, someway, the sheer scale of atrociousness of every aspect meshes together to create something fantastic. Easily the most enjoyable hour and forty minutes' viewing I've had in quite some time.

0/10 / 10/10

Love this review :) Might have to check it out.

In Bruges - Not as good as many reviews indicate. Nothing happens for the first half, other than Brendan Gleeson and Colin Farrell pretending they are Father Ted and Father Dougal. Farrells portrayal of Dougal is uncanny. Stuff happens, gets slightly more interesting then it ends. Left me thinking "that actually ended up not bad". Far from essential viewing though.

6.5/10

The Room (2003)

0/10 / 10/10

Oh hi, J_Stewart!

Love this review :) Might have to check it out.

Some of my finest work :P

Honestly though, watched it last night and I can still see and remember almost every part of the film and yet there is literally nothing I could say that could do justice to just how bad / amazing it really is. It really has to be seen to be believed...

...Oh hai, SaltyTON

Edited by J_Stewart

Unstoppable.

A runaway train is tearing through Pennyslvania and is carrying some toxic chemicals. Denzel Washington and his sidekick have to save the day.

Totally unbelievable, but good enough to pass an hour and a half. 6/10

It's based on a true story :P

CSX 8888 Incident

Spot on mate, fucking spot on. The book was much better, watching the film, I didn't think it was very emotive, whereas the book was, extremely.

The Room (2003)

0/10 / 10/10

Oh hi, J_Stewart!

You stole my joke. YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SALTY!

Totally agree with J_Stewart, absolutely diabolical piece of film making, yet some of the best unintentional comedy i have ever seen. I love that the director (Tommy Wiseau, remember the name!) is trying to now claim it was always intended to be a comedy.

"I got the results of the tests back, and i definitely have breast cancer".

The Departed (2006)

Not much needs to be said, one of the few that more than certainly deserved its Oscar!

9/10 - loses a point as far too long!

By that logic 2001, Schindler's List, Once Upon A Time In America, Lawrence Of Arabia etc etc are all illegible for 10/10.

All the material in The Departed is necessary and the plot moved quickly and slickly, a lot of things happen and there's a sort of split narrative that intensifies it. It doesn't stop being entertaining, exciting and thrilling from start to finish.

Not really sure it counts as a movie but I stumbled across the unfinished Wonder Woman pilot/TV movie that never was earlier this evening.

Not as bad as you'd think, although some of the dialogue is awful at times and there are things that just dont make sense like when she tortures a bad guy for information while the police stand outside listening to him scream. Or when she tells Liz Hurley shes going to kill her. Or when she kills a guard by throwing a pipe through his throat. Erm, what?!?

On the plus side, Adrianne Palicki is really good as Wonder Woman despite numerous costumes/personalities/hairstyles. You can see stories starting to develop and her wee sidekick is quite good. Murders aside the fight scenes are not bad either.

Bit too much talking but the show would have had potential, with a sizeable amount of tweaking. Worth a watch, even if for the bits they left in/haven't added (ropework during stunts, i"insert police cars here" across the bottom of the screen, the way her costume changes walking out the elevator, etc) due to the unfinished nature of it.

4/10

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part II

This was far too short, and missed out some really good bits from the book. I would have liked to have seen more of the Dumbledore back-story in both films (I can't remember exactly when it happens in the book). The action scenes were excellent, and some of the performances from certain people were good whilst others were typically wooden. Like the book, it felt rushed and some of the dialogue didn't translate well from book to film. Some moments were very awkward to watch when they shouldn't have been.

Despite that, it was a decent enough ending to the series. I preferred "Part I" to this, so I'll give it 6.5/10.