What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

yer being generous.

Not so much a film I have seen, but for LOTR fans, the hobbit's away to be started down the road. They have been clearing and replanting the film set of hobbiton...

Yes it is being generous, I thought the battle scenes at least merited the 2/10.

I cannot wait for these Hobbit movies, glad they are making two, hopefully fit in as much as possible.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 5/10

Actually slightly better than I expected. Totally preposterous storyline and some ridiculously bad acting, but time passed fairly quickly.

Forrest Gump - 8.5/10

Quite a guilty pleasure of mine. I can see why people think that it's overly sentimental and daft, but...I like it. So there.

i know i have asked this before on this thread but f'ck it :P

can anyone recommend any really scary films?

i'm bored of watching the usual guff and looking for somethin diffrent!

either scary,gorey,thriller anything atall!

theres hundreds to choose from at www.tv-links.cc

There's no such thing as a 'really scary' film, unless you're a big girl. The closest I've found is the Descent as I'm pretty claustrophobic and Don't Look Down could be if you were afraid of heights.

Just pick a film series and see how you go, I'm sure there'll be something there you like.

'of the Dead' series, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Phantasm, House (comedy horror), Leprechaun (comedy horror), Evil Dead, Exorcist, Final Destination, Scream, Living Dead, Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Warlock, Wishmaster.

Watch a whole series (missing no films) then watch an Eli Roth Film (Hostel, Cabin Fever) and whatever series you watched will become the best thing ever! :lol:

EDIT: Re-read that, and the spelling was awful. I felt like a fifer for a second, then I counted my fingers.

Edited by SaltyTON

Dead Mary (2007) (V)

You want crap? Try this nonsense, which I thought could only be better than Urban Legend 3 - which is dealing with the same children's scary story.

I was wrong, this was a pile of crap.

First of all, after DM bites someone they become an undead version of themselves with very quick self-healing properties, intent on killing the other members of the party. Almost indestructible you might think!

Then we get down to the final two 'normal' people left, one shoots her with a flare gun - the End!

Why the f**k didn't you try that in the first place instead of fannying about in the woods in the pissing rain?

2/10

The Ring & The Grudge frighten me a little in parts. Jerky ghosts aren't good for my ticker.

Star Trek

Not a big Trekkie but I really enjoyed this. Obviously everybody knows all the characters and it was good to see them as younger versions and how they came together and got to know each other (kind of). Really good special effects, good acting, decent plot.

If there was one thing that let it down, the story wasn't really as 'epic' as I would have liked. It was, more or less, a simple baddie revenge story with some really nice bits thrown in on the side. I wasn't really interested with Eric Banna's character or the Romulans.

7/10

District 9

I liked this. It took a while to get going and the oh so subtle comparisons between apartheid and the way the aliens were treated was a bit boring and patronising, they even set it in Johannesburg.

The 'documentary narrative' went on a bit too long but once the story got going, I really enjoyed it. Good acting, I felt like I cared about the characters.

7/10

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on both films. Both could have hit an 8/10 but both good films, I'd recommend them.

Edited by Gordon EF

There's no such thing as a 'really scary' film, unless you're a big girl.

Speak for yourself.

Although only one of that long list of movies actually did succeed in being scary and that was The Descent. Don't Look Down is a terrific movie, but not scary in the slightest.

[REC] managed to frighten me out of my bloody wits, which is why I rated it so highly. It's been a long time since a horror managed to do that. There's STILL some right good horror moments in It, and Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs is just a horrible character that is scary enough if you ask me.

Speak for yourself.

Although only one of that long list of movies actually did succeed in being scary and that was The Descent.

Ah yes, those female cavers going caving in tank tops with an ice pick - why the hell would you take an ice pick underground unless you were expecting to meet some funny little monsters? Never found it scary in the slightest to be honest, probably because I'm not very claustophobic though.

I think it depends a lot on when, and how, you watch a film. For example, i think watching any horror film in the middle of the day is pointless.

I've seen people coming on to this thread saying "halfway though *insert film name*, pretty pish so far". Well if you're on the internet whilst watching this fim, you can't really be paying too much attention to it.

Someone also rated something 4/10 and said they had fast-forwarded most of it. There's no point.

Anyway, try and get a hold of Switchblade Romance (Haute Tension), if you can. I thought it was a great film, with a twist that i really didn't see coming.

Also, has anyone seen a film called 'Martyrs'? It's a French horror film i bought the other day but haven't got round to watching yet.

Rec 8/10

I watched Quarantine a while ago so thought I would check out the original, the remake seemed to be exactly the same as this one, only difference being the language, even the building looked exactly the same.

The Godfather - 9/10

It's the second time that I've watched this, and it totally rewarded a second view. An all time classic which I could watch again and again without getting bored.