What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Pompey

I watched Goodbye Lenin, my German isn't so good, so I maybe missed the plot a bit - but I'd still give it 6/10 :)

I went to see The Interpreter last night (first time I've been at the pictures since I watched Starsky and Hutch, in Welsh, in Cardiff) - how the f**k can they charge £3 for a Sprite :o ? Aside from the mental prices, and the fact that the film was quite patently about Rhodesia, and Djemba-Djemba or whatever his name was was clearly Joshua N'Komo, and Nicole Kidman didn't get her tits out even ONCE :angry: , I'd still give it 7/10. I'd give Sean Penn about 8/10, and I'd give Nicole Kidman 1.

Yup I like it too :ph34r:

When we watched it, my mate said he could see me doing something similar :lol:

475719[/snapback]

Weird... I don't remember William Miller wearing a bow tie in the film :P

Edit: Good-bye Lenin! is a masterpiece, and deserves 9/10 :D

Edited by nach0king

Just watched Scary Movie. 9/10!

476146[/snapback]

I just watched that. I can think of at least two things wrong with the title. You know, in a hundred years time, people are going to look back at today's cinema and television and think to themselves "Did they actually mean a single word they said?". 1.2/10

The first copyrighted motion picture was a man sneezing, Jim. It wasn't all Un Chien Andalou back then either :P

476339[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain that original motion picture would be infinitely more enjoyable than Closer, or indeed Scary Movie.

Film police alert.... :lol: JP full of his usual cr4p about anything remotely mainstream. :P

Watched Anchorman the other night. Not bad...Probably 6/10

Been meaning to go see "the assasination of richard nixon" but not had a chance...Anyone seen it?

Guest mrs stainrod

Been meaning to go see "the assasination of richard nixon" but not had a chance...Anyone seen it?

476358[/snapback]

Quite fancied that too, as well as Amytville and the Interpreter.

Not got round to it yet :rolleyes::(

I'm off to see the Interpreter on Friday.

Was going to go and see the Assasination of Richard Nixon but after reading the reviews it seems to focus more on the life of the other guy.

I just watched that.  I can think of at least two things wrong with the title.  You know, in a hundred years time, people are going to look back at today's cinema and television and think to themselves "Did they actually mean a single word they said?".  1.2/10

476335[/snapback]

It's a piss take of the real scary movies such as Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. It is supposed to be ridiculous and when I was younger I found it funny but watched it again last night. Not great. 5/10

It's a piss take of the real scary movies such as Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. It is supposed to be ridiculous and when I was younger I found it funny but watched it again last night. Not great. 5/10

476374[/snapback]

But why do a parody of a parody? Scream and I Know What... are derivative of 60s B movies, and Scary Movie is a joke on a joke. All very pointless.

But why do a parody of a parody?  Scream and I Know What... are derivative of 60s B movies, and Scary Movie is a joke on a joke.  All very pointless.

476376[/snapback]

They did a Scary Movie 2 as well ;)

It was worse than the first :lol:

Is there not a Scary Movie 3?

I don't find these films funny. Modern film comedy leaves me cold, in fact most film comedy doesn't do it for me. Stupid slapstick, knob-joke schtick - doesn't float my humour boat.

However, to avoid me being classified as a Pansyist style obscurist ( ;) ) I thoroughly enjoy 'shooting-fighting-killing dumb-ass' action flicks :)