What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Fight Club ( 1999 )

Worthy of the acclaim that it gets. The awesome Tyler Durden character ( obviously ) makes this movie. Thanks to the big twist, you also need about two watches afterwards, because even when the twist happens, there's still things you forget which lead you to ask "so how does THAT make sense ?". Having the great looking Brad Pitt in the Tyler Durden role does seem to be a bit of a weird choice all things considered, but the guy excelled in the role so you can't complain too much. One of the small percentage of madly hyped movies that meets expectations.

10/10

My favourite movie of all time. (Probably)

There's no such thing as a 'really scary' film, unless you're a big girl. The closest I've found is the Descent as I'm pretty claustrophobic and Don't Look Down could be if you were afraid of heights.

Just pick a film series and see how you go, I'm sure there'll be something there you like.

'of the Dead' series, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Phantasm, House (comedy horror), Leprechaun (comedy horror), Evil Dead, Exorcist, Final Destination, Scream, Living Dead, Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Warlock, Wishmaster.

Watch a whole series (missing no films) then watch an Eli Roth Film (Hostel, Cabin Fever) and whatever series you watched will become the best thing ever! :lol:

EDIT: Re-read that, and the spelling was awful. I felt like a fifer for a second, then I counted my fingers.

Yeah ive seen the likes of the ring n that,i thought there would be a few good unknown horrors seen by a few on here.I use that website , so sometimes i find a decent film alot of the times its crap and need to look again!

Being from Bish, i have to check my fingers alot :P

The Ring & The Grudge frighten me a little in parts. Jerky ghosts aren't good for my ticker.

The ring creeped me out,first time i watched it.I have never seen the Grudge though,could try that today cheers.

I think it depends a lot on when, and how, you watch a film. For example, i think watching any horror film in the middle of the day is pointless.

I've seen people coming on to this thread saying "halfway though *insert film name*, pretty pish so far". Well if you're on the internet whilst watching this fim, you can't really be paying too much attention to it.

Someone also rated something 4/10 and said they had fast-forwarded most of it. There's no point.

Anyway, try and get a hold of Switchblade Romance (Haute Tension), if you can. I thought it was a great film, with a twist that i really didn't see coming.

Also, has anyone seen a film called 'Martyrs'? It's a French horror film i bought the other day but haven't got round to watching yet.

Yeah i see what you mean.Theres nothing better than watching a good old scary in the dark and on your own :D .

I watched Defiance last night.I really enjoyed it, although the ending was a bit shit.I would like to of seen

how they managed to start up their new camp with a hospital,school ect.

. The film just ended out of the blue for me!

7/10

Crank - 8/10 for what it is. Which is watching a film version of a Grand Theft Auto game. Bloody marvelous, but when is Jason Stratham going to get bored?

Children of Men - 6/10. Interesting idea, good post apocalyptic type direction and scenes, but somehow doesn't really get going all that well.

Inglourios Basterds - 7/10. Bradd Pitt in a very disappointing performance made up for by the Nazi and the burd.

The Condemned (2007)

You know with a WWE film that you're going to get plenty of violence, and when you add in Stone Cold, Nathan Jones and Vinny Jones, you know you're going to get one almighty slobberknocker.

Shockingly enough Austin wins, in this US action film in the style of Battle Royale, but not after being whipped like a government mule!

Despite the dialogue, which seemed that it had been written by Vince Russo, this was good old fashioned Monday Night Wars style fun. :)

7/10

Away Days. 7.5 out of 10

Bit of a let down, prefer the book a lot more. The clothing though is pretty much spot on and the trainers are beautiful :wub:

Just watched Away days there, it was quite shit.I dont know what it is about football hooligan films , there has never been a decent one made.

Liked the music in it, and the guys sister was hot.Her names Holliday Grainger, quite a pretty girl.

i'd give it a generous 5/10 just for her being in it.

Doomsday

Tragic. Terrible over-acting, rubbish predictable storyline, so manty parts make no sense at all. Really it was a bunch of Scots twats running around with face paint on. Im still angry at the thought of watching it. Still it had a couple of good gore scenes which was the only saving grace.

2/10

Ordinary Decent Criminal

I really like Kevin Spacey so i thought it was a pretty good watch. Took me a while to get use to the irritating accent but after that it was a solid watch if not a touch predictable, mainly in the ending.

7/10

Runaway Jury

Second time ive seen this and i enjoyed it as much as the first time. A good cast and an interesting storyline that invites you to actually have a think instead of just sitting back and watching it. Well worth a watch.

7.5/10

I just watched Troy last week, I thought it was quite good. 6/10 from me.

Troy is good, although I don't like Gladiator - the most overrated film of all time, which everyone is comparing it to when they say it's shit.

The acting and scripting in Gladiator is fucking awful.

Angels and Demons

6.5 out of 10.

It wasnt bad, but they cut out huge chunks of the story and even changed the climax of the story. That said, that part of it was a bit more believable than in the book. Also,

i dont remember the priest killing himself at the end...considering it would sent him to hell!!

Would say that i prefer the book but then for me, there are few movies that i go on to prefer over the novel version.

Watched Angels And Demons the other day because I had nothing else to do. Wish I had spend my time smashing my head open with a spoon or scooping my eyes out with a rusty fork. I always thought The Da Vinci code got a bit of a tough time, yes it was too long, yes it was a dreadful book with half page chapters and yes Tom Hanks can do so much better, but it was acceptable fair for an hour. Angels and Demons might be the most ridiculous film I have ever seen. If you don't see then ending coming from about ten minutes into the film then you haven't seen many films. And for the middle third of the movie, the police go around shooting things for absolutely no reason whatsoever - certainly nothing to with the plot. You could take oout at least an hour of this film and not alter the plot whatsoever. Even the hot chick isn't hot. 0/10

Watched Juno again too. I simply adored this film when I first saw it. Absolutely loved it. The second time I really began to hate the central characters with a passion. It's a smug, self-knowing infuriating film with almost no likable characters at all. And yet, and yet, there's something about it. It needs a third viewing I think, so no revisionist score from me.