Grown Ups

Very silly and a few good one-liners

Passed a hour and a bit away

6/10

Started to watch Scott Pilgrim Versus the world

Turned it off. Whit a pile o shite

1/10

Only gets one point for the bird with who he wanted to shag into oblivion

I did the same with Scott Pilgrim to start with but i sat down and watched it again when it was on Sky Movies and actually thought it was decent.

I did the same with Scott Pilgrim to start with but i sat down and watched it again when it was on Sky Movies and actually thought it was decent.

Yeah, the first 20 odd minutes of it are fairly pish. It's only when it get down to the fighting business does it really become a decent watch.

Martyrs

Incredible French film, very hard to describe without giving away too much. It might be a bit much for some people to stomach as the violence is on a different level here and the effects are very well done. It certainly had me gripped for the entire film, which is quite rare.

9/10

I have read that the Producers of Twilight are in talks for an American version. I really hope they leave it the f**k alone, there is no way a remake could do this film justice.

Trailer:

I really hope they don't re-make Martyrs just for the sake of it being in English. I don't think there's any way anyone could improve on it or do it justice. The quality of the effects are the best I think i've ever seen. Brilliant film and totally gripping to the end, as you say.

Let Me In (2010)

It's almost exactly the same film as Let the Right One In, yet somehow it's a bit shit. I love the Swedish version, and Lina Leandersson is fucking brilliant in it... this on the other hand just seems so unbelievably forced!

Don't waste your time, go straight to the real thing!

5/10

As Mark Kermode said "I've already let the right one in. Why would I let you in?"

Started to watch Scott Pilgrim Versus the world

Turned it off. Whit a pile o shite

1/10

Only gets one point for the bird with who he wanted to shag into oblivion

See I thought it was a really good film, must be an age thing I guess. But the last point is very eloquently put.

Watched a film called "Conviction" yesterday. Pretty decent film about a guy that was sent down for murder but his sister was convinced he didn't do it so trained at a law school to work as his attorney to free him. based no a true story and think they did a good job telling it.

7/10

Bad Teacher 7/10

Thought it had some really funny moments, not the funniest film you'll see this year but definetly worth a watch.

The Next Three Days 7/10

Really enjoyed this aswell, has some really frustrating bits and goes a little slow for some people's liking at times but I'd still recommend it.

Watched Kidulthood tonight for the first time in ages - I'm not sure what to make of it. Some good acting and the plot was interesting - some would say extreme but as someone who's seen and heard countless stories similar to those in the film, it does happen in the real world.

Dead Silence (2007)

Quite a shit horror film. Some guy gets left a ventriloquist dummy at his door. He brings the gift in but oh no it turns out to be alive and murders his girlfriend. He then returns to his hometown where these dummies are a bad omen and finds out that there's some curse. Best bit is when you find out the guys dad is being used like a dummy. Apart from that, not much else.

3/10

just back from hols. these were all on iphone for flights etc

the hobbit (1977) 4/10

not bad for its time. bit too much singing.

x-men first class 8/10

some good acting, a great story. shame they didnt expand on certain characters. loved the few injokes

expendables 7/10

great in jokes again, good action sequences, story abit lame

dispicable me 8/10

genuine laughs during this,

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)

This was fucking hilarious. :lol:

Exactly my type of movie. No real plot, very immature, and laughing almost constantly.

8/10

if ye liked that check out kevin smiths other films, all crackers

Bridesmaids

I can only assume that a lot of people that really like this have had to sit through many rom-coms and chick flicks to which this compares favourably. It was mildly amusing for a bit and I did laugh a few times but it's way too long, not nearly as interesting as I'd hoped and the ending was close to making me spew.

3/10

I actually quite enjoyed it, although it was ruined slightly by some old hag who was cackling every minute or so. Must've been the first comedy she's ever seen!

The Irish guy from the IT crowd was really good in it. They did miss a joke, they should've said something about how he seemed like the only cop in the whole state.

Apart from him it was still ok.

Bout a 5 or a 6 out of 10 for me.