What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hobo With A Shotgun

The second film developed from one of the fake trailers featured in Grindhouse (the other being Machete which I thought was a bore and would rate at 3/10). It's full-on virtually from the off and barely lets up throughout the 86mins. It's very authentic as an exploitation film - gaudy colours, soundtrack often too loud, acting not great, one star name etc - and works well for it. The gore is impressive and hilarious with a few set pieces that are very memorable. The often used 'hospital gurney battering through corridor doors' scene is my highlight of the movie as the sight of Rutger Hauer astride his friend and trying to treat the wound with a mixture of vodka and gaffa tape is a sight to behold.

It's by no means perfect. Like a lot of apocalyptic visions of society, it gets a bit close to Mad Max territory on occasion and the addition of a couple of demonic characters (aka The Plague) was unnecessary and adds nothing to the story.

It's a hoot.

7/10

Hobo With A Shotgun

The second film developed from one of the fake trailers featured in Grindhouse (the other being Machete which I thought was a bore and would rate at 3/10). It's full-on virtually from the off and barely lets up throughout the 86mins. It's very authentic as an exploitation film - gaudy colours, soundtrack often too loud, acting not great, one star name etc - and works well for it. The gore is impressive and hilarious with a few set pieces that are very memorable. The often used 'hospital gurney battering through corridor doors' scene is my highlight of the movie as the sight of Rutger Hauer astride his friend and trying to treat the wound with a mixture of vodka and gaffa tape is a sight to behold.

It's by no means perfect. Like a lot of apocalyptic visions of society, it gets a bit close to Mad Max territory on occasion and the addition of a couple of demonic characters (aka The Plague) was unnecessary and adds nothing to the story.

It's a hoot.

7/10

Did you *ahem* acquire this? Or is it out in cinemas/dvd?

Hobo With A Shotgun

It's a hoot.

7/10

where did you see this its not even out yet. Looks brilliant anyways.

Edited by killiepiemuncher

Did you *ahem* acquire this? Or is it out in cinemas/dvd?

It's got a limited release in cinemas from today. It was also on at the Glasgow Film Festival a while back though I didn't catch it there.

is it full on bum with a gun action or is there a boring story with a message in there

There's a basic morality that bad people deserve to be killed but, other than that, it's full on bum with gun. Some classic newspaper headlines in it - 'Tramp Stops Begging, Demands Change' and 'Parents Smile While Bodies Pile'. A guy walks onto a school bus with a flamethrower, say no more.

bridesmaids. 1/10

so shit i started reading my kindle app on my phone.

i paid to sit in a cinema and read. :angry:

she didnt like either. but apparently i get to make up for it with potter on weds.

i dont like potter

Knight and Day was on Premier last night - 5/10

Enjoyable enough, plenty going on, fairly light hearted and fast paced.

Got plenty of stuff Sky+ now that i'm on my much maligned teacher holidays, so will get plenty of films watched over the next few weeks!

Also if you watched Jay and Silent Bob before watching all of Kevin Smith's films before that, it is not nearly as funny, the entire film is a nod to Clerks, Mallrats etc.

A Single Man

I was in HMV the other day and it was only a couple of £ so I thought why not?

It's a great film! Great acting by Colin Firth who plays a British college professor in LA in 1962 who is struggling to come to terms with the death of his partner.

Great movie, but also quite depressing at the end.

8.5/10

A Single Man

I was in HMV the other day and it was only a couple of £ so I thought why not?

It's a great film! Great acting by Colin Firth who plays a British college professor in LA in 1962 who is struggling to come to terms with the death of his partner.

Great movie, but also quite depressing at the end.

8.5/10

Agree with that. Very good film. Terrific acting beween Firth and Moore. The music in it is very befitting aswell.

Cell 211

Spanish prison riot/siege based around the story of a prison guard on his first day who is trapped with the cons and pretends he's one of them in order to survive. Pretty good as far as these things go. Tense in parts and some reasonable social commentary.

6.5/10

Bloodrayne: The Third Reich (2010)

Well we know what we're getting here... it's Boll, it's a game-to-cinema film, it's a second sequel of a bad film... can't expect much, can we?

This one has Nazis, and has Clint Howard (who I normally hate) playing the perfect mad Nazi doctor.

It's shit, we all know it's shit, but it was the best in the series so far... and it signed off with "Guten tag, motherfuckers"!

5/10

Adjustment Bureau

Good Sci-Fi film. Well worth a watch,

8/10

The Mechanic

I didn't expect much from this film but I was pleasantly surprised. Ben Foster puts in a great performance.

7/10

Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 7.5/10

I'd say that this is the best film of series. So the main characters can't act and it goes a little bit weird towards the end. In fact I'm changing the score slightly. It was rather gripping, a lot more action than the first part. Good tone throughout the film, less of the angst that has plagued some of these films but a bit more genuine emotion. Worth a watch.