What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

was at the edinburgh film festival over the weekend and saw 3 films.

Senna. Really good film. what a hero. 8/10

Pefect sense. Utter shite. The acting was alright but the content and plot was bullshit. It felt like walking out of church (the shit message being reach out to each other). typicall bbc brainwashing shit. 4/10

king of the devils island. brilliant norwegian film, and very sad, also heart warming the way they all fought against the guards. 9/10

Worlds greatest dad- 8/10

Saw it in the cinema, and bought it recently in asda for a fiver.

I love this movie, but my two mates who watched it with me didnt know how to feel, they said it was trying to be to many different things and didnt get the point. But I loved it

Robin Williams at his best

X-men: First Class

Actually surprised me after the utter crap that was x-men 3. Change of director clearly helped!

Xavier and Magneto's younger characters are superb and perfectly cast.

Lots of subtle references to x-men lore throughout if you're nerdy enough to pick them out! cool.gif

8/10

I liked the Wolverine scene!

Ghoulies IV (Video 1994)

I love fantasy comedy films, like Troll, The Dark Crystal, Krull and Willow, and when it started off as one I was happy as expected a crap horror...

Then came the starting credits... "director Jim Wynorski" - WIN without seeing anymore, anyone not looking forward to Syfy showing Piranhaconda has serious mental problems!

It's sitting at 2.1/10 on IMDb, clearly people haven't understood the Wynorski concept! The man is a genius, and as I said to Andyboy he must be a shoe-in for the Best Director Oscar for Piranhaconda!

Gets the best spoof mark - 7/10! :D

Green Lantern

It was alright. A lot better than the trailers suggested, I'd seen a few and thought the CGI/SFX looked shit but they turned out pretty good. Honestly, I didn't ever think it was gonna be great cause I'm not a fan of the characters nor have a read any GL comics.

5.5/10

Piranha 3D:

I thought it was quite good. Quite hard to mark down, what with it's over the top gore at some points, and Kelly Brook completely naked underwater getting it on with another lassie. Ooft.

Story wise it was a little weak, but for reasons mentioned above, it was alright.

7/10.

The Social Network:

Loved it, actually. Very good script, and the acting I thought was excellent - Justin Timberlake played his role really well, even if his character came across as a complete walloper. I'm a big fan of Jesse Eisenberg's, and I thought his role as Mark Zuckerberg was superb. It was clear that the events were of course dramatized to make it a little more entertaining, but didn't stop me enjoying it.

A solid 9/10 for me.

Doghouse (2009)

British comedy horror about a bunch of guys (led by the normally intolerable Danny Dyer) who set off to some random shithole village outside of London to get a bit of piece and quiet to help their pal that's going through a divorce get over it.

Turns out the village is filled with female zombies that have killed every man in the village already until Dyer and his buddies turn up... there's even a gay guy, so now he's the only gay in the village...

I'm on a roll with funny "so shit they're amazing" comedy horrors! Long may it continue! Definitely well worth the £3.49 I paid for it! :D

But the best part, a random cameo from the fucking legend that is Billy Murray! He seems to have moved into comedy horror and is doing Strippers v Werewolves with the right honourable Sir Robert Englund... and Martin Kemp... this year!

7/10

Watched two the night with the missus

Valley Girl - Nicolas Cage in 1983, him being a rock guy, trying to pump a Preppy chick, was pretty bad, made no real sense, and the burd who had to choose the guy just seem to make no choices. best thing about it was the song at their prom "Johnny are you queer?"

Menace II Society - love in the 'hood films, good film

Doghouse (2009)

I'm on a roll with funny "so shit they're amazing" comedy horrors! Long may it continue! Definitely well worth the £3.49 I paid for it! :D

7/10

Sure i gave it the same mark, enjoyed it for what it was. Slightly less enjoyable than Severance, which is a cracking film.

Timeline (2003)

Based on the novel by Michael Crichton, about a bunch of "Scots", well Gerard Butler, plus an English woman, a French man and a twat (Paul Walker), who travel back in time to the Hundred Years war to rescue Billy Connolly... to think they had a chance to leave the eejit in the 14th century (which explains half his jokes to be honest with you)...

An enjoyable little romp, if totally flawed in so many ways, and I don't just mean Paul Walker!

And just remember if you need a French princess, you of course hire Anna Friel... :unsure:

6/10

Manhunt: Search for the Night Stalker (TV 1989)

Police drama about cops in California trying to track down a serial killer/rapist/thief who is terrorising a neighbourhood, before expanding state-wide.

Based on the true story of Richard "the Nightstalker" Ramírez, and a decent enough made for TV real-life film!

The story of Ramírez is found here.

6/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Timeline (2003)

Based on the novel by Michael Crichton, about a bunch of "Scots", well Gerard Butler, plus an English woman, a French man and a twat (Paul Walker), who travel back in time to the Hundred Years war to rescue Billy Connolly... to think they had a chance to leave the eejit in the 14th century (which explains half his jokes to be honest with you)...

An enjoyable little romp, if totally flawed in so many ways, and I don't just mean Paul Walker!

And just remember if you need a French princess, you of course hire Anna Friel... :unsure:

6/10

I remember reading the book of that and it was quite good. Sounds like the film is a dog.

Platoon - never seen it before, so I watched it last night. Absolutely brilliant sums it up. 9/10.

I,ve got it lying in a box of old films that I,m going thru. Maybe try it next.

Senna

I enjoyed this, and I will confess to knowing very little about Senna until that 'Top Gear' show. What an utterly brilliant man he appeared to be. In the race clips my heart was in my mouth at times, and the entire Prost-Senna thing was very interesting. It was interesting, exciting and tragic. I couldn't sit down and watch it unless it was in a wee cinema (I saw it at Eden Court), it just seemed to work well in the smaller surroundings.

A solid 8/10