What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

District 9 ( 2009 )

This is mental stuff right here. There's certainly a message in this movie somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can figure out what it is. The movie is plodding along quite nicely untill the last 45 minutes, when the entire thing just descends into absolute madness and you have no idea what's around the corner from that point. The ending is a bit ... I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest. It certainly sticks with me, so it has achieved something at least. Not quite full marks but the hype this has recieved has been well earned.

9/10

District 9 ( 2009 )

This is mental stuff right here. There's certainly a message in this movie somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can figure out what it is. The movie is plodding along quite nicely untill the last 45 minutes, when the entire thing just descends into absolute madness and you have no idea what's around the corner from that point. The ending is a bit ... I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest. It certainly sticks with me, so it has achieved something at least. Not quite full marks but the hype this has recieved has been well earned.

9/10

I disagree.

10/10

The facts that:

- This came out of the mess that was meant to be the Halo film

- The actor who played the main character had never acted on camera before (apart from in the short film the film is based on), but was outstanding

- The hype was nowhere near as bad here than in the States

- The budget was only $30 million, but on a par (if not better) that Iron Man

I'm just not looking forward to any possible Hollywood-wanky sequel...

The actor who played the main character had never acted on camera before (apart from in the short film the film is based on), but was outstanding

Really ? That is pretty impressive. He played his role really well.

The hype was nowhere near as bad here than in the States

Yeah, I figured that the movie must have gotten some major hype when I seen it lingering in the IMDB 250.

The budget was only $30 million, but on a par (if not better) that Iron Man

I don't grade on a curve when it comes to budgets.

A sequel does look likely because of the three years stuff that they were coming out with.

Alfie (1966) - 8/10

Michael Caine is one cool guy! i loved nearly everything about this. His patter is brilliant, referring to specific burds as "it" being a particular sexist highlight. I also liked how they didn't get too preachy or try and have the character change after

the abortion.

Defo recommend it.

London to Brighton - 8/10

Brutal film about a prostitute and a young girl on the run from a pimp after a "job" goes wrong. The actress playing the prostitute (Lorraine Stanley) is brilliant as are the whole supporting cast, in particular Johnny Harris as Derek the pimp, who keep everything (seemingly) realistic.

Edited by Gall09

District 9 ( 2009 )

9/10

I disagree.

10/10

The facts that:

- This came out of the mess that was meant to be the Halo film

- The actor who played the main character had never acted on camera before (apart from in the short film the film is based on), but was outstanding

- The hype was nowhere near as bad here than in the States

- The budget was only $30 million, but on a par (if not better) that Iron Man

I'm just not looking forward to any possible Hollywood-wanky sequel...

Are you guys taking the piss? This is one of the worse films i've ever seen.

1/10.

Final Destination 4

2/10

Pretty boring to be honest. Same old shite......acting was fcuking TERRIBLE at times.

Monsters inc.

9/10

Fantastic. Just fantastic.

Going to watch District 9 tonight :D i have high hopes...

anyone saw Halloween 2 yet?

Edited by Mik

Munich 8.5/10

Sky +'d this the other week. Really good, Eric Bana is brilliant. I didn't actually know the full story before watching it but was really interesting and have looked up stuff since watching it. I like films that make you hungry for more information. :)

Reason I haven't given it more is it was just a wee bit too long IMO.

Edited by footiechick

Are you guys taking the piss? This is one of the worse films i've ever seen.

1/10.

Considering that we actually explained in detail what we liked about the movie should suggest that no, we're not taking the piss.

Sent it at lunch time, so you should get it on Wednesday.

Cheers. :D

The Game Plan ( 2007 )

I don't know if it was my expectations that made this movie seem better, but I really enjoyed this one. It is one of the most unashamedly corny and fun movies that I've seen in ages. It's about as basic as a movie like this can be and it follows pretty much every little rule of such a movie as well. The fact that The Rock just oozes charm here is a big help. At times funny, at other times just fun. Can't ask for much more.

8/10

Taken

Im not usually a fan of these types of movies but I thought it was very well done. Neeson played a great part. 8/10

Be Kind Rewind

Decent enough, light viewing. 6.5/10

Edited by MattBairn

District 9

Absolutely outstanding stuff, i loved the themes, the occasional mockumentry style, and the character arc and performance from the protaginist.

I notice the film is actually getting a somewhat mixed reaction in the states, i can only assume thats a backlash to over-hypingor something.

They'll be arguments that the film doesn't fulfil its premise, and ends up as a bit of a genre mish mash near the end, but its still what films should be aspiring to -a movie that will get people talking, with "big" themes as well as entertainment.

and for that to be made for $30m - :o

And apparently the main characters dialogue was all ad-libbed :o

No score from me though, need to give it a second watch in case i was just blinded by the clever premise...but right now i feel its the best film i've seen this year

Night Watch and Day Watch - 7-10

Gave them a combined score as you really need to watch them to get the full stroy. Not quite as action packed as I'd hoped or as the box leads you to beleive but pretty decent vampire films.

Straightheads - 7/10

Bleak revenge thriller starring Danny Dyer and Gillian Anderson. Really enjoyed it although could be very hard to watch for some.

Minus points for my annoyance at

the fact Alice talked Adam into taking revenge, then fucks off and leaves him to it when he decides their perpetrators haven't had enough payback yet.

National Treasure 1 & 2 - 8/10

I watched these purely and simply because they inexplicably popped up on my Amazon reccommendations. I expected to find them really, really shit but actually enjoyed them. If you imagine a cross between Indiana Jones and The Da Vinci Code, that gives you an idea of the kind of thing that it is and just exactly how ridiculous it is. There's some cringeworthy American patriot type dialogue at stages, but if you can get over that the films are enjoyably ridiculous. Like a lot of films that I've been watching recently, you can more or less switch your brain off and enjoy it, which is generally all that I'm really looking for in a film.

Nic(h?)olas Cage is still a c**t.