What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

In The Loop

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention this. I've never watched The Thick of It though I've seen clips so knew roughly what to expect. Fairly good film with a lot of reasonably funny moments. I didn't think it was the slice of genius that some reviews would have you belive though. Still, it's a good piece of entertainment that isn't overlong.

7.5/10

In The Loop

7.5/10

The main review on IMDb is titled "Funny and entertaining for 30 minutes, boring over 2 hours" - they give it 6/10 which is above average, so to call it boring seems a tad harsh!

I Love You Man

Saw this on Monday night and thought it was surprisingly good. Didn't expect much from it and whilst it was brilliant it was still a decent enough film to warrant going along to see, especially if you like Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin etc. Rudd and Segel have a good on screen relationship and whilst the plot is somewhat predicatable it's enjoyable enough that you can act surprised at the end even though you knew what was likely to happen.

Pretty solid 8/10.

In The Loop

Saw this brill movie at the weekend, what a hoot. Peter Capaldi as Downing Street spin doctor Malcom Tucker was amazing. The script is very slick and the swearing is so funny. If Capaldi doesnt get an Oscar nomination for this then there are some thick critics out there.

9.5/10

The Godfather Part II , it was on offer, I couldn't refuse.

Not as good as Part 1, no matter what the critics say. 8/10

Cloverfield

Abysmal. I know you have to suspend your disbelief for such films but the way the whole thing was filmed was so preposterous that I couldn't go with it all. A lot of other stuff in the plot made a reasonably OK idea a waste of time.

3/10 and that's me being generous.

Cloverfield

Abysmal. I know you have to suspend your disbelief for such films but the way the whole thing was filmed was so preposterous that I couldn't go with it all. A lot of other stuff in the plot made a reasonably OK idea a waste of time.

I wanted every single person in the movie to die within the first 5 mins. Truly abysmal movie.

Cloverfield

Overly generous, I gave it 1/10, and that ain't changing. Utter shite film!

The Dark Knight (2008)

I watched it again on a DVD rip instead of the shitty cam version and take back what I said before. Even with Eckhart stinking up the place, Ledger, Bale, Oldman and Caine make this the best film of its kind.

10/10

Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman (2000) (V)

I love cartoons with the characters singing in them, and love the Chipmunks. Sadly only three songs in this one, but it was pretty fun.

I can't give it a higher mark than the feature film a couple years ago, so...

6/10

zlx6j4.jpg

Death Proof,

What a funny film, Kurt Russell was brilliant as the bad guy, just as cool as f**k but then such the opposite when things don't go his way.

Decent soundtrack and a fantastic stunt sequence with a woman on the bonnet on a car.

8/10

Someone else take it.

While I wouldn't go as high as 9/10, I still really enjoyed it. Okay, so I didn't give a toss about the characters most of the time, but the monster stuff and it's little miniscule buddies made for some pretty good visuals and helped get through the movie. Also some actual scary moments along the way.

It's a shame that they needed to have some crappy story through the movie.