What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Cat Returns (2002

This was on Film4 earlier. I own the whole Studio Ghibli Collection boxset, but I haven't got round to watching any yet, so I'm glad this popped up on TV.

I missed the first twenty minutes, but I managed to catch on fairly quickly what was going on. It was more childish that I had imagined, so my dad fell asleep during it. I thought it was really good though. The story was, again, really nice and the characters were likeable.

I like cats.

7/10

Extreme Movie (2008)

As these shit "x, y or z Movies" go, this wasn't too bad. It was funny in parts, albeit it took about 50 minutes before a laugh but it got there in the end (bad choice of words given the subject matter haha).

Had some famous people in it, like Matthew Lilard and Jamie Kennedy (Scream), Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle) and Michael Cera (Scott Pilgrim), plus it had lots of naked hot girls.

What's not to like? Well, except for the first tedious 50 minutes of course...

5/10 as it was better than expected!

Kidulthood<BR><BR>Thought the storyline was good and quite realistic. The only thing was after about an hour was the white kid out of the main gang , I just wanted to reach into the TV and kick the living piss out of him. Giving it all blood and innit. Too many little p***ks like that round my neck of the woods.<BR><BR>7/10

Edited by Randall Graves

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Michael Bay makes sure that this film does not tarnish his reputation in the way that The Rock and Bad Boys did. :)

As the wee robot said, which along with the part played by John Malkovich is about the only thing decent about this film, "uh oh, this is one hell of a clusterfuck" (or words to that effect).

3/10

Would raise it to a 5/10 just for the part when the building starts to fold over. In 3d it's the best thing i've seen. Otherwise poor movie.

The Tree Of Life

Terrence Malick's new film is a drama of childhood and family doubling as an epic journey into nature, life and afterlife.

It's nothing short of miraculous. It's like 2001 (without the science fiction) meets It's A Wonderful Life (without the angels).

From a filmmaking point of view it's revolutionary: the direction, cinematography and editing are meticulous, the special effects (by Douglas Trumbull) out-of-this-world and, like Malick's The Thin Red Line, it makes you wonder "what is narrative in cinema?". This film is a new way of telling a story.

It's unmissable on a big screen. Go when the theatre's quiet if you can. And don't get popcorn, you won't eat it.

10/10, of course. (#3 on my top films of all-time list, for reconsideration after a rewatch.)