What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest dougalldogg

Fighting

Watched this on sunday night, thought it was pretty good in terms of action and stuff. Worth a watch plenty good fight scenes and an obvious but good twist at the end.

7/10

Grave Of The Fireflies.

It had been a while since I last this, and within minutes of putting it on, I realised why. Not that it is a bad film, it is a wonderful, wonderful piece of art. But knowing how the story progresses, I was blubbering after about five minutes and didn't stop until the end.

It's the story of the carpet bombing of Japan during the war. Made without comment, politics or bias, it showed the effect of the bombing on Japanese communities. It's a Ghibli animation, and arguably the Studio's most profound work. Anime uberlord Miyazaki Hiayo was involved somewhere along the line.

A genuine masterpiece, but one to watch alone. 10/10

Jennifer's Body

Meh. A few funny moments and Megan Fox is brilliant in many ways but this was no better than 'alright'.

Other than being cute, what ways?

She can't act, has no facial expression except blank, has an horrendous accent and I say again, can't act.

Stoic

Got this off Filmflex the other night as it was only 99p in the Special Offers Folder.

A pretty disturbing but compelling film starring Edward Furlong as a prisoner locked in a cell with three other guys. It's basically about the four of them playing a game of poker that goes badly pear-shaped when one of the guys chickens out of a bet they made after losing a hand. What follows is a systematic beating, rape and torture of the guy, ultimately leading to them forcing him to hang himself.

Definately not one to watch if you're planning a romantic night in but i quite enjoyed it.

A solid 7/10.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)

Usually there's a weak link in a trilogy, but not this time round. Brilliant wee film, plenty of LOL moments, most of which were aimed at adults rather than kids.

8/10

The Green Mile - 10/10

Never seen it before but had heard it was good so I got it off HMV for £2.99.

I will never spend £2.99 on a better film ever!

The story-line is brilliant, the acting is brilliant, the way you get drawn into the whole plot is brilliant. A really, really good movie.

Jennifer's Body

It takes a borderline genius to get the right balance between horror and comedy.

Unfortunately, Diablo Cody is no Sam Raimi, and this film can't decide whether it wants to be a teen horror or a teen comedy, and instead is a bit of a muddle.

It comes across as if their entire pitch was based around what smutty comments they could get Megan Fox to say, and that's pretty much it.

It's not dreadful, and the aforementioned Ms Fox does indeed look lovely (even when she's not), but it's not brilliant.

I'd give it a 5/10. It would have got a 4/10 but gets a bonus point for using Screeching Weasel's cover of I Can See Clearly Now.

Edited by Gaz

Double Jeopardy ( 1999 )

Ridiculous at times, but mostly enjoyable stuff. Enjoyable enough that you can ignore the obvious plot holes. The most ridiculous part being the prosecution lawyer's "aliens must have done it" stuff at the start. I almost turned it over right at that point, but I'm glad I didn't, mainly because I found myself rooting for this woman to find her husband and kill the vag.

6/10

Oh, I'm going 8/10 on Up and 9/10 on The Searchers as well.

Edited by DomDom

Twilight 6/10

It was different. I came away not sure whether it was good or not. At times I was just thinking "hmmmm this is going a bit slow". But I did like the fact I didn't really know where it was going or what was going to happen next . . . well until the last half hour.

Hopefully the new movie is an improvement from the 'introduction' of a first movie.

i was a bit confused about my opinion of the film myself, then i heard them playing muse in the background...