What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It was absolute mince, see my review of it on the previous page.

I'd go as far as to say it was worst film I've seen from 2007, and given Freakshow, Awaken the Dead, AVP2, Dead Mary, I Know Who Killed Me, Bloodrayne 2, Beowulf, Black Water, Shrooms, Spiderman 3, The Invasion, The Number 23 and Wrong Turn 2 were made that year, it's really saying a lot!

You don't fancy coming round to watch it tonight then?

I don't fancy ever again going to Lancashire thanks. :lol:

Let me guess - you went to Blackpool?

I've just read a few reviews from that movie. Seems most folk who've rated it said it was fairly average.

Not a movie but currently i'm watching Band Of Brothers. Up to the fourth part now. Very good so far.

Let me guess - you went to Blackpool?

I've just read a few reviews from that movie. Seems most folk who've rated it said it was fairly average.

Not a movie but currently i'm watching Band Of Brothers. Up to the fourth part now. Very good so far.

Blackpool, Morecambe, Lancaster.

All ned-filled holes and they close on a Sunday.

Groundhog Day (1993)

Really heart-warming wee movie, although not at all what I expected except for the basic premise.

8/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Blackpool, Morecambe, Lancaster.

All ned-filled holes and they close on a Sunday.

Groundhog Day (1993)

Really heart-warming wee movie, although not at all what I expected except for the basic premise.

8/10

ahh that was on the other week there! classic!

8/10 indeed.

After mentioning it earlier I watched The Blair With Project. What annoys me is nothing really seems to happen except a lot of arguing about who lost the map.

Here's an idea folks - you took footage of the map on your camera - just watch it back.

After mentioning it earlier I watched The Blair With Project. What annoys me is nothing really seems to happen except a lot of arguing about who lost the map.

Here's an idea folks - you took footage of the map on your camera - just watch it back.

:lol:

Anyroads.

The Hunting Party ( 2007 )

The idea is pretty simple. Three journalists head to the hills to find a war criminal for an interview. Except that it's not quite that simple. Richard Gere is trying too hard to go for a "nasty guy" type deal, and this is another in a long line of recent roles which have seen him play pretty questionable people, but as usual, he pulls it off fairly well. There's an underlying message about the international community, which gets rather humerously highlighted by the captions at the end. It's a decent enough thriller, which makes the captions even more confusing.

7/10

Charlie Wilson's War ( 2007 )

I can live with seeing two 7/10 movies in a row. Had a good laugh at Philip Seymour Hoffman going mental initially and his character never loses steam. Tom Hanks also does a decent job of making the main character likeable when he really shouldn't be. Don't watch if you like things factual. I don't give a f**k and I enjoyed this.

7/10

Harry Brown: 7.5/10

A gritty, powerful film, highlighting street crime and gang culture along with many other problems society faces. Another great performance by Michael Caine despite his advancing years, albeit in a slightly unrealistic role.

Only complaint was that it was a bit short at 85/90mins.

Go see it, defo worth an Orange Wednesday.

Fell asleep watching Al Pacinos 88 minutes then woke up so it ruined it a bit for me. Im pissed off as it looked pretty good.

Proof that first impressions can be misleading. :P

Thought it was a lot of overblown shite myself.

I did this review earlier in the thread ...

Pieces ( 1982 )

Not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. The plot is pretty straightforward. Guy with a chainsaw is murdering a bunch of girls and we all want to know whodunit. It's pretty ridiculous at times and the gore just makes you want to laugh at times. The first murder is one of the funniest thing I've seen in a while. The head in the cupboard manages to top it about 30 seconds later. There is no way this is going above the half way point, but I'm going to stick with right below it because it's fun at times.

4/10

Still haven't watched Axe though. If it's anything like Pieces it'll raise a smile or two.

I did this review earlier in the thread ...

Pieces ( 1982 )

Not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. The plot is pretty straightforward. Guy with a chainsaw is murdering a bunch of girls and we all want to know whodunit. It's pretty ridiculous at times and the gore just makes you want to laugh at times. The first murder is one of the funniest thing I've seen in a while. The head in the cupboard manages to top it about 30 seconds later. There is no way this is going above the half way point, but I'm going to stick with right below it because it's fun at times.

4/10

Still haven't watched Axe though. If it's anything like Pieces it'll raise a smile or two.

It will, I love films like these cos they can't act, but at least they know it and totally overact for comedic effect. :D

edit: Just noticed Pieces is over half marks on IMDb, that's a rarity for a budget comedy-horror!

Edited by SaltyTON

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)

The original was a classic, but the rest of the series were good at best, however a la the Hellraiser series, the TRUE end was the best of the bunch.

Sadly both series have been restarted, as has Halloween was by Rob Zombie.

Craven got this finale just right, just a shame Cunningham felt the need for a Freddy v Jason tie in (albeit it worked far better than any of the other movie cut and shunt jobs).

8/10